Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Arenas fined for faking injury (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193088)

Knicksfever2010 10-13-2010 03:29 PM

Arenas fined for faking injury

ESPN reports:

Gilbert Arenas just can't seem to stay out of trouble.

Arenas was fined Wednesday for faking an injury to keep from playing in the Washington Wizards' home preseason opener.

Coach Flip Saunders said Wednesday that Arenas was fined an undisclosed amount by the team for claiming to have a sore knee before the Wizards' game against Atlanta on Tuesday night.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com the league office did consult Wednesday with the Wizards during their internal review of Arenas' comments.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5681425

What a professional athlete

Nets fan 93 10-13-2010 03:33 PM

Re: Arenas fined for faking injury

Why would he do that? Just makes his value worse. does he want to stay on a team with a player like Wall going to take his spot?

dbugz 10-13-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Why would he do that? Just makes his value worse. does he want to stay on a team with a player like Wall going to take his spot?

Because it's fckn Gilbert Arenas. The dude is capable of doing every fckn stupid moves on/off the court even the impossible one.

:banghead:

bballer 10-13-2010 03:46 PM

i'm done.

Mr Clutch Melo 10-13-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

I told [Young] I'd sacrifice playing tonight so he can get some time in because I know he's kind of frustrated ... I told him I'll go and fake an injury or say something's wrong with me so you can start

Not defending Arenas, but read before you jugde people

praneel 10-13-2010 04:11 PM

I like his intentions, but the way he went about it was stupid.

If you want Nick to see more time, go to Flip and tell him that, its preseason, Flip has always been a "players" coach. Why fake like you are hurt?

And then if you do fake an injury, don't come in the next day and say you did like its a big joke. keep your mouth shut and you would have kept some money in your pocket.

evilmonkey 10-13-2010 04:14 PM

Im with Praneel on this one..

I like his intentions, but it wasnt handled well....

dbugz 10-13-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo

If I were Young, I would be more frustrated because I was able to get a PT because a teammate of mine need to fake an injury so I would be able to play. :banghead:

Dude is just trying himself up to be a hero and trying to get some sympathy. Damage control. :banghead:

niko 10-13-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Dude, people know waht he did and why he did it. He is a jackass. If he thought they other guy needed to get more playing time he could have told the coach, not faked an injury.

thejumpa 10-13-2010 04:33 PM

Fining a player for faking an injury in a preaseason? That's beyond stupid if you ask me.

praneel 10-13-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejumpa
Fining a player for faking an injury in a preaseason? That's beyond stupid if you ask me.

I think they should have kept the fine quiet.

What he did was moronic, can't have a guy that makes 20mil sit out because he wants to (It doesn't matter he did it to get a teammate some burn), and then blame it on a knee that they know is jacked up. That probably scared the staff to death considering he barely played in 2 years.

If Washington tried to trade him and a team balked because of this made up story then yea, Washington would be pretty upset.

PowerGlove 10-13-2010 04:48 PM

This is still the preseason right? Okay.

boozehound 10-13-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

well, yeah, we read that. thats what makes him an idiot. I was surprised there wasnt a thread on this this morning.

Why the **** would he say that? Basically hes telling the team org they cant trust him because he has his own little agendas. Its one thing to do it, stupid enough. Its another thing to talk about. This dude is a grade a moron.

boozehound 10-13-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praneel
I think they should have kept the fine quiet.

What he did was moronic, can't have a guy that makes 20mil sit out because he wants to (It doesn't matter he did it to get a teammate some burn), and then blame it on a knee that they know is jacked up. That probably scared the staff to death considering he barely played in 2 years.

If Washington tried to trade him and a team balked because of this made up story then yea, Washington would be pretty upset.

why? after he told the media he faked an injury, he forced their hand. no way they can not fine him now. Frankly, they should suspend him as well. **** that shit

boozehound 10-13-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove
This is still the preseason right? Okay.

which means? Its ok to lie about being injured? You have a skewed apologist world view.