Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   official manga/anime thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193287)

Straw Hat 10-15-2010 12:02 PM

official manga/anime thread

If this place has a comic book thread, why can't it have a manga one! :cheers:

Straw Hat 10-15-2010 12:04 PM

Re: official manga/anime thread

Naruto 513:Kabuto vs. The Tsuchikage!

One Piece 600: The Island of Restarting

Bleach right now is on a two week hiatus

pukket 10-15-2010 12:22 PM

MOAAAR!!! Great thread idfea....

When I get home I'll post some too

reppy 10-15-2010 01:53 PM

I don't really care for much of the new anime out these days. It's all done digitally (wtf? no hand drawn?! how am I supposed to add to my cel collection?!) and it seems like it's made for 14-15 year old perverts with ADHD.

alwaysunny 10-15-2010 02:09 PM

For the most part I think animes are pretty lame, especially the ones OP posted. I do like some of the older ones like Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. Samurai Champloo is probably my favorite.

Captain Kirk 10-15-2010 02:10 PM

I'd recommend Shigurui: Death Frenzy to anyone that likes gore and ancient samurai type stuff. A pretty good anime. I haven't watched any anime in a while though.

Here is MyAnimeList profile if you want to see what I've watched: http://myanimelist.net/profile/2Die2

GatorKid117 10-15-2010 02:25 PM

I'm in the process of watching Naruto. Up to like 170 or something. Loved the beginning of the show but for the past 30-40 episodes it has seemed to stall a bit. I hear Shippuden is better so we shall see.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it but thats just my opinion. Probably finish up Kenshin after that.

Black Joker 10-15-2010 02:31 PM

One Piece is probably my favorite, but other than that, the only manga i really follow nowadays is Bakuman, made by the same creators of Death Note

Kungfro 10-15-2010 02:48 PM

Don't read a lot of manga, but there's a couple I'm following.
-Franken Fran
-Yotsuba&
-Mysterious Girlfriend X
-started reading punpun, but kinda lost interest

Downloaded Mirai Nikki a little while ago, gotta read that sometime. There are a couple of shows this season I'm finding enjoyable as well.

reppy 10-15-2010 02:48 PM

Anyone ever watch Goldenboy? It's an old anime. Insanely hilarious. Look up the clips on YouTube.

Kungfro 10-15-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reppy
Anyone ever watch Goldenboy? It's an old anime. Insanely hilarious. Look up the clips on YouTube.

I've been meaning to watch it for a while now. I hear the terrible dubs actually make it better.

reppy 10-15-2010 03:04 PM

Oh, I wouldn't know to be honest.. I'm strictly a subs guy when I watch anime on my free time. Which anymore, is extremely rare.

the 10-15-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kungfro
Don't read a lot of manga, but there's a couple I'm following.
-Franken Fran
-Yotsuba&
-Mysterious Girlfriend X
-started reading punpun, but kinda lost interest

Downloaded Mirai Nikki a little while ago, gotta read that sometime. There are a couple of shows this season I'm finding enjoyable as well.

man, franken fran is twisted.

the 10-15-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straw Hat
If this place has a comic book thread, why can't it have a manga one! :cheers:

:D!

the 10-15-2010 03:40 PM

dont watch all that much anime, but read quite a bit of manga.
i'd say some of my favorites are:
bleach
one piece
death note