Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   "Yogi Bear" as a movie? I mean, really? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200025)

Real Men Wear Green 12-05-2010 07:01 PM

"Yogi Bear" as a movie? I mean, really?

Hollywood seems to get less creative by the day. Some retreads are cool (the first Transformers movie, Star Trek, a few others), some are tolerable (A-Team) and some shit is inexcusable, as in Alvin and the Chipmunks and this new Yogi Bear movie. There's just some crap that is supposed to fail.

Who is going to watch this movie? What's the audience? Yeah, this cartoon had a little bit of popularity on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network when I was a kid myself, and may have had more with the generation before my own. Not sure how long Yogi Bear was around. And I don't care. Fairly certain that they aren't going for the Yogi Berra jokes anymore, no one that would actually remember Berra would watch this movie. I didn't like it much as a child myself, and I don't see kids watching Yogi currently. Which brings the next question:

Who's idea was it to make this movie? In 3D, no less? Some Hollywood Exec out there is dumber than the average bear...

L.Kizzle 12-05-2010 07:11 PM

Re: "Yogi Bear" as a movie? I mean, really?

"Hey boo boo"

pete's montreux 12-05-2010 07:17 PM

I love Dan Akroyd, but his Yogi Bear is repulsive.

xv6brandon 12-05-2010 08:06 PM

hmm i wonder what remake theyll be making next. ohh maybe another spiderman 2

craigthomasb 12-05-2010 08:27 PM

think of the merchandising!!!! you can add $2 to popcorn just by serving it in a pic-a-nic basket

Myth 12-05-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Who is going to watch this movie? What's the audience?

The audience is definitely kids. I'm guessing that the hope is that some parents are aware enough of the Yogi Bear to decide to take their kids to this movie rather than the kids movie that the parent has no idea what it is about. Though, the problem is that Yogi Bear is old enough that most people with young kids are still too young to really have watched the cartoon.

rezznor 12-05-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xv6brandon
hmm i wonder what remake theyll be making next. ohh maybe another spiderman 2

Smurfs is next. True story

Real Men Wear Green 12-05-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezznor
Smurfs is next. True story

Commie propaganda. It'll never fly. Besides, it will mean that it's no longer cool when I log on to chat sites and video games as "Gargamel."

PowerGlove 12-05-2010 09:18 PM

I saw the poster at the movie theatre and thought it would be good and then I saw the preview and :facepalm . This shit is horrible.

jbot 12-06-2010 12:28 AM

the recent boom in 3D is stupid. it's been around since like the '50s or '60s. i remember watching old ass b&w monster movies in 3D as a kid.

Toizumi 12-06-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
the recent boom in 3D is stupid. it's been around since like the '50s or '60s. i remember watching old ass b&w monster movies in 3D as a kid.

In red and Green though right? :oldlol:

But yeah 3D sucks. Not like we don't see depth in 'regular' films :confusedshrug: I hate those glasses and the fact that 3D movies are more expensive than regular ones. Some people (not inlcuding me) get headaches from those 3D movies and the techniques they use in movies aren't even that great. You feel like your watching a 'normal' (not 3D) movie, but you can't take off the glasses cuz it's all blurry without them :banghead:

Nobler 12-06-2010 07:22 AM

Worst part my girlfriend wants to go see it :facepalm

oh the horror 12-06-2010 07:22 AM

Watch, they'll come out with a Heathcliff movie soon enough.

The commercials for this Yogi movie look god awful too....I remember watching it and thinking "so when is the scene with the cliche dance sequence gonna hit?"

And a few moments later, Yogi was dancing around. These movies.....Yogi, Alvin, Garfield, Marmaduke are ALL cut literally from the same EXACT cloth. Literally these movies are all similar in their delivery. I cannot BELIEVE we swallow this shit here in America.

This is now....imagine how utterly STUPID movies, and their audiences are going to be in 20 years? Christ almighty.

Go Getter 12-06-2010 08:26 AM

This movie is for kids and Yogi Bear enthusiasts.

Why do people analyze kid's movies so closely?

We all know they are going to rehash old gags and have sappy, moronic scenes.

but again, it's for KIDS like my son who only want to have some yuks.

Kids don't want to see INCEPTION type thrillers they want slapstick humor, fart jokes, and simple to understand plot lines.

Real Men Wear Green 12-06-2010 08:38 AM

Take your kid to see Mastermind or Harry Potter. There are well thought out kids movies out there. Yogi Bear is a bunch of 7 minute skits involving a bear with a tie stealing food.