Rank the best draft prospects at each position
Type who you say are the top 5 players at each position expected to stay in the 2006 draft.
Don't include players you really don't know about. Just talk about the guys you have a firm knowledge of and have seen play a lot
1. Marcus Williams- Makes others better. Best skill to have
2. Randy Foye- Hopefully can become a point guard. Excellent scorer.
3. Mardy Collins- Excellent defender can play two positions. Crap shooter.
4. Sergio Rodriguez- Spectacular passer but t/o prone. A great or a bust
5. Kyle Lowry- Fantastic passer, should be a career starter if in the right situation. (Atlanta!)
1. Brandon Roy- What doesn't he do well?
2. JJ Redick- Ranked highly because his shooting skills are a great attribute. Should be one of the best shooters the league has ever seen.
3. James White- Light years ahead of other draftees in defense and passing. Supposedly his shot is looking good. Almost at Roy's level.
4. Rodney Carney- Is just athletic, needs more of an offensive game and defense to cut in on the next level. Too short to be a small forward and a poor ball handler for a guard.
5. Maurice Ager- From a good program and plays with great intensity. Good defender, excellent ball handler, dynamic scorer.
1. Adam Morrison- A go to guy. No one else in this draft has that title. This guy is a possible franchise player. I'm not sold on anyone else in this draft being that.
2. Rudy Gay- Athletic, extremly gifted, ready to improve, but lacklustre.
3. PJ Tucker- If he had Gay's skill set he would be the number 1 pick. To small for small forard and to slow to be a shooting guard. No jumper.
4. Shawne Williams- Another lacklustre player in the mold of Rudy Gay, a great great scorer though, is an average defender at best.
5. Louis Amundson- A hustle guy, and a tweener. Will get court time with hustle alone. A David lee type IMO.
1. Shelden Williams- The beast. Will dominate the boards in his rookie campaign. Coaches will struggle to keep him on the bench.
2. Andrea Bargani- Looks silky smooth and is committed to defense as well. Needs to add weight to his frame fro mas far as I can see. Does some good damage against very good competition.
3. Leon Powe- If his knees hold out should be a lottery player. So dominate, reminds me a lot of a young Charles Barkley. Will be an absolute steal for whatever team gets him.
4. Tyrus Thomas- Bust. Athletic bust. Hype driven up by the play of his great teammates. Shawn Marion produced in college, Thomas didn't.
5. Cedric Simmons- The equivalent of Tyrus Thomas but isn't a tweener. Should be a good reserve big for his career.
1. Lamarcus Aldridge- A solid big man who can score facing up and posting up. Athletic shot blocker, great at running the floor. Would suit Atlanta's style of play or Charlotte's.
2. Hilton Armstrong- An excellent shot blocker, with great timing. He will also need to bulk up, otherwise he is a career resrve.
3. Patrick O'Bryant- Project big man, with a huge wingspan. Only some one game but shows a nice hook shot, nice timing for blocks and has big mitts for catching passes. Should be a good player down the track.
4. Paul Davis- Relentless rebounder. He should have a similar career to Jeff Foster mixed with Chris Mihm.
5. Saer Sene- Project. Never seen him. But he has a huge wingspan and has to be better than Pittsnogle.
Ced, I can't take your rankings seriously without a mention of Ronnie Brewer. I assume you just F'd up and forgot him...right?
No I just don't rate a shooting guard without a jumpshot. He will never score at the next level. Stacey Augmon part 2, but with an uglier jumpshot. I dont know if he has Stacey's court vision or defense either.
I see him as a real bust. College star, pro bust.
You know he doesn't have a problem getting his shot off...right? Ugly shots can still go in, and his does. He shot 46.2% from the field in college, and 34% from 3. It's not incredible, but it's not grounds to bash a guy either.
Stacey Augmon couldn't play point guard either.
Why is there a lack of love for Redick, yet so much love for Morrison?
Are they not very similar players with Morrison being taller?
I can understand Morrison ahead of Redick, but can Morrison do so much more than Redick?
I seriously doubt Redick will be an all-star but I can seem him being a good player for a number of years. Rip Hamilton managed to do it.
I posted a lengthy rebuttal in the other thread in the main forum.
Ability to score on and over anybody, anywhere
Can finish at the rim
Versatility (far more offensive moves/fakes)
Vastly better FG%, and even 3PT% this last season
Doesn't rely as much on screens to get his shots off
I think I pretty much covered it all. Is that enough to answer your question?
In fact, now that I really think about it, there's not a single thing that J.J. was inarguably better at this past season except free throw shooting. The differences in assists, steals, and blocks are all pretty insignificant.
WTF? No they are not very similar players at all. Morrison stands in at 6-8, strong, slow, but he can get a good shot off against almost anybody at anytime. He can take you inside or out, and has a filthy mid range jumper. Reddick is 6-4, weak, slow, and gets his points from more talented players creating open shots for him. With that being said Reddick is one of the best shooters in the world. He will have moderate success at the next level with the lack of defense played in the NBA. He will never be a starter because he simply can't guard and NBA shooting guard. Period. He is too slow, too weak, and too unathletic.
Also the comparison to Rip Hamilton is just silly. Rip Hamilton might be the exact opposite of JJ Reddick. He is quick, an under rated defender, and an excellent mid-range shooter. He is a below average outside shooter. So lets recap Reddick plays no defense and shoots from deep, and Hamilton does about everything well except shoot from deep.
1 - Marcus Williams - Heady PG that knows how to run a team. Shot is a little suspect.
2 - Randy Foye - More of a combo guard knows how to score with ease. NBA ready body. Can he run the point.
3 - Rajon Rondo - Lightning quick and the best athele out of this group. Has qeustions about running the team. Concerns also about his shot selection.
4 - Jordan Farmar - True PG...good vision, great team player hoever not as atheltic and quick as you would like in your PG.
5 - Sergio Rodriguez - great ball handler and slasher. Only average shot but his stock has risen considerably through the workout process.
1- Brandon Roy - Most NBA ready person in the draft. Verstile can play 1-3 positions. Notgreat at one thing but good at all.
2-Rodney Carney - 4 year senior. Best Athlete in this draft. Sometimes floats on the perimeter too much.
3 - Ronnie Brewer - At 6'7" intriguing because he can also play SG or SF. Good defender but has an unorthedox shot.
4-JJ Reddick - All american can shoot the lights out. However not much more to his game. Has a lot of work to do before entering the NBA.
5 - Shannon Brown - Good athelete. Good team player. Amazing at finishing on the break. Lack of size will hurt his stock.
1- Adam Morrison - Clutch. Can score from anywhere on the floor any way. Has the desire to become an all star. Not a great athlete sub par on man defence.
2- Rudy Gay - Really athletixc wing with all the tools. Mostly resembling a young scttie Pippen. Hoever his lack of desire and fire might be his down bringing.
3-Bobby Jones - One of the best defensive stoppers in this draft. Ball handling and shooting are average. Bruce Bowen made it for this long why can't he?
4-Marcus Vinicius - Brazxilian player has to bulk up. Really quick and athletic but needs to keep his head focused on the game. Most resembling a Tayshaun Prince if he works hard at it.
5-Steve Novak - Lights out shooter from behind the arc. There is always a place on the bench for guys that can shoot. Not much else has to work on defence and ball handling.
1-Andrea Bargnani - is a silky smooth shooter in the mold of Nowitzki. Has great size at 7" and has a quick first step. Also plays above average defence. Needs experience and a little more bulk but one day could be an all star.
2-Tyrus Thomas - Has great hops and is a game changer in his own right.Offence is raw up to this point but will develop over time. Loves to hustle and grab boards. Lots of upside.
3-Shelden Williams - Tough no nonese type 4. Voracious on the boards and one of the best shot blockers in the NCAA. However shot is slow and mechanical and will have to work on this at the NBA level to be successful. Reminds me of Antonio Davis.
4-Hilton Armstrong - Tall Lanky Forward from UConn showed he can play with more consistency this year. Can run the floor and loves to gobble up boards. Also decent shot blocker/alterer. Needs some beef.
5-Kevin Pittsnoggle - Has a funny name. Finesse type four with a good jumper. Can run the floor and is a decent ball handler. Will have to work on his lateral quickness and defence.
1-LaMarcus Aldridge - has all the tools to be an All Star. Good face up game God back to the basket game. Avergaed 9 rpg and plays good help defence. Must bulk up more.
2-Patrick O'bryant - Project bigman. can run the floor exrtremely well. Has soft hands and finishes well around the basket. Needs a lot of conditioning and polish but will be good in time.
3-Cedric Simmons great body and athletic ability for the NBA level. Godd rebounder and Shot block but raw on offence. Will make a good starter or bench player for a team a little ways down the road.
4- Saer Sene - Has done well in work outs and is the mystery guy of this draft.Has Good athletic ability and size for the C position. Skills are still really raw and will take time to develop. Compare him to Sam Dalembert from watching highlights.
5-Josh Boone - Watched his stock stedily drop aftert this season's inconsistent performances. When he's on is a good rebounder shot blocker and finisher next to the rim. If he's off he's a waste of space must deliver beter consistency otherwise will be out of the league bfore he knos it.
3-Darius Washington Jr.
2-Mouhamed Saer Sene
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4