Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Just traded Noah, Bogut, and Roy for Horford, Green, and Collison. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200135)

bdreason 12-06-2010 02:59 PM

Just traded Noah, Bogut, and Roy for Horford, Green, and Collison.

Once again, I gave up alot... but I'm tanking Blocks and semi-tanking Rebounds at this point, so take that into consideration. I also wanted Roy off my team, because he's now more of a 18/3/3 player who is going to miss games and maybe even shut it down.

Trade was made to improve FT%, FG%, 3's, Assists, and Steals.

lilbeastnani 12-06-2010 03:23 PM

Re: Just traded Noah, Bogut, and Roy for Horford, Green, and Collison.

You MUST be tanking blocks and boards to do a trade like this.

dkmwise 12-06-2010 03:49 PM

Well I guess the positive for you is Roy is hurt and Bogut seems to always be hurt, so I guess if nothing else you are adding more reliable players

lolbear 12-06-2010 04:52 PM

went too far with the "selling high" imo

benJAMin 12-07-2010 12:06 PM

As long as Collison wasnt badly hurt last night (I havent seen an update yet), I really like the trade for you. Horford is better than Noah, and there's no way Bogut and Roy finish out the season with their severe and painful injuries, especially now that both teams have poor records. Those two are ticking time bombs, and Green and Collison remain great buy lows. Add in the fact that you filled cats you needed, and I really like the deal for you. It might not pan out for another month or two, but long-term you got the better side of the deal no doubt IMO.

Zan Tabak 12-07-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benJAMin
As long as Collison wasnt badly hurt last night (I havent seen an update yet), I really like the trade for you. Horford is better than Noah, and there's no way Bogut and Roy finish out the season with their severe and painful injuries, especially now that both teams have poor records. Those two are ticking time bombs, and Green and Collison remain great buy lows. Add in the fact that you filled cats you needed, and I really like the deal for you. It might not pan out for another month or two, but long-term you got the better side of the deal no doubt IMO.

As usual Ben beats me to it! lol

Long term, this trade will benefit you most. In a month or two the trade could turn out to be Noah for Horford, Green and Collison...

bdreason 12-15-2010 11:40 PM

Update:

Noah out for 2 months.

Roy playing like half the player he was.

Bogut still beasting, but also still killing FT%.

Horford is beasting on high %'s.

Green is beasting on high %'s.

Collison is still up and down... but at this point I'll take his upside over Roy's downside.

fantashih_person 12-16-2010 12:23 AM

lucky for you. can that still get vetoed?

benJAMin 12-16-2010 12:07 PM

It appears all three players you dealt were ticking time bombs. Congrats on your steal

dkmwise 12-16-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

It appears all three players you dealt were ticking time bombs. Congrats on your steal

No doubt, that trade happened just in time.

You should now try playing the lottery

RemySan16 12-18-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Once again, I gave up alot... but I'm tanking Blocks and semi-tanking Rebounds at this point, so take that into consideration. I also wanted Roy off my team, because he's now more of a 18/3/3 player who is going to miss games and maybe even shut it down.

Trade was made to improve FT%, FG%, 3's, Assists, and Steals.

Collison will BARELY improve your assists. I like the move to get rid of often-injured players like Bogut and Roy though.

Stuckey 12-31-2010 06:38 PM

good trade bro

D.Z.W. 12-31-2010 08:05 PM

Dude this should be vetoed :roll:

Seriously, if I was commish of the league, I'd honestly check if that guy was tanking or not, thats how bad the trade is (for the recipient) :facepalm

1 guy is out for another two months
1 guy is perpetually injured and has said he won't be 100% for the whole season
and the last guy's career might already be (unfortunately) finished

benJAMin 01-01-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
Dude this should be vetoed :roll:

Seriously, if I was commish of the league, I'd honestly check if that guy was tanking or not, thats how bad the trade is (for the recipient) :facepalm

1 guy is out for another two months
1 guy is perpetually injured and has said he won't be 100% for the whole season
and the last guy's career might already be (unfortunately) finished

The trade is almost a month old now, so yes hindsight makes this look like an unfair deal

D.Z.W. 01-01-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

The trade is almost a month old now, so yes hindsight makes this look like an unfair deal

damn, didnt notice it was a necropost :banghead: