Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   AllNet lazyish cast-Minnesota Timberwolves @ L.A Lakers game Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196445)

All Net 11-09-2010 06:31 AM

AllNet lazyish cast-Minnesota Timberwolves @ L.A Lakers game Thread

@

Wolves starting 5

PG- Luke Ridnour
SG- Wesley Johnson
SF- Michael Beasley
PF- Kevin Love
C-Darko millcic

Lakers starting 5

PG-Derek Fisher
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Ron Artest
PF- Lamar Odom
C- pau gasol

Los Angeles looks to stay unbeaten and record its 12th consecutive victory over Minnesota on Tuesday night at the Staples Center.

Behind Pau Gasol’s(notes) fourth career triple-double, the Lakers recorded their most lopsided victory of the season, 121-96 over Portland on Sunday night. Lamar Odom(notes) had 21 points to lead seven Los Angeles players in double figures.

One of the NBA’s two remaining unbeatens along with New Orleans, Los Angeles (7-0) has not opened with eight straight wins since starting a franchise-best 11-0 in 1997-98. The Lakers also started 8-0 in 1987-88, en route to the NBA championship.

Minnesota has lost its last 11 games against Los Angeles, allowing an average of 109.5 points in those matchups. Bryant scored 50 on March 18, 2007, to begin the current win streak over the Timberwolves, and has averaged 27.8 while playing all but one game during the run.

Gasol is averaging 21.7 points and 12 rebounds in the last six matchups with Minnesota.

The Lakers have won eight in a row at home against the Timberwolves and 34 of 40 all-time meetings in Los Angeles.

Kevin Love(notes), who leads Minnesota with 16.9 points and 11.7 rebounds per game, has averaged 11.9 points on 39 percent shooting in seven career games against the Lakers.

Full Preview

Kobe8 11-09-2010 12:38 PM

Re: AllNet lazyish cast-Minnesota Timberwolves @ L.A Lakers game Thread

lol , its unfair that you only include the lakers 1st Five , but w/e screw th minny! and

GO LAKERS!

btw , coo cast - all net!

Repped!

DKLaker 11-09-2010 12:42 PM

This game is not a test.....but then again it is...lol.
This is the type of obvious blowout game that in prior seasons the Lakers would just play down to the level of the competition and make it closer than it should be before pulling out a win. Let's see if this team has a killer instinct in the regular season that was lacking before.

BTW....if Rambis stayed he'd have another ring......lol.

Kobe8 11-09-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
This game is not a test.....but then again it is...lol.
This is the type of obvious blowout game that in prior seasons the Lakers would just play down to the level of the competition and make it closer than it should be before pulling out a win. Let's see if this team has a killer instinct in the regular season that was lacking before.

BTW....if Rambis stayed he'd have another ring......lol.

question , Who took his spot? Like ,... wasnt rambis the head of assistant coach or sumthin? or was there ever a head assistant...

Lakerlove420 11-09-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe8
question , Who took his spot? Like ,... wasnt rambis the head of assistant coach or sumthin? or was there ever a head assistant...

I've seen Shaw pretty active lately..but I wouldn't say he ranks above
Jim Cleamons or Frank Hamblen. These guys go WAY back with Phil and have always been a huge part.

So..I'm not really sure who actually "took his spot"

DKLaker 11-09-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
I've seen Shaw pretty active lately..but I wouldn't say he ranks above
Jim Cleamons or Frank Hamblen. These guys go WAY back with Phil and have always been a huge part.

So..I'm not really sure who actually "took his spot"

Shaw did take Rambis's rank on the coaching staff, he is next in line to coach the Lakers. Shaw is the guy who fills in as head coach if Phil is unable......this has nothing to do with seniority, this is about ability.
Cleamons and Hamblen are not capable head coaches.....i'll leave it at that.

Lakerlove420 11-09-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Shaw did take Rambis's rank on the coaching staff, he is next in line to coach the Lakers. Shaw is the guy who fills in as head coach if Phil is unable......this has nothing to do with seniority, this is about ability.
Cleamons and Hamblen are not capable head coaches.....i'll leave it at that.

Oh ok DK. I hear you.
I kinda detect a little anger or annoyance in your response.
What's wrong? No love for Jim & Frank??

Let me know if I'm the one tripping :cheers:

DKLaker 11-09-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
Oh ok DK. I hear you.
I kinda detect a little anger or annoyance in your response.
What's wrong? No love for Jim & Frank??

Let me know if I'm the one tripping :cheers:

Bro.....no anger, nothing but love for my Laker brothers and coaches.
I'm just stating the facts, I would go into more detail about Jim and Frank the good they do as well as the bad........but I don't want to attract haters...lol.
We saw Hamblen as head coach and Jim had his shot too. (Dallas)
Just know that there is a REASON that both Rambis and Shaw ranked higher.

Lakerlove420 11-09-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Bro.....no anger, nothing but love for my Laker brothers and coaches.
I'm just stating the facts, I would go into more detail about Jim and Frank the good they do as well as the bad........but I don't want to attract haters...lol.
We saw Hamblen as head coach and Jim had his shot too. (Dallas)
Just know that there is a REASON that both Rambis and Shaw ranked higher.

for sure. I agree.
Truth be told I personally couldn't tell you much about either Jim or Frank. Just the basics..and in my head it just seems like they've been around for a minute plus holding their positions on the best team in the world and keeping their jobs under one of the greatest most successful coach of all time then they must be doing something right. Maybe they're just yes men and they stay out of the way and that's why Phil likes them. :confusedshrug:

(kidding about that last part but hey who knows.)

SourGrapes 11-09-2010 06:35 PM

hamblen took over when tomjanovich was ousted if i remember correctly... terrible situation but he didn't strike me as either capable of or interested in head coaching

anyway, let's go lake show!

Bobcat4Ever 11-09-2010 11:38 PM

Kobe is playing lights out. And wow @ the jumper and draw the foul at the end of the 1st half.

bladefd 11-10-2010 01:08 AM

Not a bad win and not a good win either, but I will take it. I gotta say that I was very impressed by Kevin Love's game.

I admit that this is too early to matter much, but the wins keep piling up. Best part is that there are a lot of team assists coming in from everyone; that proves that we have pretty smooth teamwork without the rock getting stuck in Kobe's hands for very extensive periods. :rockon:

DKLaker 11-10-2010 01:10 AM

Yep......same old Lakers....just as I thought. Which is why we'll win a ring but not 70 regular season games.
Thankfully Vegas was offering 18.5 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana: $$$$ :D

Late in the afternoon I suspected the Lakers wouldn't want to get Kurt fired...so a half assed effort was needed......actually looked like 1/4 assed and stunk like sh!t....lol.

All Net 11-10-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe8
lol , its unfair that you only include the lakers 1st Five , but w/e screw th minny! and

GO LAKERS!

btw , coo cast - all net!

Repped!

In fairness I tried to find some pics from yahoo but wouldn't work and couldn't be bothered to look around :lol

DKLaker 11-10-2010 12:38 PM

Not hating on the guy, but watching Luke last night was just awful, clearly he needs time to get back in game shape.....In Major League Baseball they send guys....(Even star players) to the minor leagues for a few games just to help get them ready. It's probably against the CBA but I would've rather seen Luke's bricks and turnovers in the DLeague.
Seemed to me that Phil was desperate for the guy to score some points :confusedshrug: