Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Is dealing my Collison for Kaman giving away too much? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198628)

benJAMin 11-24-2010 02:42 PM

Is dealing my Collison for Kaman giving away too much?

I need fg% and blocks going forward, and the two pieces I'd most like to move are Harrington and Collison. I've tried both Harrington and Frye for Kaman straight up to no avail. My thought is that Collison will eventually play at a level that he can land me a solid big on his own, and given the way Griffin has played, it seems that Kaman is struggling when they're both on the court.
Is dealing Collison to get Kaman too much of a loss for me? Do I need to sit tight and let my blocks grow now that I added Darko?

10 team Roto, standard 8 cats, no TOs
CP
Monta
Deron
Gallo
Love
Harrington
Nene
Darko
Collison
MoWill
--------
Batum
Tyson Chandler
Caron
Frye

sportin_life 11-24-2010 02:58 PM

Re: Is dealing my Collison for Kaman giving away too much?

I wouldn't do it. Collison still has a lot of upside. Kaman scares me this year with the way he started off, his injuries, and I would stay away from him. I think Kaman will end up with fewer touches and fewer boards next to Griffin and an emerging Gordon through the course of the year (I see 14/7 from him and a block a game, assuming he stays healthy).

Can you package a 2 for 1 trade instead and grab someone off waivers? Humphries has looked pretty good in the starting role. Or even do a one for one for Caron (who looks horrible this year) or Frye? What about Ibaka? Brook Lopez is also a buy-low right now.

ProfessorMurder 11-24-2010 03:48 PM

Dude why couldn't you be in my league?! I tried to dump Kaman for freaking Delfino and was laughed at. I'd get rid of him for any slightly above average player.

benJAMin 11-24-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Dude why couldn't you be in my league?! I tried to dump Kaman for freaking Delfino and was laughed at. I'd get rid of him for any slightly above average player.

Just the way my league is falling out right now, can't seem to land bigs for a relative price so I might have to overpay. I'm basically a 9 or 10 in every cat except fg% and blocks, where I'm a 1 in both. If I can add just a few points in both of those cats I'll be in really good shape.
And my guess is that the Delfino owner would be happy to make that deal now.

ProfessorMurder 11-24-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
Just the way my league is falling out right now, can't seem to land bigs for a relative price so I might have to overpay. I'm basically a 9 or 10 in every cat except fg% and blocks, where I'm a 1 in both. If I can add just a few points in both of those cats I'll be in really good shape.
And my guess is that the Delfino owner would be happy to make that deal now.

Yeah I hear you.

Lucky for me, he then waived Delfino. I'm going to pick him up in a day or two since he could be back in a week.

benJAMin 11-28-2010 12:49 PM

Managed to trade Tyson Chandler's recent hot play for Ibaka. Pretty happy with the deal in terms of upside, hopefully it can pay off down the road once Robin Lopez comes back, as I'm using Frye in my lineup until then. Team is now:

CP, Monta, Deron
Gallo, Love, Batum
Nene, Darko
MoWill, Frye
-------
Ibaka, Collison, Harrington, Amir

I may just plug Ibaka in if Batum isnt playing well, or can use Amir if needed in case Ibaka stays cold. I've got guard help with Collison in case someone gets hurt, and hopefully Harrington can be huge if/when Melo is dealt from Denver. Darko is helping me shore up blocks, and fg% is slowing rising as well. Need to keep an eye on rebounds and scoring but they're in pretty good shape overall for now. Last challenge is to stay healthy...

crazybob60 12-02-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
Managed to trade Tyson Chandler's recent hot play for Ibaka. Pretty happy with the deal in terms of upside, hopefully it can pay off down the road once Robin Lopez comes back, as I'm using Frye in my lineup until then. Team is now:

CP, Monta, Deron
Gallo, Love, Batum
Nene, Darko
MoWill, Frye
-------
Ibaka, Collison, Harrington, Amir

I may just plug Ibaka in if Batum isnt playing well, or can use Amir if needed in case Ibaka stays cold. I've got guard help with Collison in case someone gets hurt, and hopefully Harrington can be huge if/when Melo is dealt from Denver. Darko is helping me shore up blocks, and fg% is slowing rising as well. Need to keep an eye on rebounds and scoring but they're in pretty good shape overall for now. Last challenge is to stay healthy...

I think that that Chandler deal was much better for you than the original deal you were trying to make.