Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rockets still winless, lose to Spurs, Aaron Brooks hurt (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196201)

insidehoops 11-07-2010 02:44 AM

Rockets still winless, lose to Spurs, Aaron Brooks hurt

Winless Rockets lose Brooks, fall to Spurs in OT -- The AP reports: Houston lost starters Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin to left ankle sprains, then missed three 3-pointers in the frantic final seconds to let the Spurs escape with a 124-121 overtime victory Saturday night. Tony Parker had 21 points and 14 assists for the Spurs, including seven points in overtime. Richard Jefferson added 22 points and was 4 of 5 from behind the 3-point line... Shane Battier, who scored 14 points, stayed optimistic after another loss... Tim Duncan shook off a miserable first half and finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds for San Antonio.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/daily.shtml#ixzz14a38ihjh

mateoboz 11-08-2010 01:30 PM

Re: Rockets still winless, lose to Spurs, Aaron Brooks hurt

They're saying Brooks is going to miss 4-6 weeks. That's quite a blow. I still feel optimistic for the season though. We have a pretty good team. I honestly feel that we have championship caliber role players. We just need a championship caliber superstar...

Haryer 03-07-2011 10:28 PM

Rockets still winless lose to Spurs Aaron Brooks hurt

Keep Aaron Brooks man, he is a good pg who is still developing and Houston will need him if they want to be succesful.

Q.E.C 03-08-2011 01:25 PM

Re: Rockets still winless lose to Spurs Aaron Brooks hurt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haryer
Keep Aaron Brooks man, he is a good pg who is still developing and Houston will need him if they want to be succesful.

Ummm, someone is a little late.

Ariza4three 03-09-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q.E.C
Ummm, someone is a little late.

LOL.

I'm liking Chase Budinger so far, he can score in a variety of ways. I'd like to see Goran Dragic attack the basket a little more instead of settling for 3 pt shots.

Q.E.C 03-10-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariza4three
LOL.

I'm liking Chase Budinger so far, he can score in a variety of ways. I'd like to see Goran Dragic attack the basket a little more instead of settling for 3 pt shots.

Yea man this team looks solid. I think we can make the playoffs if we keep it together. I heard Memphis has a tough schedule ahead and I'm confident we can pass Phoenix. Chase can score in many ways, and I think after this season, in the offseason, he should work on creating his own shot more. He's about the only player who can do it the best right now. C. Lee and Lowry can, but Chase can do it the best I think. We need to bring in Olajuwon so he can work with Thabeet this offseason, and not only with him, but with Patterson aswell. Patterson plays extremely well off the ball, but when he tries to create his own shot he's not very good at it. Maybe Hakeem can show him so good post moves. As for Dragic, I agree with you. He needs to drive more because he's good at it, and can get to the lane and he finishes strong.

HandedJack 03-15-2011 03:10 PM

Rockets still winless lose to Spurs Aaron Brooks hurt

No reason to think that they will. Theres what, 6 productive players on this team? Brooks sucks and theres no reason to think hell get better. Martin is injury prone and if he can make it through the whole season, that would be a nice surprise.

This isnt the deep team the Rockets are used to ahving.

Ariza4three 03-15-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandedJack
No reason to think that they will. Theres what, 6 productive players on this team? Brooks sucks and theres no reason to think hell get better. Martin is injury prone and if he can make it through the whole season, that would be a nice surprise.

This isnt the deep team the Rockets are used to ahving.

Yeah I don't think Houston will make the playoffs. Memphis is too far ahead and they have momentum going their way. Besides, I think Memphis is the better team and could give San Antonio more problems. Brooks was traded to the Phoenix Suns right before the trade line, for Goran Dragic. I don't think Martin is injury prone.