Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who's the fastest player in the NFL? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187646)

Posterize246 08-17-2010 05:43 PM

Who's the fastest player in the NFL?

The episode of the ABC reality show "Shaq Vs.," featuring Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson airs tonight at 9 o'clock. As we have told you previously, the show was taped this spring in Los Angeles.

In the weekly show, Shaquille O'Neal faces other athletes or entertainers in their chosen field.

In this episode, O'Neal is joined by Jackson, the Titans' Chris Johnson and Dwight Howard , of the Orlando Magic, for a 200-meter race against Tyson Gay.

DeSean twitter:
Quote:

Tune into "Shaq VS" tonight! @deseanjackson10 races Chris Johnson of the Titans. Who is the fastest man in the nfl? It May surprise you.

Might have to check in to this. Just wanted to make you aware of the show but we can turn this into a poll or something. The guys that come quickly to mind:

CJ
DeSean
Hester
Heyward-Bey
CJ Spiller
Ted Ginn
Fabian Washington

baseketball4life 08-17-2010 05:51 PM

Re: Who's the fastest player in the NFL?

CJ then DeSean I think or so it appears.

-playmaker- 08-18-2010 01:01 AM

Wonder how fast Moss is now...

Prime Moss is faster than CJ I think...

And AD and Mega aren't that far behind the ones you listed

The Big Skinny 08-18-2010 02:38 AM

none of those clowns touch a prime Darrell Green!

haha jk

i'd go with CJ2K as the fastest man so far

Rendezvous32 08-18-2010 04:48 PM

It is probably some scrub like Johnny Knox or Johnnie Lee Higgins. I honestly think those guys are arguably faster than Chris Johnson and DeSean Jackson. Nobody mentions them because they are scrubs and CJ and Jackson are studs.

KG215 08-18-2010 05:06 PM

After watching the clip of the Shaq vs. Gay race, and then the relay, it was pretty obvious it was staged.

I know this is a meaningless made for TV event, but what I took from it.

1. Althought I knew he was one of the best pure athletes in the world, Dwight Howard is even faster than I thought he was.

2. Gay's time in what was supposed to be a 60m was 6.09. The WR is 6.39, so Gay didn't run a full 60m. I know that isn't really important, just found it interesting.

3. In the relay it didn't look like CJ or DJ were particularly running their hardest.

4. Shaq and Gay received the baton at virtually the same time, yet Shaq almsot somehow beats him? Yeah, right. Gay is the fastest man in America and the 2nd or 3rd fastest in the world, yet he needs a lean over the finish line to beat a 7'+ 350 pound late 30's basketball player? It was very obvious that Gay shortened his stride for a second or towards the end of his leg and timed it where he could use his lean to beat Shaq.

Anyway, I'd love to see what many feel to be the 8 fastest players in the NFL and have them race in a 100m dash.

Something else I've always thought would be interesting would be for the NFL to pick 8-10 guys and the NBA pick 8-10 guys and compete in a T&F decathlon. I know that it would never happen, but it would make for great must see TV.

InspiredLebowski 08-18-2010 07:55 PM

Darius Heward Bey? Cuz Al Davis said so? It really depends on if you mean on the field or off.

Posterize246 08-18-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Darius Heward Bey? Cuz Al Davis said so? It really depends on if you mean on the field or off.

too fast for his own damn good.

1~Gibson~1 08-18-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246

lmao..wow..that was amazing and funny at the same time :oldlol:

the kid is fast, nonetheless though.

ROCSteady 08-19-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
none of those clowns touch a prime Darrell Green!

haha jk

i'd go with CJ2K as the fastest man so far

:applause:

ROCSteady 08-24-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Wonder how fast Moss is now...

Prime Moss is faster than CJ I think...

And AD and Mega aren't that far behind the ones you listed

Dude you're a ****in' retard

(On the record d.green burned dieon)

The Big Skinny 08-25-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady

good to see some skins fans up in here.

-playmaker- 08-25-2010 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady

I never said anything about Deion, who never got burned by Green...but if you are talking about Moss he ran a 4.22, which is faster than CJ...

Moss was a track star dude...his speed in his prime was completely freakish...

do your homework before you decide to call me out...

ROCSteady 08-26-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I never said anything about Deion, who never got burned by Green...but if you are talking about Moss he ran a 4.22, which is faster than CJ...

Moss was a track star dude...his speed in his prime was completely freakish...

do your homework before you decide to call me out...

Lol Prime that was not RocSteady. That was my friend. ROCSteady, an English buff, would never have spelled Deion incorrectly :cheers:

I remember quite well Viking Moss and his streaks as well

ROCSteady 08-26-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Skinny
good to see some skins fans up in here.

I'm a bona fide die-hard so yeah, here's to a great season!! Excited for the future for all the right reasons :banana: