Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm getting an agent (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187876)

Maga_1 08-19-2010 06:39 PM

I'm getting an agent

Last 2 season i played for a pro team as most of you know, but i was a semi pro player cause i was practising just one time per day and lifting weights just 2 times per week.

This year i will skip college.
I'll play pro as a pro player, working 2 times per day and doing individual practises with a spanish coach.

Cause this is a important step in my career i'll "hire" an agent that talked to me in an event occured in my city.
Season starts next week, this year i will update everyone about my games and stats.

Good season for everyone.

NY-Knicks 08-19-2010 06:50 PM

Re: I'm getting an agent

Good for you, what team are you on now (from the other thread you made earlier)? Are you thinking about going to college if you get a scholarship next year?

Maga_1 08-19-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Good for you, what team are you on now (from the other thread you made earlier)? Are you thinking about going to college if you get a scholarship next year?

For the one where i'll earn more money, cause the other PG changed to other team.
College here is different, there is no scholarships like in US.
I was talking with my agent and he says that if i want i could win a scholarship playing in US, but next year i'll turn 21 .. it's a lil bit late isn't it?

NY-Knicks 08-19-2010 07:56 PM

Yeah I meant a scholarship in the States. It's definitely late, yeah. But it depends on the school you'd go to. If it's a huge school which can get you exposed to a lot of GM's and scouts for pro teams I'd say go for it. Your decision tho.

Maga_1 08-19-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah I meant a scholarship in the States. It's definitely late, yeah. But it depends on the school you'd go to. If it's a huge school which can get you exposed to a lot of GM's and scouts for pro teams I'd say go for it. Your decision tho.

I don't know, i saw a lot of NCAA games (div-1 of course), and i think i'm not a player to play there (yea i'm not saying playing for Duke or NC) lol

NY-Knicks 08-19-2010 09:16 PM

What do you mean, doesn't your playing style translate well to the college game or are you afraid you can't compete for a starting spot in the division I?

623baller 08-19-2010 11:01 PM

damn, i wish i can say that about myself

congrats and good luck

make sure you get a trainer from the team too so you are conditioned for the season and not doing off-season build/exercise which can affect your game

Maga_1 08-19-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

What do you mean, doesn't your playing style translate well to the college game or are you afraid you can't compete for a starting spot in the division I?

Most of the guards in college are athletic and sized, i'm not that ..
I can barelly throw a dunk, i'm 1.80m and i'm white .. If you saw my video you know my skills.

Maga_1 08-19-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 623baller
damn, i wish i can say that about myself

congrats and good luck

make sure you get a trainer from the team too so you are conditioned for the season and not doing off-season build/exercise which can affect your game

Season starts next week, and conditionating will be supervisioned by a trainer.
Thanks men !

lilojmayo 08-20-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maga_1
Most of the guards in college are athletic and sized, i'm not that ..
I can barelly throw a dunk, i'm 1.80m and i'm white .. If you saw my video you know my skills.

I think you can go major D1 on scholarship here in the states. You would still have all your 4 years of eligibility even if your 21 at the time. I got offered, a d2 school a really good one, and your a way better pg than myself. You have insane court vision, that can't be taught. I gotta give another video update soon, anyway.. Even though your probably not a d1 athlete, your bball IQ will make for it

Maga_1 08-20-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilojmayo
I think you can go major D1 on scholarship here in the states. You would still have all your 4 years of eligibility even if your 21 at the time. I got offered, a d2 school a really good one, and your a way better pg than myself. You have insane court vision, that can't be taught. I gotta give another video update soon, anyway.. Even though your probably not a d1 athlete, your bball IQ will make for it.

The agent sent to me one site where i can try to get a scholarship, fullbright.com and i just have to send my information to get an atheletic scholarship.
I don't know how they recruit players from overseas, and stuff like that.

lilojmayo 08-20-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

The agent sent to me one site where i can try to get a scholarship, fullbright.com and i just have to send my information to get an atheletic scholarship.
I don't know how they recruit players from overseas, and stuff like that.

Not sure either, I guess your agent has to contact the basketball program and send tape or something. For me, the coaching staff knew me from my younger days when I played AAU and attending their camps. Then I recently worked out with the the team several times, and did my thing and the coaches like me enough to do so.

can you post the video of you playing again.

Maga_1 08-20-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilojmayo
Not sure either, I guess your agent has to contact the basketball program and send tape or something. For me, the coaching staff knew me from my younger days when I played AAU and attending their camps. Then I recently worked out with the the team several times, and did my thing and the coaches like me enough to do so.

can you post the video of you playing again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

There you go !

The agent told me to play this year here and try to make some good stats, he will do a lot of tapes to send to many schools.

lilojmayo 08-20-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1mCJECxUVw

There you go !

The agent told me to play this year here and try to make some good stats, he will do a lot of tapes to send to many schools.

Yeah there will be a school mid major D1 or higher that will take you on next year. That was made 2 years ago, and your taller and more athletic even though you say you can barely dunk. The feel of the game at pg is unteachable that is what the scout that watches your agents tapes will say.

I'll drop an update video soon myself it has been awhile.

Swaggin916 08-20-2010 02:52 AM

Yea I mean Steve Nash can't dunk... and sure he is a liability defensively (which you probably would be too in D1), but the way he runs the offense definitely offsets that. The fact that you are a willing passer, have great vision, and can knock down the 3 ball... that's stuff to salivate over. Sure coaches would love for you to be 6'3 with a 6'10 wingspan like LilOJ... but hey sometimes good things come in small packages :cheers: