Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post your court! show us where u play (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187812)

devin112 08-19-2010 02:52 AM

Post your court! show us where u play

I usually ball at night at 24hr fitness but sometimes I ball outdoors ^. park was about to turn off the lights that's why it's empty. I hoop at 4 different parks/courts.

post ur courts. i'll try to get a pic of all the other courts too.

usercocc 08-19-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Post your court! show us where u play

Now, we have our basketball system installed in Jimmy's yard. It is something like this.

Nice

iamgine 08-19-2010 03:02 PM

SourPatchKids 09-14-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine

does the light hurt your eyes?

HylianNightmare 09-21-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin112

I usually ball at night at 24hr fitness but sometimes I ball outdoors ^. park was about to turn off the lights that's why it's empty. I hoop at 4 different parks/courts.

post ur courts. i'll try to get a pic of all the other courts too.

wheres that at?

ghettoracer 09-23-2010 09:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaU4Ff6MCyg

09/17/2010 shot @ TKU in DanShui, Taiwan. this is the nicest gym i've been to. it's on the 7th floor sitting on top of a hill. beautiful view!

for warmups i usually dribble slowly and do all the moves slow and try to be smooth and just going through the motions... shooting around the paint area. i like to do bank shots as you can see and i can hit them on both sides.

notice i don't usually bother to set my feet for the shots. i've developed my shots enough where i don't need my legs. not setting for shots have very little effect on my accuracy and mainly adds range for me. when i shoot i'm usually left leg weight dominate but i will do right leg dominate sometimes and confuse the defense.

pretty much no jumping in this video. i'll try to get some squatting video (for forms critique) and jumping next week.

Swaggin916 09-23-2010 11:18 PM

I don't know man... it seems like your shot could easily be contested, but I'd have to see you play live. Nice courts tho... I wish there were 2 courts where I played... cut down on the wait time by a lot.

Even from seeing you practicing lazily, I can tell you are a decent player.

ghettoracer 09-24-2010 12:05 AM

hehe. that's what most ppl might think but i'm 36 already. so i'm usually playing oldman basketball style. timing, fakes, pivots, hesitations get me huge open looks. i only used my legs if i really need to. i'll see if i can get some 1-1 action footage next week. i'll have my friend guard me (203 cm 19 yo kid).

Swaggin916 09-24-2010 02:23 AM

how the hell are you 36? That's crazy.

ghettoracer 09-24-2010 01:41 PM

i hardly believe it myself. lol. the years just go by... it's just a number now.

PowerGlove 09-24-2010 10:42 PM

Lol, everyone is playing on good courts and shit. I live in a part of metro atlanta that has more baseball fields than basketball courts and I dont feel like renewing my LA fitness membership to play against 5 bill laimbeers.

Nelson14 09-25-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Lol, everyone is playing on good courts and shit. I live in a part of metro atlanta that has more baseball fields than basketball courts and I dont feel like renewing my LA fitness membership to play against 5 bill laimbeers.

nah man i know how thatis i've been playing on the same regular park courts with no lights and shit for years

LA KB24 10-05-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove

:oldlol:

Point Blank 10-05-2010 11:25 PM

Only pic I can find. The gym is located at UMD.

Ghettobird 10-05-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Point Blank

Only pic I can find. The gym is located at UMD.

very nice