Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   James White - A fit in Portland. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2003)

AKADS 06-20-2006 04:26 AM

James White - A fit in Portland.

How would he fit with Martel Webster already there. Those 2 on the break would definately get the Blazers on ESPN sport center a few times a night.

I would love for the Cavs to pick him. Great D and athletic as hell.

Unregistered 06-20-2006 03:19 PM

cavs should def draft white with their 1st round pick because he wont slip into the 2nd round. hes the total package and shut down Carney when cinci played memphis. white will probably replace hughes in a few years at the 2 with hughes coming off the bench in stackhouse-type role

SecondFiddle 06-20-2006 09:21 PM

White is not a first round pick, he is the second coming of Roddick Rhodes, how long did he last?

Wicked_1 06-21-2006 05:01 PM

james white would be another D-Miles on the blazer squad. long athletic but no jump shot and shaky handles. There better off getting someone like Bobby Jones from UW who is a great defensive stopper, who can bring back the intensity of Ruben Patterson in my opinion.

i still think James White should have stayed in school for atleast another year.

Him 06-22-2006 08:05 AM

James White can shoot, its just hard to see past his athleticism

chains5000 06-22-2006 08:27 AM

The blazers are gonna do whatever it takes to get Morrison

dwillreg 06-22-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
The blazers are gonna do whatever it takes to get Morrison

I honestly think that Morrison will be left at 4 cause the Rapters, Bulls, and now with MJ apparently the Bobcats don't want him either. Morrison is a perfect fit and could start at 3 day one over Darius Miles please.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 04:22 PM

I don't know much about James White. It seems to me like he was an underacheiver in college.

Black Joker 06-23-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked_1
james white would be another D-Miles on the blazer squad. long athletic but no jump shot and shaky handles. There better off getting someone like Bobby Jones from UW who is a great defensive stopper, who can bring back the intensity of Ruben Patterson in my opinion.

i still think James White should have stayed in school for atleast another year.

um. james white is a senior...

Black Joker 06-23-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
I don't know much about James White. It seems to me like he was an underacheiver in college.

he was just used wrong in cincy, they had him playin basically every position from point to like power forward.

disco 06-23-2006 12:18 PM

I think he is one of the players that are much better suited for nba game than college game. Not saying he'll be an all star, but I wouln't be surprised if he will end up being a solid nba player, playing 25-30 minutes a game, and averaging around 10-12 ppg.

dwillreg 06-23-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Joker
he was just used wrong in cincy, they had him playin basically every position from point to like power forward.

So you think had he gone to a college with a good coach like Duke or something he would have been a lottery pick?

trenttucker 06-23-2006 04:00 PM

Fiddle

Rod Rhodes is a really bad comparison... Rod had marginal skills and was pretty limited athletically... James obviously has athleticism combined with his committment to D will earn his keep in the league for awhile

det2orl 06-23-2006 04:08 PM

I'm really hoping the Magic can get him with their 2nd rounder. The guy is an absolute freak and would make one helluva stopper and finisher in the league as long as he knows he role until he works on his short comings (handle, J)

Black Joker 06-23-2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
So you think had he gone to a college with a good coach like Duke or something he would have been a lottery pick?

possibly, but dealin with hypotheticals are always difficult,but like others have said, his game is much more suited to the NBA game.