Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why can't LBJ and DWade learn from Ginobili? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199487)

Haymaker 12-01-2010 01:48 AM

Why can't LBJ and DWade learn from Ginobili?

Look a Manu's numbers and how he can effectively play off the ball and execute smart offense with it. I know it helps to have a true PG and a HOF center. But Miami should move the ball around better and take advantage of having two or three offensive threats on the same court. They do have good shooters, FFS.

TrueRob 12-01-2010 01:49 AM

Re: Why can't LBJ and DWade learn from Ginobili?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker
Look a Manu's numbers and how he can effectively play off the ball and execute smart offense with it. I know it helps to have a true PG and a HOF center. But Miami should move the ball around better and take advantage of having two or three offensive threats on the same court. They do have good shooters, FFS.

Neither Wade nor LeBron can shoot like Manu. :lol

Gabuyaux 12-01-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueRob

My thoughts exactly.

artificial 12-01-2010 02:08 AM

Not an easy task when you've been an on-ball player all your life, and all of a sudden you need to play off the ball.

Wade and James are great players, no doubt they can do it. But excel at it? Will definitely take more than a season, and really there have been very few players that went to great on-ball player to great off-ball player.

Dave3 12-01-2010 02:10 AM

That's like asking why can't they shoot like Ray. They lack certain skills Manu has that allow him to thrive in his type of role. Simple as that.

airchibundo507 12-01-2010 02:26 AM

Uh.. the Spurs have a great offense, great chemistry, great shooters and vast experience within their system.

taucesays 12-01-2010 03:25 AM

Because you can not untrain a lifetime of habits and retrain your brain by thinking real hard about it for a week.

Yung D-Will 12-01-2010 04:31 AM

Because Spo isn't Greg Pop.

Scal 12-01-2010 05:44 AM

Like a lot of people have mentioned, old habits die hard.

LeBron and Wade would have been ball dominate their entire lives in organised ball, through high school/college, and into their pro careers. Whereas Manu, I imagine, would have probably come through in a more Euro, ball-movement type of game which encourages you to move off the ball and into open spots on the floor, rather than having a guy go 1-on-1 that a lot of American players tend to favor.

I said at the start of this whole Miami experiment that Wade would probably have to improve as a spot-up shooter (as I saw LeBron being handed the primary ball-handling duties). And so far LeBron has been more consistent and when Wade has struggled the Heat tend to lose (Wade is really the barometer for the Heat).

Niquesports 12-01-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scal
Like a lot of people have mentioned, old habits die hard.

LeBron and Wade would have been ball dominate their entire lives in organised ball, through high school/college, and into their pro careers. Whereas Manu, I imagine, would have probably come through in a more Euro, ball-movement type of game which encourages you to move off the ball and into open spots on the floor, rather than having a guy go 1-on-1 that a lot of American players tend to favor.

I said at the start of this whole Miami experiment that Wade would probably have to improve as a spot-up shooter (as I saw LeBron being handed the primary ball-handling duties). And so far LeBron has been more consistent and when Wade has struggled the Heat tend to lose (Wade is really the barometer for the Heat).

I must first admit i have only seen 3 Heat gm. All blow outs ,but what I have seen is players standing around watching.This team doesnt have a floor leader. Wade and Bron are both trying not to do too much so that they include each other. But many times when its clicking they look unstopable. I dont understand when people say they cant play together. They did just fine in the Olympics with even more star players. I dont want to put all the blame on Spo but if the players aren't working together its the system not the players when you have that much talent.

fos 12-01-2010 08:07 AM

I use to really hate Manu Ginobili... I use to call him Jewnobili because of his big nose and trickery (especially his flopping). But ever since he swatted that bat I've grown to not want him to die in a car crash. He's really been amazing so far this season... IMO he's been the clear best SG this season.

OhNoTimNoSho 12-01-2010 08:58 AM

Because learning from a lesser player would hurt their ego.

tontoz 12-01-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Because learning from a lesser player would hurt their ego.

I seriously question whether Lebron can learn from anyone.

nbacardDOTnet 12-01-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueRob

this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Because Spo isn't Greg Pop.

Because lbj is not TD.
(TD has never bumped Pop)