Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Worthle Hayward (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197482)

DeronMillsap 11-16-2010 07:41 AM

Worthless Hayward

Edit...I'm wrong.

UtahJazzFan88 11-16-2010 06:19 PM

Re: Worthle Hayward

Hayward's been a bit disappointing so far.

DeronMillsap 11-16-2010 07:06 PM

lol...i posted late last night and forgot two "s" :oldlol:

Redick was pretty bad his first couple of seasons then he turned his game up. Maybe Gordon can do the same but I hope it'll be sooner than later.

Xiao Yao You 11-17-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

I'm not even looking at his stats. In 11 games so far, he's contributed absolutely nothing to the team. No offense, no defense and not even hustle plays and he can't shoot either....not a damn thing he's done for the team.

Statistically his pts, rbds and blocks look ok especially since he hasn't shot well yet.

Quote:

Utah wasted their 1st-round pick with this scrub.

I love it! He's barely 3 weeks into his career and he's already a scrub and wasted pick!Where's the love? LOL!

Problem is expecting a 20 year old to step right in and be a big part of a playoff contender especially in the west and in an offense that is supposed to take a long time to get. Ideally he and Evans would both be in the D-League but that would mean carrying 15 players and spending more money. It's looking like Matthews was worth the money he got too.

I'm willing to be patient but obviously I'm the only one that has stuck by CJ all these years as he's continued to make great strides each and every year.

Quote:

Fesenko, at least he's tall. he also likes attacking the basket and hustles a lot.

Haywood is tall for a guard or even a SF in Utah. Nobody was talking about Fessenko hustling or attacking the basket when he was 20. I've yet to see it personally. Haywood has to be >>>>>>>>>>>>Fessenko. Rather he'll live up to where he was picked remains to be seen but considering he has a lot of maturing to do yet physically I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

Quote:

I'm gonna give Gordon a nickname, and it'll gonna be Worthless.
Worthless Hayward. Because he's worthless. It's quite catchy.

As long as you don't say anything bad about Jerry, O'Conner, Fessenko, Price, Okur, etc.

Quote:

Redick was pretty bad his first couple of seasons then he turned his game up. Maybe Gordon can do the same but I hope it'll be sooner than later.

Didn't Redick play 4 years of college at the top school too? Big difference and Orlando was patient with him all the while he was complaining about not playing.

Xiao Yao You 12-30-2010 05:49 PM

He's a player. Figured he would be. I don't know if he'll ever be great at any one thing or live up to his draft position but the kid can do a lot of things well. He just needs to grow physically and get experience. I sure don't see any of the other guys that everyone thought the Jazz should've drafted tearing it up either. Aldrich down to the D-League and playing behind Mullens.

jazz873 12-30-2010 06:04 PM

:cheers: :cheers:

DeronMillsap 01-02-2011 02:10 AM

LOL...I failed on the thread title and now Hayward is proving that I'm an idiot.

Three-straight games in double figures. He's been solid recently.
It looks like he's comfortable playing now and not nervous anymore.

UtahJazzFan88 01-02-2011 06:29 AM

Hayward has definitely turned the corner in the absence of AK-47 and CJ Miles. Would have done good in Portland if it wasn't for the foul trouble he was in. I was at the game tonight in the lower bowl, and he definitely played well tonight, moved around the floor a lot and played pretty good defense.

When AK and CJ get healthy, what will happen? The question will be if Gordon will be back to the 3rd SF spot (which I doubt), or is he going to play SG with Ronnie Price's minutes probably going to be diminished?

Xiao Yao You 01-03-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Hayward is proving that I'm an idiot

You didn't him to do it for ya.