Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   MADDEN 11 midnight release (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186777)

MK2V1GP 08-09-2010 01:26 PM

MADDEN 11 midnight release

Who else will be picking this up tonight at midnight? It's been getting great reviews from everywhere, from what I've seen.

I buy Madden nearly every year, and if this version made as big of a jump as last year did, then I will be very pleased. Anyone who says Madden 10 sucked is just a EA/Madden hater. I'm not a EA fanboy. I wish that Madden had some competition, but they put out a great product last year and from all reports, they've improved on this year as well.

I luckily have tomorrow off, so when/if I pick this up tonight at midnight, I'll probably be playing it all night.

-playmaker- 08-09-2010 06:06 PM

Re: MADDEN 11 midnight release

I actually am...I feel like a Madden geek now

I have never done this before but I preordered it this year at GameStop to get the 20,000 free coins for Madden Ultimate Team...:lol

they text my phone today letting me know they are open past midnight tonight for Madden...

I might not get much sleep tonight...

I have actually been hearing a lot of bad things...but it is Madden, and it wouldn't be Madden without tons of people complaining...

I think they fixed all the exploits though...gonna be very hard to play cheap in this one...

Posterize246 08-09-2010 09:01 PM

I work at 6am tomorrow so I'll get it when I get off. I can get it at my job anyway.

if you have ps3 my name online is the same as here, add me

jazz873 08-10-2010 02:30 AM

I got it. I like it alot so far

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 05:52 AM

been playing for the last 3-4 hours...

I like it...

it is different, I am finding that pass defense is MUCH harder than last year...last year it was very difficult to connect a bomb pass...this year it seems the opposite...seems much harder to defend bomb passes...

need more time to see...

I have not ecountered one nano blitz or any other exploit yet...but give the Madden geeks some time, they might find a way to cheat...

MK2V1GP 08-10-2010 05:39 PM

I like it so far. Only played one full game. I also spent some time customizing the gameflow thing. I'm gonna play a lot more tonight, but today I been busy moving into a new apt.

I really like it. It's different though. I still find myself smashing R2 once I get in the open field, but there's no turbo. I'm still trying to get used to the dual stick control. I do like how much smoother it is compared to last year though.

I know its just a small thing, but I love how when you're flipping through teams to pick, a pic of a player from that team pops up. Neat, small addition that I really like.

baseketball4life 08-10-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I like it so far. Only played one full game. I also spent some time customizing the gameflow thing. I'm gonna play a lot more tonight, but today I been busy moving into a new apt.

I really like it. It's different though. I still find myself smashing R2 once I get in the open field, but there's no turbo. I'm still trying to get used to the dual stick control. I do like how much smoother it is compared to last year though.

I know its just a small thing, but I love how when you're flipping through teams to pick, a pic of a player from that team pops up. Neat, small addition that I really like.

same here i also like how they removed two really stupid things from last yr.

talking about the bringing the chains out for anything close to 1st down... also that smashing the buttons to get a fumble back was retarded...

im happy they took out turbo button makes it a bit easier on everyone. also happy they took out hit stick as in hindsight it was really unrealistic if you were within 5 feet of a player and hit the hit stick it would lay the guy out/get him 100% of the time which we all know aint realistic or close to it.

the game just flows its very smooth the smoothest version yet... so far i like everything about it pass defense is the hardest to get down clearly though gotta work on that tonight.

Posterize246 08-10-2010 07:10 PM

haven't played online yet, is there a roster update if you do?

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
haven't played online yet, is there a roster update if you do?

yes...there is right away

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 07:28 PM

I am going to be pretty much 24/7 Madden Ultimate team now...

which is MUCH harder than last year...

good cards are just really rare...people have already dumped $100s into buying card packs without getting a CJ or AD...

there are no rookie cards released yet either...

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 07:34 PM

wow people can't even play Ultimate Team right now because the servers are flooded...

MK2V1GP 08-10-2010 09:55 PM

So you have to pay actual money for that ultimate team thing? Or what prime?

I never delved into that from last year. I can stay happy just playing franchise mode and exhibitions online, so I never tried it out. But I know you're BIG TIME into it.

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
So you have to pay actual money for that ultimate team thing? Or what prime?

I never delved into that from last year. I can stay happy just playing franchise mode and exhibitions online, so I never tried it out. But I know you're BIG TIME into it.

no, you don't HAVE to, I have never spent a penny on it...but the easy way to create an "Ultimate Team" is to dish out cash...

people are complaining this year that it costs 10x more than last year to get "good cards"...which is good IMO...they made it nearly impossible to create a 99 ranked team...and last year you could create a 99 team with $20-$50...(or hard work like me...lol)

right now, no one is playing MUT...the servers are completely cashed...have been all day from what I understand...

I was looking forward to coming home and playing it...but NOPE...:banghead:

says "too many people online, come back later"...

Posterize246 08-10-2010 10:27 PM

this game goes crazy with the clipping/facemask calls. there were like 10 in the game I just played.

I think I made it across the 20 twice on kickoffs.

-playmaker- 08-10-2010 10:37 PM

yeah returning kicks is MUCH harder in this one...however, I am thinking it is much more acurate to the NFL...

In Madden 10 you could get across the 30 very easily...