Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Can Palmer regain his top 5 quarterback form? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187834)

Carbine 08-19-2010 11:54 AM

Can Palmer regain his top 5 quarterback form?

There was a time that he was the next great quarterback, the one who would take the throne from Manning/Brady when they declined and become that elite level quarterback.......

Then he got injured against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Since then he hasn't really been that same player.

Now he has the amount of weapons around him (except for a speed, down the field reciever) to really showcase his talent once again......but does he still have it?

I'll be watching closely. I still kinda believe in him.

craigthomasb 08-19-2010 12:23 PM

Re: Can Palmer regain his top 5 quarterback form?

Im banking on him in FF!

in all honesty, i think hes ready to go off big this year, with his WR, solid running game, i think he will have a big season

KingBeasley08 08-19-2010 12:48 PM

He's got a shot for sure. He's got a great run game with Benson, a nice OL, two great WRs, a new TE to throw to, and a good defense helping him. I'm rooting for him. But with the way QBs have been playing recently, I don't see Top 5. Top 10 is possible. This is my top 10 (no specific order)
Brees
Manning
Brady
Rivers
Schaub
Romo
Roethlisberger
Favre
Rodgers
McNabb/Young Manning

baseketball4life 08-19-2010 12:48 PM

Theres no reason he can't, not sure what the hell his issue is 3,100 passing yards is pathetic, that is scrub sh1t even after that Pittsburgh knee injury he still posted back to back 4,000+ passing yards and 26+ TD passing TD's seasons so I dont think its that. Maybe its that elbow since he messed it up he's lost strength according to reports and been miserable. If he doesn't net close to 3,800 passing yards or more this year we know he's definitely lost it physically, his skills have erroded at that point he's got Ochocinco, T.O, Gresham, Shipley, Bryant, great running game with Benson/Scott and good offensive line everything is set up so we'll see but I'm not optimistic personally after last year's debacle.

ROCSteady 08-19-2010 03:39 PM

Hope so, he's my fantasy starter in one of my leagues

mlh1981 08-19-2010 04:53 PM

He is my favorite player in the league, but even as a huge Bengals fan, he no longer has any excuses.

He has the playmakers around him, his health should be fully inact, and is still relatively young.

In prior years, something was missing. He posted big numbers after his surgery, but even then, he wasn't totally right. 2008 was short-circuited due to an unrelated injury, and last year, he had a lack of reliable targets.

No more excuses. Time for my boy, #9 to step up.

baseketball4life 08-19-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
He is my favorite player in the league, but even as a huge Bengals fan, he no longer has any excuses.

He has the playmakers around him, his health should be fully inact, and is still relatively young.

In prior years, something was missing. He posted big numbers after his surgery, but even then, he wasn't totally right. 2008 was short-circuited due to an unrelated injury, and last year, he had a lack of reliable targets.

No more excuses. Time for my boy, #9 to step up.

Coles dropped everything in site last year whenever I watched a game, but also the Bengals ran the ball like hell, will they be passing back to normal? I mean if Palmer gets the attempts up like he did in previous years in his career he can rack up the stats but if they run a ton nothing he can do but be efficient with puney yardage totals.