Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Does Derek Anderson know at ESPN? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188973)

HisJoeness 08-31-2010 04:08 PM

Who Does Derek Anderson know at ESPN?

Because they sure as hell want him to be the starter in Arizona. They act like he's played that much better than Leinart.

NY-Knicks 08-31-2010 06:40 PM

Re: Who Does Derek Anderson know at ESPN?

Where is Fitz during the games, I watched small parts of the game saturday but didn't see him and didn't see him in any of the boxscores.

baseketball4life 08-31-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Where is Fitz during the games, I watched small parts of the game saturday but didn't see him and didn't see him in any of the boxscores.

sat out every game with MCL sprain, he's fine now but going to sit out last game as a precaution. Ready for week 1, they would both be a lot better with Fitz obviously, that's there best offensive player and one of the top 3 WR in the NFL for my money.

Posterize246 08-31-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Citing "several sources," FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that the Cardinals are actively trying to trade Matt Leinart.

The desired compensation is unclear, but Arizona has reportedly contacted multiple teams. They probably shouldn't hold out for more than a sixth-round pick with Leinart's trade stock at an all-time low. The 27-year-old's contract calls for a $2.5 million base salary in 2010, which will be prohibitive for most teams. Leinart will take time to learn another offense, and has not been open to settling for a backup job. Ultimately, he'll probably be released.

Jackass18 08-31-2010 08:53 PM

It's probably because Leinart sucks while Anderson has had a good season before.

RedBlackAttack 09-01-2010 12:04 AM

It might have something to do with the fact that Fitz absolutely hates playing with Leinart. From what I've heard, DA is the absolute, bar-none choice of Fitz and Larry is to the point where he doesn't even want to take the field with Leinart.

Cleveland sports radio keeps tabs on DA because we had such a long, strange trip with the guy... There was an Arizona beat reporter on a few weeks ago, well before a QB controversy even started or Leinart left Fitz out to dry over the middle and nearly ended his season.

The guy said that Fitz hates everything about Leinart's play... Right down to the kind of ball that he throws.... Says it is hard to catch and comes out of his hand funny.

Leinart's NFL career is on life-support.

Riddler 09-01-2010 09:37 AM

I also heard on the radio last night night (Dan Patrick) that they feel like Lienart is not good team leader.

He's just not gonna take command of the team.

baseketball4life 09-01-2010 11:51 AM

DA has been horrible but if I was AZ i'd start him over Leinart, and try to trade Leinart for anything/or cut him right away.

NY-Knicks 09-01-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baseketball4life
sat out every game with MCL sprain, he's fine now but going to sit out last game as a precaution. Ready for week 1, they would both be a lot better with Fitz obviously, that's there best offensive player and one of the top 3 WR in the NFL for my money.

Thanks for the update, repped.

ryantheporchkid 09-01-2010 07:07 PM

Whoever is making this call is a moron. It wasn't that long ago that he threw for 400 yards against the Vikings. How does somebody go into the preseason as the starter, essentially outplay the backup despite less opportunities, and still lose the job? It just shows why the Cardinals sans Warner will always be a joke. Derek Anderson just sucks.

baseketball4life 09-01-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Thanks for the update, repped.

np :cheers:

Jackass18 09-02-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryantheporchkid
Whoever is making this call is a moron. It wasn't that long ago that he threw for 400 yards against the Vikings.

Um, that was 4 years ago when the Vikes had the 2nd worst pass D in the league, and he only threw 1 TD and had 2 INTs in that game.

Quote:

It just shows why the Cardinals sans Warner will always be a joke.

Oh, so they should start a shitty QB just because he once threw for 400 yards in a game 4 years ago? Brilliant.

Quote:

Derek Anderson just sucks.

And Leinart doesn't?

RedBlackAttack 09-02-2010 12:59 AM

Q: How do you know a quarterback stinks?

A: His fans point to a game four years ago in which he threw 1 TD and 2 INTs as the reason that he should be given the job.

ryan,
Were you aware that, since that awesome display of quarterbacking, Derek Anderson has made a f#cking Pro Bowl? I'm not saying DA is the answer in Arizona, but he is better than that turd.

Leinart will be out of football within two years... Mark my words.

IcanzIIravor 09-02-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryantheporchkid
Whoever is making this call is a moron. It wasn't that long ago that he threw for 400 yards against the Vikings. How does somebody go into the preseason as the starter, essentially outplay the backup despite less opportunities, and still lose the job? It just shows why the Cardinals sans Warner will always be a joke. Derek Anderson just sucks.

Leinart's game is more suited to a team that runs a west coast style offense. Derek Anderson, while not a world beater, has a stronger arm and seems more willing to take a shot down the field, while Leinart is more apt to check down. My bet is, like others have said, Larry isn't keen on Leinart and thus he is about to get his shipping orders.