Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Don't look now but we're 7-6, a 5 seed, and 1st in the central (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198685)

InspiredLebowski 11-24-2010 10:53 PM

Don't look now but we're 7-6, a 5 seed, and 1st in the central

Hey jbot!

Don't look now but we're 7-6, a 5 seed, and 1st in the central. Sure, the standings in the East are nuts right now and I think our ceiling (barring trades) is .500 and a 7 seed, but holy shit, good press, random people that know I'm a fan asking me out of the blue about the team, the entire team playing D (we're top 10 in efficiency), Danny becoming an actual all around player, Roy making me want to buy a poster. Just a good feeling right now.

jbot 11-25-2010 08:35 AM

Re: So I know it's dead around here...

yep, we're finally on the upside right now (for now).

SEEBASS1234 11-25-2010 01:34 PM

very dead...but hey Pacers are playing great!

What's the whole situation with Lance? How's that going?

jbot 11-30-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
very dead...but hey Pacers are playing great!

What's the whole situation with Lance? How's that going?

haven't heard anything. kid just sits in his street clothes and watches from the bench.

InspiredLebowski 12-01-2010 05:31 PM

Yeah, not much word on Lance. Just the occasional shot of him on the bench in his pimp suit and diamond studs. His court date got pushed back to February 25th, and it'll probably get pushed back again to the offseason then.

All the quotes have been that until he learns how to play defense he'll keep showing off his suits.

InspiredLebowski 12-30-2010 02:50 AM

Re: Don't look now but we're 7-6, a 5 seed, and 1st in the central

Well that didn't take long to fade. O'Brien's completely lost the team in my opinion. I honestly can't see a way he's here for over another month if this keeps up.

InspiredLebowski 01-02-2011 08:50 PM

The Knicks game was enough. I'm not watching another game until JOB's gone, I'm dead serious. Personnel wise I'm a pretty big fan of what Bird's done, but if he won't fire O'Brien, fire Bird too. Dan Burke should be the interim head coach yesterday.

I hope someone's in Bird's ear that he's losing diehards now, the people that have been sitting in the seats his entire tenure here. Enough with the blind loyalty Larry, do your damn job.

InspiredLebowski 01-04-2011 10:52 PM

AJ Price's contract became fully guaranteed for the rest of the year tonight, not that cutting him ever seemed realistic.

Now just to get him on the floor.

SEEBASS1234 01-05-2011 03:17 PM

agreed

lilbeastnani 01-09-2011 07:56 PM

Don't look now, but you're 14/20 and way behind Chicago for first in the Central, but inexplicably still in that 7th spot.