Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194549)

Nets fan 93 10-26-2010 05:32 PM

Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 


Head Coach-Avery Johnson
Head Assistant- Sam Mitchell

Starters:
Devin Harris
Stephen Graham
Travis Outlaw
Derrick Favors
Brook Lopez

Bench:
Jordan Farmar
Ben Uzoh
Sasha Vujacic
Anthony Morrow
Damion James
Quinten Ross
Troy Murphy
Kris Humphries
Orien Greene
Johan Petro

Basically all Pre, During, and Post game discusion can go into this thread. 1 more day. Can you believe it?

MTing 10-27-2010 12:32 AM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Lets gooooo!:cheers:
Prove those doubters wrong!

Nets fan 93 10-27-2010 08:51 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Great rally at the end of the 3rd. Lets goo!!!

Nets fan 93 10-27-2010 09:14 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Another rally.

HAcking wallace while we are over the limit is a very smart idea. not only because he is airballing freethrows... but hopefully it will lead to detroit taking him out. he is causing a lot of problems with his GREAT D.

Tayshaun and Rip come in clutch for detroit.
:(

MTing 10-27-2010 09:26 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
DEVIN AND 1!
LETS GOOOOO 1 POINT GAME!
Dont let what happened last year happen again..

MTing 10-27-2010 09:26 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
AMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:banana:

Nets fan 93 10-27-2010 09:38 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MTing
AMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:banana:

Sooo nice of a pass from harris. off the floor. Thanks for joining me man!

Look at the post above I was all upset. 17-6 run after that post. wow!

MTing 10-27-2010 09:38 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Whew. Man was that a close one. Great come from behind win by the Nets, we just wouldnt go away and it paid off.

WE'RE 1-0 GUYS! WE'RE UNDEFEATED!:rockon:

MTing 10-27-2010 09:39 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Sooo nice of a pass from harris. off the floor. Thanks for joining me man!

Look at the post above I was all upset. 17-6 run after that post. wow!

Haha no problem bro. There wasnt a game thread in the NBA thread so I came here. There wouldnt be a point to making one anyway because I feel like it would just be us 2 talking :oldlol: .

Nets fan 93 10-27-2010 09:41 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MTing
Haha no problem bro. There wasnt a game thread in the NBA thread so I came here. There wouldnt be a point to making one anyway because I feel like it would just be us 2 talking :oldlol: .

yeah true.
1-0 though. feels great.

ZHAKIDD532 10-27-2010 10:35 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Great win. A lot of positives. As this team gets more familiar with each other they'll get better and better, they've got plenty of talent. I don't remember the last time we had this level of outside shooting.

BuffaloNetsFan 10-28-2010 05:07 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Lopez is such a beast, I love it.

tpols 10-28-2010 08:16 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
After watching the game yesterday, a few things came to my mind.

Lopez looked good on offense, but he just needs to make more of an effort rebounding and playing defense. He doesn't control the paint like top tier big men should yet. He also doesn't actively pursue rebounds on the defensive end. He just boxes out and if the ball comes to him it comes to him but he doesn't track it and actively try and get it like he will need to if he wants to elevate our team's defense.

Harris played great last night. His, farmar, and twill's penetrating abilities are essential to setting each other up and morrow and outlaw. Harris or twill I feel will step up and become the primary playmakers for this team.

Favors looked alright. He's athletic and big so he can rebound, but he doesn't bring much of anything else to the table.

In all, we just need to combine working brook out of the post with harris's and twill's penetrating ability to create shots for the team. Our outside shooting is looking great after this game.

Let's beat the kings tommorow!:cheers:

gigantes 10-28-2010 09:19 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
loved tpols' comments.

i remember that i once repped tpols down for some reason, but even the best teams need an honest assessment such as he is willing to give. probably why i've been repping him up ever since.

- regardless, i'm thrilled that lebrat lost his first game after selling out the cavs.

- and the nets won their first game of the season! when's the last time that happened?

- and #1 pick favors' atheticism and disciplined approach to the game still seem very promising for the nets.

i mean, after a couple years, the question "cousins, WHO?" might seem like a legit question.

- and my favorite player in the league, jason kidd, tossed 18 assists for the mavs in their first game.

so it doesn't get much better. and i'm loving the prokhy era so far... hail nets!

MTing 10-28-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Nets 2010-2011 Season Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols
After watching the game yesterday, a few things came to my mind.

Lopez looked good on offense, but he just needs to make more of an effort rebounding and playing defense. He doesn't control the paint like top tier big men should yet. He also doesn't actively pursue rebounds on the defensive end. He just boxes out and if the ball comes to him it comes to him but he doesn't track it and actively try and get it like he will need to if he wants to elevate our team's defense.

Harris played great last night. His, farmar, and twill's penetrating abilities are essential to setting each other up and morrow and outlaw. Harris or twill I feel will step up and become the primary playmakers for this team.

Favors looked alright. He's athletic and big so he can rebound, but he doesn't bring much of anything else to the table.

In all, we just need to combine working brook out of the post with harris's and twill's penetrating ability to create shots for the team. Our outside shooting is looking great after this game.

Let's beat the kings tommorow!:cheers:

Agreed on everything but the Favors part. He worked his ass off for those offensive boards and that I very much respect. I have a very good feeling about Derrick.

Damn I really want to go to the game tomorrow to check out the Prudential Center. I might be going.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy