Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   1st game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194796)

Nastradamus 10-28-2010 01:02 AM

1st game

Lost to the Nets. Kinda rough, though we didn't look awful necessarilly. Charlie V looked like our best 4 man. I say start him. Work Daye in off the bench, he's better suited. A change of pace at both F spots and even SG at times.

Overall, I'm not worried. It'll take 10 games or so to really assess this team. They are new to each other to some degree. We miss Jerebko. We were 7.9 points per game better with him on the floor last year and he brings a defensive energy that nobody else can on this team.

Stuckey 10-28-2010 01:08 AM

Re: 1st game

they gave the Nets too many open jumpers off laziness, not showing and chasing off picks

waiting to see greg monroe get some pt

boozehound 10-28-2010 10:36 AM

not worried, but a little disappointed, especially since they let a big margin slip over the last 2 mins. oh well, I am glad the season has started. I agree they should start cv with daye as the 3/4 off the bench.

Didnt get to watch it, but it looks like max had a solid game.

Nastradamus 10-29-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
not worried, but a little disappointed, especially since they let a big margin slip over the last 2 mins. oh well, I am glad the season has started. I agree they should start cv with daye as the 3/4 off the bench.

Didnt get to watch it, but it looks like max had a solid game.

yup, gotta keep Max in the rotation. His d and energy is helpful.

dd24 10-30-2010 04:57 PM

Well, we should be undefeated but things haven't quite worked out in our favor. It's early yet so I'm not too concerned, but hopefully the ball starts bouncing out way....

Charlie does look better than Daye right now. Daye just isn't playing with the same confidence he was in the preseason. I still think he's the most talented and the smoothest scorer at that spot. Hopefully Daye's shot starts dropping again.

Stuckey has stepped up thus far. If he continues he could potentially be an all-star. BG has played pretty good too. You can tell he kind of has a chip on his shoulder after last season.

Kombo 10-30-2010 10:46 PM

Gordon started out last year real hot as well. I think if he could get consistent minutes, and stays healthy, he could be a real assist to the team. Charlie V should be promoted soon, the difference in production speaks for itself. I'd really like to see Daye moved back to the bench, but then given about 15 minutes at the 3, and maybe 5 minutes at the 4.

Kombo 10-31-2010 12:53 AM

I didn't get to see the game tonight.. looks like we choked it away.

Nastradamus 11-02-2010 02:37 PM

The season has started out tough, but I hold out hope. We haven't looked terrible or anything, definitely not overmatched. Just couldn't win any of those games. OKC game hurt the most by far.