Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ACC/Big Ten Challenge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199222)

IlliniFan 11-29-2010 04:26 AM

ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Anyone care to make predictions on how this year's challenge will shake out? Here is how I see it going down:

Monday, November 29
Virginia at Minnesota - 6pm CT on ESPN2 - At Minny, they are playing very well right now and Virginia is nothing special. Gophers run away with it.

Tuesday, November 30
Iowa at Wake Forest – 6 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Toss up. Both these teams are so bad, I'm honestly just picking Wake because they're at home.

Georgia Tech at Northwestern – 6 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Neither team is anything special, but Northwestern is slightly better and they're playing at home.

Ohio State at Florida State - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - OSU playing very well, should be able to pull out this victory on the road.

Michigan at Clemson – 8 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Michigan has pulled a few upsets, but I don't see them winning at Clemson.

North Carolina at Illinois - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - UNC has been struggling and the hall should be rocking.

Wednesday, December 1
Indiana at Boston College - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Indiana has steadily improved, and though they will probably finish in the bottom half of the big ten, they should have enough to beat a bad BC squad.

NC State at Wisconsin - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - They've been struggling, but they protect home court as well as any team in the country.

Purdue at Virginia Tech - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - Purdue isn't the same without Hummel. Will be close, but the Hokies will find a way late.

Maryland at Penn State - 8:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Decent Maryland team should find a way to win against bottom tier Big Ten team, though PSU always has a shot with Talor Battle.

Michigan State at Duke - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - I feel like MSU usually do better as underdogs, but I don't think they will be able to pull the upset in Cameron.

That makes it 6-5 for the Big Ten, winning for the second year in a row. Lots of tough ones to pick, this contest could go down a lot of different ways.

nolebball 11-29-2010 12:25 PM

Re: ACC/Big Ten Challenge

I have to work Tuesday night, so I won't be able to see OSU beat us up in person. :(

ILLsmak 11-29-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Anyone care to make predictions on how this year's challenge will shake out? Here is how I see it going down:

Monday, November 29
Virginia at Minnesota - 6pm CT on ESPN2 - At Minny, they are playing very well right now and Virginia is nothing special. Gophers run away with it.

Tuesday, November 30
Iowa at Wake Forest 6 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Toss up. Both these teams are so bad, I'm honestly just picking Wake because they're at home.

Georgia Tech at Northwestern 6 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Neither team is anything special, but Northwestern is slightly better and they're playing at home.

Ohio State at Florida State - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - OSU playing very well, should be able to pull out this victory on the road.

Michigan at Clemson 8 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Michigan has pulled a few upsets, but I don't see them winning at Clemson.

North Carolina at Illinois - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - UNC has been struggling and the hall should be rocking.

Wednesday, December 1
Indiana at Boston College - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPNU - Indiana has steadily improved, and though they will probably finish in the bottom half of the big ten, they should have enough to beat a bad BC squad.

NC State at Wisconsin - 6:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - They've been struggling, but they protect home court as well as any team in the country.

Purdue at Virginia Tech - 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - Purdue isn't the same without Hummel. Will be close, but the Hokies will find a way late.

Maryland at Penn State - 8:15 p.m. CT on ESPN2 - Decent Maryland team should find a way to win against bottom tier Big Ten team, though PSU always has a shot with Talor Battle.

Michigan State at Duke - 8:30 p.m. CT on ESPN - I feel like MSU usually do better as underdogs, but I don't think they will be able to pull the upset in Cameron.

That makes it 6-5 for the Big Ten, winning for the second year in a row. Lots of tough ones to pick, this contest could go down a lot of different ways.

****ing Duke. I think Michigan State could beat them, but probably not @ Duke. We know all about that home cooking. But then again I dunno. I think MSU has the bodies to beat Duke it's just if they let them play D or not.

-Smak

KG215 11-29-2010 03:32 PM

Please take it easy on UNC Tuesday night.

And since Harrison Barnes is still struggling, I'll go ahead and warn everyone not to be surprised by a poor outing from him. It's starting to look more and more like some recruiting services and "experts" missed badly on this kid. I'm hoping it's just a funk, but outside of one game he's looked more clumsy and awkward than anything.

UNCNY 11-29-2010 06:07 PM

Virginia at Minnesota -Minnesota wins easily 73-60

Iowa at Wake Forest Iowa sucks but Wake is worse 67-62

Georgia Tech at Northwestern Northwestern wins 75-72

Ohio State at Florida State - OSU takes it 86-72

Michigan at Clemson Clemson wins 60-53

North Carolina at Illinois-Illinois smashes us 82-67
-
Indiana at Boston College - Ill take BC 67-65

NC State at Wisconsin - Wisconsin wins a very good game 68-64

Purdue at Virginia Tech - VT wins 80-65

Maryland at Penn State - Maryland wins 78-65

Michigan State at Duke - Dook wins 90-77

6-5 Big Ten

TheGame414 11-29-2010 07:31 PM

Barnes is such a thoughtful, self-aware dude that I honestly think he's just pressing right now. Once he relaxes, he'll be fine.

IlliniFan 11-29-2010 11:00 PM

Well, Minnesota just lost the game I felt most confident picking. Can't lose at home to an average at best UVA team..

TheGame414 11-30-2010 03:53 AM

They were down two starters, but they probably still should've won.

HisJoeness 11-30-2010 09:20 PM

Sullinger owning the glass right now.

ukfan22 11-30-2010 10:11 PM

Wake and Ga Tech are just awful, on par with the bottom of the SEC.

Maize'N'Blue 11-30-2010 11:10 PM

Michigan doin' work!

ILLsmak 12-01-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Sullinger owning the glass right now.

I love that guy. How he gets some of those rebounds amazes me. He is such a space eater and he'll just suck in a rebound that is totally out of his area.

The bigs of FSU were pretty good, too. Man they blocked like 10 shots of OSU in a row.

I also think the PG on OSU is great. OSU is my number 1 team in the nation atm... scary good.

-Smak

TennesseeFan 12-01-2010 01:08 PM

Michigan State will beat Duke.

ILLsmak 12-01-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeFan

Dude I hope so. It comes down to fouls, though. If they call all of those touch fouls and negate MSU's ability to play tough D then it will be an easy win for Duke.

2 fouls on a big man in the beginning, same script watch.

-Smak

noob cake 12-01-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennesseeFan

Vegas ~-10 line right now
Pomeroy -13 line
Duke 80 straight OOC win at Cameron
Duke smashing KSU by 14 on neutral court. Was up 19 with 50 seconds left.
Did I mention Cameron Indoor Stadium?