Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Timberwolves waive Delonte West (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186019)

insidehoops 08-03-2010 11:11 AM

Timberwolves waive Delonte West

The Minnesota Timberwolves today announced the team has waived guard Delonte West.

As a result of this move, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune the Wolves now only have to pay $500,000 of his $4.6 million contract.

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6359

Rekindled 08-03-2010 11:12 AM

Re: Timberwolves waive Delonte West

lol KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

Lakers13 08-03-2010 11:13 AM

The Delonte West Race begins

plowking 08-03-2010 11:15 AM

I would love for the Heat to get him, but at this point after all that's happened with him and Lebron in the press I think we'd be more likely to round our team out with Dwight at C and Paul at PG...

1~Gibson~1 08-03-2010 11:17 AM

funny how when he was in Cleveland LA fans called him a midget - crazy - psycho, but now that he's rumored to go to LA he's a "great addition" :lol :ohwell:

good luck to Delonte, and his new team though.

Foster5k 08-03-2010 11:18 AM

Wherever he go..... the moms will follow.

Rowe 08-03-2010 11:19 AM

Somebody is going to get a steal here. 6'3 Combo Guard who can play some PG, can spot up and knock down 3's, and is a good defender.

Where does he fit?

FCN 08-03-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowe
Somebody is going to get a steal here. 6'3 Combo Guard who can play some PG, can spot up and knock down 3's, and is a good defender.

Where does he fit?

He fits anywhere really.

I'd love to see him back in Boston in a 6th man role backing up Rondo and Ray Ray.

dynasty1978 08-03-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
funny how when he was in Cleveland LA fans called him a midget - crazy - psycho, but now that he's rumored to go to LA he's a "great addition" :lol :ohwell:

good luck to Delonte, and his new team though.

Not sure which Laker fans you're referring to, care to point them out? Even so, he can be crazy and a worthwhile addition. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Rowe 08-03-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCN
He fits anywhere really.

I'd love to see him back in Boston in a 6th man role backing up Rondo and Ray Ray.

Boston already picked up Wafer to do that.

1~Gibson~1 08-03-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Where does he fit?

he's a good fit for any team imo. he's shown that he can run in a running system, and even play in a halfcourt offense.

the triangle might be best for him though. he CAN play PG, but i dont think he's a set-up man [like Chris Paul or Deron Williams].

Lakers13 08-03-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynasty1978
Not sure which Laker fans you're referring to, care to point them out? Even so, he can be crazy and a worthwhile addition. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Don't mind him, he's had a hard on for Laker fans for awhile now

Rowe 08-03-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
he's a good fit for any team imo. he's shown that he can run in a running system, and even play in a halfcourt offense.

the triangle might be best for him though. he CAN play PG, but i dont think he's a set-up man [like Chris Paul or Deron Williams].

I know hes a good fit on a lot of teams. Im just talking about in terms of playing time/role/money.

The Knicks could use him if we weren't trying to get Shannon Brown.

hawkfan 08-03-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Where does he fit?

He fits wherever some team is willing to put with his mental problems.

Talent-wise, he's perfect for championship contenders Hawks, Spurs, Celtics, Mavs, Lakers.

Seņor Cedric 08-03-2010 11:30 AM

He'd really fit in well in LA, bet they wish they could un-sign Steve Blake now.