Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Jerryd Bayless traded to Hornets for 1st rounder (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194258)

blazerjimmy 10-24-2010 10:31 AM

Jerryd Bayless traded to Hornets for 1st rounder

Jerryd Bayless has been traded to the New Orleans Hornets for a future first round pick....top seven protected in 2011 and top 8 protected over the next three years.

I'm excited about this because that pick will be very valuable and because it will allow us to keep Patty Mills.

Best of luck to Jerryd as he will be backing up and playing alongside Chris Paul down in New Orleans and playing under a head coach who knows him well (former Blazer assistant Monty Williams).

Myth 10-24-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Bayless Traded

I'm mixed on this trade. I'm not sold on Armon or Patty to be nightly contributors for this season. The pick is a risk as well. Should be a lottery pick, but those don't always pan out anyway (heck, Bayless was a lottery pick himself). So in other words, we gae up some talent that can help us now for a 'chance' at a better player in the future.

courtsportsinc 10-25-2010 07:56 PM

Patty Mills can't touch Bayless. I'm surprised they traded him because of his work ethic and ability to make things happen. Andre's career is just about over and we need good backups. Watch out for Bayless as a Hornet - I guarantee he will only get better and his stats will go up in many catagories. The Blazers often trade excellent players who have excellent careers with other teams.

Maga_1 10-26-2010 03:02 AM

I'm the only one who really don't like Patty Mills? I'll give the 2nd spot for Johnson, all day long.

Myth 10-26-2010 11:24 AM

I like Patty, but not under McMillan. Patty needs to be able to be free in order to make things happen. I was very surprised he made the team.

BlazersDozen 10-26-2010 04:54 PM

Anybody think this trade happened just to make another trade? Package the 1st rounder with either Miller or Fernandez?..Or both?

Kumo 10-27-2010 01:38 AM

Armon played really well tonight, and is definitely more a pure point guard than Bayless.

Myth 10-27-2010 01:49 AM

Re: Jerryd Bayless traded to Hornets for 1st rounder

Armon certainly made me feel better about the trade today.

Maga_1 10-27-2010 05:39 AM

I'll say again, Armon will be the steal of this draft.

TheCord#20 10-29-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Armon certainly made me feel better about the trade today.

Agreed. He has looked solid. I think Rudy will play better too due to this trade. He doesn't like the pressure of "if i miss a shot i'll be pulled from the game" weighing down on him.

Maga_1 10-31-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCord#20
Agreed. He has looked solid. I think Rudy will play better too due to this trade. He doesn't like the pressure of "if i miss a shot i'll be pulled from the game" weighing down on him.

Yeaa , that's true. And we are 3-0 , yeeeeeeeeeeeees :D