Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Suns don't extend Earl Clark's deal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195620)

insidehoops 11-03-2010 10:43 AM

Suns don't extend Earl Clark's deal

"We respect Earl," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said. "We like him. Just looking forward, it didn't seem like we could make that commitment to him now. We met with him (Monday). He understands our thought process." It doesn't mean we don't like him. It doesn't mean he doesn't have a future here. It certainly doesn't mean that he doesn't have a future in the NBA. He's going to be a terrific NBA player." Arizona Republic

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14EbcvX5F

DirtBag 11-03-2010 07:09 PM

Re: Suns don't extend Earl Clark's deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
"We respect Earl," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said. "We like him. Just looking forward, it didn't seem like we could make that commitment to him now. We met with him (Monday). He understands our thought process." It doesn't mean we don't like him. It doesn't mean he doesn't have a future here. It certainly doesn't mean that he doesn't have a future in the NBA. He's going to be a terrific NBA player." Arizona Republic

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14EbcvX5F

I read about this, this offseason and mentioned a bit of it in my offseason breakdown. The Suns are disappoint :facepalm in Clark. They really expected him to be further along than he is. Last year we heard reports that he would have played more because he was ready but didn't because Lou was such a good energy guy off the bench, I think now that may have just been b.s. coming from the Suns camp to try and buy more time with him. His summer league performance really did him in, I hope he can straighten this out and become the player that the suns thought of with such promise.

Sawbucks23 11-05-2010 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtBag
I read about this, this offseason and mentioned a bit of it in my offseason breakdown. The Suns are disappoint :facepalm in Clark. They really expected him to be further along than he is. Last year we heard reports that he would have played more because he was ready but didn't because Lou was such a good energy guy off the bench, I think now that may have just been b.s. coming from the Suns camp to try and buy more time with him. His summer league performance really did him in, I hope he can straighten this out and become the player that the suns thought of with such promise.

It appears that the Suns are trying to convince the rest of the NBA that Earl Clark has value in the league. More likely the Suns will end up letting this guy go because he didn't show much of improvment compared to last year. It's a shame because I was rooting for this guy to be a good solid player for the Suns. Maybe Gani will be ready next year.

DirtBag 11-05-2010 09:53 PM

Maybe, but somebody is ready now. Dragic is the future of this team, I might get flamed by the Suns fans that are Nash fans first but we may need to trade him and let dragic grow further. He has that second unit looking good. Suns should work out a 3 way deal and send him to a contender. We'd probably have to do a 3 team deal because on the contenders there isn't really anybody to get from them. Hate to want to trade Nash but I'm a Suns fan first, we gotta do what is right for the team and it may mean trading him.

Sawbucks23 11-06-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtBag
Maybe, but somebody is ready now. Dragic is the future of this team, I might get flamed by the Suns fans that are Nash fans first but we may need to trade him and let dragic grow further. He has that second unit looking good. Suns should work out a 3 way deal and send him to a contender. We'd probably have to do a 3 team deal because on the contenders there isn't really anybody to get from them. Hate to want to trade Nash but I'm a Suns fan first, we gotta do what is right for the team and it may mean trading him.

I totally agree with you man. I'm a Nash fan too, but we have to think about the future. I would love to see Nash play for a contending team while we try to get whatever we can for him. Like most Suns fan, I respect what he did for our team over the years but the Suns have to think about the future. I was hoping we can trade Clark but I'm guessing the Suns is dropping him by the end of the year since we can't get any value for him.

UtahJazzFan88 11-06-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
I totally agree with you man. I'm a Nash fan too, but we have to think about the future. I would love to see Nash play for a contending team while we try to get whatever we can for him. Like most Suns fan, I respect what he did for our team over the years but the Suns have to think about the future. I was hoping we can trade Clark but I'm guessing the Suns is dropping him by the end of the year since we can't get any value for him.

Maybe you could trade Nash + Draft Pick to Atlanta for Mike Bibby + Josh Smith? Just have Bibby come off the bench.

Sawbucks23 11-06-2010 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Maybe you could trade Nash + Draft Pick to Atlanta for Mike Bibby + Josh Smith? Just have Bibby come off the bench.

I love that idea but not so sure if Atlanta would be okay with that trade.