Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195252)

iamgine 10-31-2010 07:47 AM

Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.

2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.

3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.

4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.

5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.


Am I just an overly hopeful fan or is this what basically every Portland fan secretly believe/hope will happen?

Toizumi 10-31-2010 08:57 AM

Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
Big difference between believing and hoping.. :oldlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.


Definitely hope this will happen.. and it might somedy. Doesn't just depend on Oden though. Right now we have Camby in the middle now and as far as defensive bigs go, he's right there at the top (with Dwight). Better than Oden at this point and maybe better than Oden will eve become. It's up to the rest of the team to make this defense one of the best in the league.. Not just Oden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.


yeah that would be awesome.. but it's not happening. He's great defensively, but not near Pip's level. Scoringwise he has really improved (from what I've seen so far), but Pippen's level? Come on now...
Batum is one of my favorite players in the league right now and he definitely reminds me of Pip (minus the playmaking), but he's more of a Pippen-lite and :oldlol:


Quote:

3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.

Might happen.. But it'll take years and confidence. He needs to work on his defensive and needs to get more physical. Don't know if it'll ever happen.. He's more of a Cliff Robinson type of player..


Quote:

4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.

I want Camby on this team till he retires. lol. he's a great team players, solid on both ends of the court (especially on D of course). All our bigs are injury prone. We need him.

We have Miller and a bunch of picks to trade. I hope the FO doesn't fck up and swing a desperation deal for a mediocre player though

Quote:

5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.

Will definitely happen.

Myth 10-31-2010 05:07 PM

Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
I'm with Toizumi that there is a big difference between believe and hope. I hope the Blazers win the championship this year and every year, but I don't believe it will happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
1. Greg Oden is going to become a defensive monster with a very efficient offense to anchor the Blazers defense into #1 in the league.


I believe this has a good chance of happening and I certainly hope it happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
2. Nicolas Batum is going to be the next Scottie Pippen on defense and offense minus the playmaking and leadership.


I would like this to happen, but I don't believe it will and I'm not overly hopeful about it. Instead, I believe that Batum could be a more athletic Shane Battier that could be better off the dribble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
3. LaMarcus Aldridge is going to break out and finally becoming equivalent to Pau Gasol.


I don't believe this will happen. I hope Aldridge can get more aggressive down low on offense and defense, but I don't think he will ever be as good as Pau or play like him (he is just too perimeter oriented)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
4. Blazers will use Andre Miller and Marcus Camby's expiring contract to acquire another key addition.


I think it is more possible that it will be Miller and Przybilla, and it is more likely that only 1 gets traded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine
5. Brandon Roy is the leader for years to come and the Portland Trailblazers finally become a contender for years to come.


The first half of the statement already seems true, and the second part I think depends on the first point quoted.

iamgine 11-01-2010 07:21 AM

Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
Three more points to make:

1. LaMarcus Aldridge has disappointed me year after year. He has not been anything special. He's not even top 15 forwards IMO. I hope he proved me wrong this year.

2. I really hope they add another superstar from Miller/Camby's expiring contract. It might not necessarily be the best move but it sure would be exciting. Perhaps troubled stars like Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony. Yeah we all heard they might be taking shots away from Roy and the team might fall into disarray but heck, it'll be great to see how it all works out. It's always fascinating when you pile up talents and see how they work out.

3. Do you all think Nate McMillan need to be replaced? I'm on the fence with this. On one hand, I don't think he has the ability nor experience to coach a contender to a championship. On the other, I don't know who'll replace him that could do better.

Myth 11-01-2010 10:24 AM

Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamgine

3. Do you all think Nate McMillan need to be replaced? I'm on the fence with this. On one hand, I don't think he has the ability nor experience to coach a contender to a championship. On the other, I don't know who'll replace him that could do better.


I'm on the fence too. I think Nate is a great motivator, but a terrible X's and O's coach (which is why we can beat up bad teams and unmotivated playoff teams in the regular season, but can't do anything in the playoffs against motivated playoff teams). However, with a new crop of assistant coaches, the Blazers look way better in this department. There is way more off ball movement, which leads to more ball movement and easier baskets. So for now, I am content having Nate with his new support group, but I was totally ready for him to leave with how the team played the past 2 years in the playoffs.

Maga_1 11-01-2010 07:15 PM

Re: Is it just me or is this basically what every Portland fan believe/hope?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
I'm on the fence too. I think Nate is a great motivator, but a terrible X's and O's coach (which is why we can beat up bad teams and unmotivated playoff teams in the regular season, but can't do anything in the playoffs against motivated playoff teams). However, with a new crop of assistant coaches, the Blazers look way better in this department. There is way more off ball movement, which leads to more ball movement and easier baskets. So for now, I am content having Nate with his new support group, but I was totally ready for him to leave with how the team played the past 2 years in the playoffs.


this, for sure.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy