Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Mechanic/Carpenter/Electrician Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194232)

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-23-2010 11:14 PM

Official Mechanic/Carpenter/Electrician Thread

Boy oh boy, does it feel good to improve ya house.

Just got off from renovating an apartment.. and by golly it's been a delightful pleasure. The paint stains, the odors, the blood, the sweat, the beers, the deafening sounds of classic drill. It was worthwhileeee

So let's talk about any past projects you fellows have done. Any that are upcoming. Ways to spice up our dens, burrows, and shelters to affirm that we are truly, valuable folk, with valuable cribs. This extends to our vehicles as well.

hayden695 10-23-2010 11:18 PM

Re: Official Mechanic/Carpenter/Electrician Thread

Great thread J$!

I just got my camaro me and my buddies bought running with a few new perf parts. And I also picked up a 74 Dart Sport 360. It is a sick car, have some big plans for it.

Yah there is nothing like the feeling of seeing what you have done after days and days of work, and the finished project being the way you thought.

I actually got back a couple hours ago from doing some framing for some houses.

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-23-2010 11:20 PM

Why, young Hayden, I am delighted for your participation. You're just the fellow I'm looking for.

They say.. some folks.. lead lives.... without any purposes. But here you are, sacrificing a fine night out with your friends, refraining from b!tching about your life on FML, intent on fulfilling your destiny in constructing a vehicle or abode worthy of being inhabited by your fellow Alaskans. That. Is. Badass.

Give us the deets on the tools you be using! The planning involved in framing them houses. We are most eager to hear your youthful voice on your arduous, but rewarding journey!

ProfessorMurder 10-23-2010 11:20 PM

When I got my Atari 5200 it had no controllers. The controllers for that system are one of the most notoriously shitty, they break all the time, and because of that, they are pretty damn hard to find.

I picked 3 up on ebay for like 35 dollars, not knowing if they worked. Shocker, they didn't. So I opened them up and went to town on the circuit, cleaning contacts over and over for many hours. Now one totally works, and the other 2 work well enough to play with as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed my xbox360 for free with a dab of super glue, when Microsoft wanted $100 bucks to do it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll probably paint my room when I get back for winter break. Plus I really need to switch out seats and work on upholstery in my car.

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-23-2010 11:23 PM

That's hood. Why go to f*cking GameStop and waste a few bucks and hand over your precious gems to some greasy fellow, when you can do it at home?

I mean like for real. That's the self-sufficiency that is the pride of the U.S. AND A!

BTW, when did u guys learn that blowing into your Sega games cartridges was the key to starting those lugnuts up?

You must have really delicate fingers, ProfessorMurder. Say, I'm feeling a little... itchy down there. Why don't you vigorously describe how you would finger that girl in Zombieland if she's about to die, and all she wanted was a hand to give her maximum pleasure.

hayden695 10-23-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Why, young Hayden, I am delighted for your participation. You're just the fellow I'm looking for.

They say.. some folks.. lead lives.... without any purposes. But here you are, sacrificing a fine night out with your friends, refraining from b!tching about your life on FML, intent on fulfilling your destiny in constructing a vehicle or abode worthy of being inhabited by your fellow Alaskans. That. Is. Badass.

Give us the deets on the tools you be using! The planning involved in framing them houses. We are most eager to hear your youthful voice on your arduous, but rewarding journey!

Alaskans:oldlol:

The framing was done for Habitat for Humanity. I started going a while back because my aunt was getting one of there homes and a condition was her and any family/friends had to do 500 hours for them. She asked me and I did, I liked it alot, got to learn, and eventually I just started going on my own now and then.

I was doing framing in the basement today, so I got to use the cement nailers and shit, which is fun. They use .22 shells.

for the car I have had to use alot of different shit. I am in the middle of making a new engine hoist/frame type of deal. Just need to get a bit more steel for it and it should be good.

But I gotta split, I will check in on this thread tommorow.

pete's montreux 10-24-2010 08:04 AM

I welded a crack in my exhaust yesterday to pass inspection.

JtotheIzzo 10-24-2010 08:14 AM

I recently installed ass hoses in all my bathrooms next to the toilet. Cut toilet paper use by 75%, and increased the likelihood of a chick giving me a rimmer 500%!

EarlTheGoat 10-24-2010 10:10 AM

The Circle Jerk Krew telling secrets and stuff to each other. How cute.

:oldlol:

bagelred 10-24-2010 11:27 AM

Mechanic/Carpentry/Electrician Thread.....now this is a thread I can sink my teeth into......am I right?

Wait....wait, I'm Jewish......forgot for a second.....whistling walking away..........

JtotheIzzo 10-24-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
The Circle Jerk Krew telling secrets and stuff to each other. How cute.

:oldlol:

yep, people talking about shit on a messageboard. :roll: LULZ!!! LAWLZ!!! that is so f*cking lame!!!

on second though, to a useless spamming troll like yourself that behavior might actually be foreign.

nevermind.

Abd El-Krim 10-24-2010 11:32 AM

I went around a tightened the screws in all my doorknobs a few weeks ago. Very satisfied with the results.

EarlTheGoat 10-24-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
yep, people talking about shit on a messageboard. :roll: LULZ!!! LAWLZ!!! that is so f*cking lame!!!

on second though, to a useless spamming troll like yourself that behavior might actually be foreign.

nevermind.

Please, dont get mad you little *******.

:lol

JtotheIzzo 10-24-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
Please, dont get mad you little *******.

:lol

did I sound mad? I can assure you that is not the case.

question: can you link me to a useful post from your username anywhere in the OTC?

pete's montreux 10-24-2010 11:39 AM

damn j, you got a rebuttal in 6 minutes

these red-negged archetypes are serious, guns blazing