Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Golden State Warriors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Udoh? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188646)

mattevans11 08-27-2010 11:08 PM

Udoh?

what is a realistic expectation for him this year?

im hoping you guys have heard something that I ahve not cause i am thining about drafting him on fantasy.... i know there is a bit of a wiat till he sees the court but the end of the year is most important in fantasy.

predict his stats for the season.... thanks in advance guys

caliballer 08-28-2010 02:21 AM

Re: Udoh?

Isn't he supposed to miss like 6 months? I don't think he's going to do much this year even when he returns. He may put up some rebounds but I don't see him scoring the ball at all.

Warriors should have drafted Monroe.

mattevans11 08-28-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliballer
Isn't he supposed to miss like 6 months? I don't think he's going to do much this year even when he returns. He may put up some rebounds but I don't see him scoring the ball at all.

thanks.. i thought it was gonna be 6 months from the injury, but i will only use a late pick on him.

Brujesino 08-28-2010 07:30 PM

2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

Hope iam wrong but thats what i predict

mattevans11 08-29-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

wow that would be pathetic

caliballer 08-29-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11

If what you're looking for is fantasy advice I wouldn't suggest picking him up.

BayAreaSportz 08-30-2010 06:49 PM

After 3 years in college, Udoh hasn't really developed or improved his offensive skills. Last year, he wasn't even on the NBA radar. His lack of offense may work out for the Warriors though. He's a guy that isn't going to demand the ball while he rebounds and block shots which is exactly what this team needs. His lack of offense may make him a center in the league, much like Adonal Foyle or Ben Wallace and those aren't exactly bad things. Not great, but not bad in any way. This team has enough offensive-minded players with Lee, Curry, Ellis and Williams so Udoh does fill a need, but I still feel 6 was a reach in the draft. Being a rookie and injured, I don't expect him to see significant time on the court until towards the end of the season when they're out of the playoff picture. 4 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in about 18 minutes of play is what I foresee. In 2 years...12 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks will be his peak. I'd take that any time and twice on Sundays.

Brujesino 08-31-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11

I just dont see him getting any playing time if nelson is still there by the time he comes off his injury.

Nash-tastic 10-12-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliballer

Exactly

Brujesino 04-29-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
2ppg 5rpg 1bpg

Meh close enough

4.1 points 3.1 rebounds 1.5 blocks

LT Ice Cream 05-02-2011 04:15 AM

I guess he's alright as a defensive sixth man or something.

1manfastbreak 05-02-2011 07:38 PM

Udoh will be a good player in this league. he is better offensively than people give him credit for, and he is already a solid player on defense. hes a natural shot blocker with great timing. give him a couple of years and he will only get better. i like this pick

Beaver Love 05-04-2011 03:47 AM

I didn't think so at the time, but Udoh was a good pick. His defense will prove mighty valuable as a safety net for Steph and Monta, two guys the media like to rip on for defense. And I am optimistic that his post game will improve. The thing is, even if he's an average offense center, he'd still be a valuable piece for his defense and work ethic (he seemed to rally from that injury pretty quickly and made concerted efforts to diversify his post moves). We still need more defenders, especially on the perimeter, if we want to be serious about making the playoffs.

I don't know who will be a free agent this offseason, or when this lockout that seems inevitable would end, but I like the options we have in the draft if we end up around 11 or 12. Markieff Morris has the body to be a defensive presence, one we could use over David Lee when we need interior D, and we wouldn't really need him to develop offensively right away. Chris Singleton can be a lockdown defender, depending on how well his recovery goes.