Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Anyone Watch The Game Tonight? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192621)

dd24 10-09-2010 01:59 AM

Anyone Watch The Game Tonight?

I didn't get to see it. It looked like a good team effort by Detroit on paper. I was curious what Kuester did with Daye. He got some PT tonight because other guys were out and did well with it. What position did he play the most at? It looks like probably mainly just PF since Summers and Prince both played quite a bit at SF and Stuckey and Gordon both played quite a bit at SG. By the way it looks like Summers put together a pretty nice game too. Maybe he's finally starting to come around.

dd24 10-09-2010 05:36 PM

Re: Anyone Watch The Game Tonight?

Well, I got to read some more today. It looks like the Pistons went small ball for a while with Bynum, Gordon, Stuckey, and Summers actually at PF (and he played well). It looks like Daye did most of his damage in the 4th and overtime and was the go to scorer. He mostly played PF yesterday.

It sounds like Detroit isn't sure what to do at PF. Charlie hasn't done much so far. Monroe is just a rookie but will get a chance. Daye, Maxiell, and Summers will get a chance there too.

I think Summers is a real wild card type player. He has the physical tools to be an all-star type talent (at SF). He always does well, but just needs a legit chance, which is tough with the depth of this team. He's one guy I'd really like to see get a shot. The more I look at things I'd just like to see all the young guys develop. We might have a few diamonds in the rough, and that's what could get us back to where we need to be. Joe D has done a good job of stock piling some talent. Now we need to show it all off.

ZMonkey11 10-12-2010 02:36 AM

I really don't think we should call it "depth". I think our overload at SG and PF positions should be called overcrowding.

What good are all these "diamonds in the rough" if they are all rough? Stockpile and trade when you can't take advantage of their talent when we don't have talent around them.

Let me know when Gordon and Villanueva are off the roster. :yawn:

dd24 10-12-2010 03:11 AM

Without a few diamonds in the rough this team is going to be really bad, so I think it is important that a few of them step up and hopefully get a chance. Daye looks like he's been taking advantage of the opportunity. I think Monroe is going to be solid. I haven't seen anything out of Charlie yet. The coaches all said how good he was and how much he trained this offseason and yet there's no production out of him, even with Jerebko out. Now I'm not going to freak out yet because it's just the preseason, but if he can't do well now I can't imagine he will in the regular season. He's got an opportunity to make this go one of two ways, really good or really bad. I'm begining to think it's going to be another season on the bench for him.

Also with T-Mac sitting out another game it's starting to look like the signing of him was for marketing purposes and to put some butts in the seats.... you know the casual fans who don't know much about basketball. Again with him, if he's not good enough and healthy enough to play now I just don't see it happening. That clears up some of the SG and PF log jam. I'm sure Joe D would pull the trigger on a deal, he just needs something decent. That will clear the rest of it up.

Nastradamus 10-12-2010 02:13 PM

PF is the key spot on this team. Charlie V has been working hard and is talented of course, but he has to put it together to some degree at least. Summers will get more opportunities with Jerebko out and hopefully he'll make the most of them. He's quite a talent. I think Monroe will start slow, but help more and more as the season continues. I'd still like to see us add another C.