Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   How well do you know the O-Lines in the NFL? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188493)

Riddler 08-26-2010 02:43 PM

How well do you know the O-Lines in the NFL?

Can somebody put together a list of the top 5 best offensive lines going into the 2010 season... and the 5 worst?

Who's got some knowledge?

-playmaker- 08-26-2010 04:57 PM

Re: How well do you know the O-Lines in the NFL?

I think I could do a decent job...

Dallas might be top 5, if Free is who he looks like he is...Gurode and Davis are both probowlers...

Vikes line fell apart last year, Steve Hutchinson in particular had major issues with run blocking, something he used to be the best at...they used to be considered top 5, not anymore I don't think...

Pats have a good o-line...Matt Light nad Mankins are awesome...

Jets have a good o-line, Faneca might be washed up that...that center they have is a beast though, Mangold

Giants have Snee and Ohara...

worst is pretty much just the worst teams...cept maybe the Browns

-Rams, Raiders, Chiefs, Lions, ect...

HisJoeness 08-26-2010 05:27 PM

The Browns have a pretty damn good O-line.

clipse026 08-26-2010 10:59 PM

New Orleans Saints and then any other 4 teams.

Drew Brees has been sacked less than pretty much every quarterback in the last 4-5 years while leading the most prolific offense in the NFL. It should be a no brainer. Also the running game was top 5 in the NFL last year so it's not just a one sided game.

Not sure if NFL Networks opinion really matters but they did a ranking of this last year and had the Saints at #1.

To actually answer the post though:

1. New Orleans
2. Baltimore
3. Miami (best run blocking unit in the league imo)
4. New England
5. NYJ

5 Worst are probably in no order :

Buffalo
Oakland
St. Louis
Kansas City
Detroit

Posterize246 08-26-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipse026
New Orleans Saints and then any other 4 teams.

Drew Brees has been sacked less than pretty much every quarterback in the last 4-5 years while leading the most prolific offense in the NFL. It should be a no brainer. Also the running game was top 5 in the NFL last year so it's not just a one sided game.

Not sure if NFL Networks opinion really matters but they did a ranking of this last year and had the Saints at #1.

Jahri Evans went to my high school :pimp:

clipse026 08-26-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
Jahri Evans went to my high school :pimp:

Nice! He's the best guard in the league imo. Hutchinson is getting old. He was such a steal for us, and it's amazing how he dominates considering the college he went to. I think Carl Nicks on the other side of the line is becoming a top guard as well. Those 2 should keep our o-line solid for a long time.