Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Perry Saturn Alive. sad story, video (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200925)

goldenryan 12-13-2010 02:01 PM

Perry Saturn Alive. sad story, video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChsn8__kRI

any fans of wcw and ecw back in the 90's should remember him.

Saturn says he was shot twice in Atlanta.
Was addicted to Meth.
Was homeless for 2 years, got clean, had apartment, then fell back into drugs and was homeless for another 6 months.

JohnnySic 12-13-2010 02:08 PM

Re: Perry Saturn Alive. sad story, video

Seems to be another wrestler who couldn't handle the rigors of the lifestyle.

Perry Saturn was good - never really got a break in WCW or WWE, which in unfortunate because he was good enough to be a midcard attraction at least. I liked him in Raven's Flock in WCW; that whole stable was intriguing yet so underutilized it was criminal.

kaiteng 12-13-2010 02:10 PM

I found his picture with his new family posting on a wrestling news website somewhere a while ago.

He certainly changes quite a lot.

Captain Kirk 12-13-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Perry Saturn was good - never really got a break in WCW or WWE, which in unfortunate because he was good enough to be a midcard attraction at least. I liked him in Raven's Flock in WCW; that whole stable was intriguing yet so underutilized it was criminal.

Yeah The Flock is probably the greatest faction to never be pushed. All their popularity came despite them being underutilized. Good times though.

Nice to see Saturn is alive though. He was an amazing wrestler in the ring. It's funny how so many guys whose career begin pre-2K have 10x the talent of any of the "over" stars today, but since they were in their prime at a time when promotions didn't need to be desperate about pushing any regular joe, they were simply midcarders or worst. So many guys that if today was their prime wrestling just may not be as boring as it is now.

SinJackal 12-13-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic

I like Raven's flock quite a bit too. Their group's gimmick probably wouldn't fly now (jokes), but would still be better than some of the crap they've been pushing lately in pro wrestling, like Nexus.

ihatetimthomas 12-13-2010 03:52 PM

Wrestling is a dirty biz, and they dont take care of their employees. There needs to be some kind og retirement/pension plan for guys who wrestle X amount of years.

JohnnySic 12-13-2010 03:55 PM

I was a bit surprised when I found out that pro wrestlers dont get health insurance. But I guess it makes sense; the promotions would take a huge hit if they did.

jbot 12-13-2010 04:04 PM

wow, he looks like crap but at least he's clean now.

Patrick Chewing 12-13-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Wrestling is a dirty biz, and they dont take care of their employees. There needs to be some kind og retirement/pension plan for guys who wrestle X amount of years.

This is why the WWE needs to take a break. Go back to taping shows like they used to. I mean if these salaries they pay the superstars are true, I don't see how they can't afford to pay them a pension once they leave the business.

ihatetimthomas 12-13-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
This is why the WWE needs to take a break. Go back to taping shows like they used to. I mean if these salaries they pay the superstars are true, I don't see how they can't afford to pay them a pension once they leave the business.

I do not know the specifics, but McMahon has always seemed like he only cares about the $$ makers, and will toss you away once you are done. I bet giving guys cash after they retire is last on his list. He has been great for developing wrestling into what it was a few years ago, but he is just horrible for the wrestlers themselves.

Real Men Wear Green 12-13-2010 09:25 PM

Why do people tattoo the face? You don't do that. I've never met or even seen someone with a face tat that wasn't crazy.

L.Kizzle 12-13-2010 10:10 PM

I remember my homeboy put me in the rings of Saturn once ... PAINFUL! I might have cried a bit too.

Posterize246 12-13-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiteng
I found his picture with his new family posting on a wrestling news website somewhere a while ago.

He certainly changes quite a lot.

dude used to sleep in the tanning bed?

StillKill24 12-14-2010 12:15 AM

Your welcome

kaiteng 12-14-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
dude used to sleep in the tanning bed?

Isn't usual bodybuilders, which more than half of pro wrestlers today can be considered, prefer to be tanned? It makes their muscles look sharper on TV.

With Sheamus as the big exception, of course! :oldlol: