Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Have You Ever Met A Girl Online? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194129)

JayGuevara 10-23-2010 03:26 PM

Have You Ever Met A Girl Online?

I never have. Something about it just always kinda struck me as a lil weird. I don't really know why, especially since a ****load of people do it these days and so many dating/whatever websites exist.

But, based upon the testimonials of a friend of mine, I made an account on plenty of fish to look around. Cuz according to him he found a couple solid and easy skanks on there, so I was curious. So the other day I'm on there just lookin around and start talkin to this girl that doesn't live too far. It turns out she went to high school with my cousin, and lives just a couple blocks away from em. She wants me to come hang out with her today. I haven't decided whether to go or not.

So I'm asking your experiences on the matter, if you have them, and if not, what would be your course of action?

This also transitions into a whole other question as well though. She has a kid. And sure I can deal with kids here and there, but generally speaking, it's almost always somethin with the girls that have em. Whether that relates to the father, or having to entertain a child instead of getting blown, it's not exactly a great scenario. This causes much more hesitation than the whole "internet" thing of course.

bballer 10-23-2010 03:27 PM

Re: Have You Ever Met A Girl Online?

pof=plenty of (bishes to) fook

v-unit 10-23-2010 03:29 PM

I met girls from there and don't think it's weird at all. They were mad cool, it was awkward/funny for the first 5 minutes but then its the same thing as just meeting up with someone you didn't see in a long time. You get to know what they're like at the moment and thats that.

Patrick Chewing 10-23-2010 03:43 PM

I wouldn't meet anyone from Plenty Of Fish. I mean if you're really serious about finding someone, eHarmony or Match.com is the way to go. There are several online coupons for eHarmony that can get you subscribed for pretty cheap.

Rose 10-23-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-unit
I met girls from there and don't think it's weird at all. They were mad cool, it was awkward/funny for the first 5 minutes but then its the same thing as just meeting up with someone you didn't see in a long time. You get to know what they're like at the moment and thats that.

Very well said. In my experience this covers it.

TennesseeFan 10-23-2010 03:45 PM

Yes. Its dumb unless you don't intend to meet each other in person.

Al Thornton 10-23-2010 03:51 PM

yea her name is latinaheat. :pimp:

the GIBBET 10-23-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I never have. Something about it just always kinda struck me as a lil weird. I don't really know why, especially since a ****load of people do it these days and so many dating/whatever websites exist.

But, based upon the testimonials of a friend of mine, I made an account on plenty of fish to look around. Cuz according to him he found a couple solid and easy skanks on there, so I was curious. So the other day I'm on there just lookin around and start talkin to this girl that doesn't live too far. It turns out she went to high school with my cousin, and lives just a couple blocks away from em. She wants me to come hang out with her today. I haven't decided whether to go or not.

So I'm asking your experiences on the matter, if you have them, and if not, what would be your course of action?

This also transitions into a whole other question as well though. She has a kid. And sure I can deal with kids here and there, but generally speaking, it's almost always somethin with the girls that have em. Whether that relates to the father, or having to entertain a child instead of getting blown, it's not exactly a great scenario. This causes much more hesitation than the whole "internet" thing of course.

post her pic or story is BS

pete's montreux 10-23-2010 03:53 PM

POF? A few, nothing serious, though I don't really use it hardcore as much as some people. Some kid at my work says he sends like 15-20 messages a week to women. I think I've sent a total of 15-20 in the year I've been a member.

mlh1981 10-23-2010 03:53 PM

My current g/f I've been dating for 2.5 years, I met on POF.

I had just moved at the time and didn't know a soul. It was really a last resort sorta thing, but it worked out.

NoGunzJustSkillz 10-23-2010 03:55 PM

haha gobb, tell us more about the 8 min dating..i always wondered about them things.

the GIBBET 10-23-2010 03:58 PM

Not so fast there, Gobb....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I've met females online through a messageboard. Was less me trying to look for love online moreso than chatting and it leading to hanging out then other things. Never a dating site tho. I got a friend who is on some bootycallonline.com (cant quite think of the exact name). But thats kinda different I guess. Every member on there knows the deal is to just bone with no strings attatched. So no need for games. And a female friend who is attractive and goal oriented did this 8 minute dating thing. http://8minutedating.com/ I couldnt do that. Thats a bit weird. But its 2010 and the amount of time people spend online I guess its not that big of a deal when hooking up or hooking up as a result of the internet.

The whole taking sexy photos, making yourself sound great in your bio isnt me. I guess with dating sites the dudes who take semi nude photos score. And maybe the dude with the extensive vocabulary where instead of saying its raining outside will say "Such a gloomy day as if mother nature has fallen into a depression. But I digress.". I dont know guess dating sites aint bad. That dude Howard5Dirk41 or whatever his username was slept with many woman off that site. And we broke his balls for how he looked. I'm just not into the whole process of setting up a profile and waiting for someone to contact me or sifting thru numerous female photos copying/pasting the same note hoping a fish catches the bait. I figure what the f*ck can you say that these females havent heard/read already. :confusedshrug:

:oldlol:

Kblaze8855 10-23-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

I've met females online through a messageboard. Was less me trying to look for love online moreso than chatting and it leading to hanging out then other things. Never a dating site tho. I got a friend who is on some bootycallonline.com (cant quite think of the exact name). But thats kinda different I guess. Every member on there knows the deal is to just bone with no strings attatched. So no need for games.

Exact same word for word.

And the site is onlinebootycall.com. Whenever my friend is here I find it in my browser history....

chrisxuk 10-23-2010 05:25 PM

I chat to a girl who lives in New Jersey, we met online.

Maga_1 10-23-2010 05:29 PM

Yea , a lot of people by facebook.