Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pre-Season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191697)

Xiao Yao You 09-30-2010 06:19 AM

Pre-Season

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/50...-jazz.html.csp

Quote:

Two seasons ago, his performance against the Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the playoffs led Jazz coach Jerry Sloan to hint that he made a mistake not playing Price over Knight for most of the season.

LOL!

Xiao Yao You 09-30-2010 06:48 AM

Re: Pre-Season

Quote:

Sundiata Gaines, Jeremy Evans, Ryan Thompson and Demetris Nichols have made the best first impressions for Sloan. Worth noting they're all on the bubble, with Thompson likely in the lead.

Jeffers?

Xiao Yao You 10-06-2010 02:43 AM

Boozer hurt again. Big surprise. So much for those lofty expectations in Chicago. Might be fighting to stay out of the lottery after giving away Hinrich and a first round pick for the pleasure of having Carlos and a slew of off guards.

Xiao Yao You 10-08-2010 06:06 AM

Looks like Jeffers, Gaines and Evans played well. Can't see their 3 PF's all starting once the season starts though.

Xiao Yao You 10-08-2010 06:07 AM

Matthews is looking like he's worth the money thus far too.

Xiao Yao You 10-08-2010 06:12 AM

Fessenko and Price sucked. Big surprise.

Xiao Yao You 10-09-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Later, he blocked the shot of Portland’s Armon Johnson and, unable to control himself, did a Dikembe Mutombo-type finger wag afterward. Watching Fes trying to impersonate the great Mutumbo certainly was entertaining. But Sloan was less than amused. “He was trying (to play hard). I don’t have a problem with him trying,” Sloan said. “He blocked a shot and got real cute and pointed at the player. From that point, he kind of took himself out of the game.

“Those things, you’ve got to learn to keep focused on playing. You don’t need to (taunt). Everybody in the building knew he blocked the shot. Those things, you’ve got to play through and not add fuel to the fire of the other team.” Fesenko was also on the floor during the fourth quarter as the Blazers again battled back from a double-digit deficit.

What a dumbass!

Xiao Yao You 10-09-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Fesenko also had his own open shot blocked — by the bottom of the rim — after he made a crowd-wowing spin move and drive. (The orange cylinder, by the way, did not wag its finger at Fes.)
"It was a great move, great move," Jazz point guard Deron Williams said. "The ending was, you know, a bit of a whammy."
Fesenko was almost left speechless by the near-highlight/funny lowlight.
"I don't know what to say," he said. "When I jumped, I didn't think about dunking it, but when I looked up I was like, 'Wow, I was so close to the rim. Let me try.' I tried, I failed, but it was a good move."

Worth every penny!

Xiao Yao You 10-12-2010 05:50 AM

Did Fesseko do any damage while Camby was in the game?

Xiao Yao You 10-12-2010 06:33 AM

Matthews continues his fine play.

UtahJazzFan88 10-13-2010 12:29 AM

The Jazz have looked fairly impressive in their 3 preseason games, I know it's just preseason, but they're about to go 3-0 against some decent teams. Al Jefferson has looked fairly good.

Xiao Yao You 10-13-2010 02:33 AM

I'm sure they'll score points. That's never been a problem. Can they stop anybody especially if they have to play big?

Xiao Yao You 10-14-2010 02:37 AM

And I wouldn't call the Suns a decent team after losing Amare. They look like the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the conference now.

Yung D-Will 10-14-2010 10:48 PM

Al Jefferson is raping the suns.

When he's not facing triple teams like on Minny it's like he can't be stopped.

And he's a beast on the offensive boards

Yung D-Will 10-14-2010 11:29 PM

24 points/6 rebounds/3 Assist in 25 minutes on 10/14 shooting