Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Never take an online class...ever (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201074)

YouCallILose 12-14-2010 06:00 PM

Never take an online class...ever

god this blows, having to complete 12 chapters between now and 18th @ midnight..around 1 1/2 hrs per chapter

ROCSteady 12-14-2010 06:06 PM

Re: Never take an online class...ever

I'm an audio learner. I retain better by hearing

DeuceWallaces 12-14-2010 06:06 PM

I took one about 11 years ago and liked it. It was nice to bang out a few credits on my own schedule.

Quata 12-14-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCallILose
god this blows, having to complete 12 chapters between now and 18th @ midnight..around 1 1/2 hrs per chapter

18 hours of work in 3-4 days, poor baby.

HisAirness3 12-14-2010 06:11 PM

Negged

Chamberlain 12-14-2010 06:11 PM

That's what you get for ignoring it all semester.

YouCallILose 12-14-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quata
18 hours of work in 3-4 days, poor baby.

If the material was somewhat challenging or interesting, that would be one thing. I needed a filler so I took micro theory..this blows and i would much rather grind out Q physics for 30 hours than do this garbage

Jailblazers7 12-14-2010 06:18 PM

I was taking an online final today, which I thought would be awesome because I could use all my notes and google, but while I was taking it I accidently clicked on a different tab in blackboard and now I'm locked out of it. I emailed my professor and have to hope she unlocks it and lets me finish. :facepalm

ROCSteady 12-14-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I was taking an online final today, which I thought would be awesome because I could use all my notes and google, but while I was taking it I accidently clicked on a different tab in blackboard and now I'm locked out of it. I emailed my professor and have to hope she unlocks it and lets me finish. :facepalm

Dat ho better let you finish :banana:

Jailblazers7 12-14-2010 07:37 PM

She unlocked it and I just completed it. I wish there was an emoticon to show my sigh of relief.

The class was theological ethics though so it's safe to say I'd be pretty pissed off at JC if she hadn't given me another try.

heyhey 12-14-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
She unlocked it and I just completed it. I wish there was an emoticon to show my sigh of relief.

The class was theological ethics though so it's safe to say I'd be pretty pissed off at JC if she hadn't given me another try.

damn that doesn't sound fun at all. Theological ethics is that in theology or philosophy. i'm interested in what type of readings you guys get assigned.

KOBEMAMBA24 12-14-2010 07:47 PM

Why did you wait until now to read them? I took 2 online finals today and made an A and a B. The reason you are taking a class is to learn the material, but you will not learn anything by cramming. Personally, I find most online courses to be easier than lecture courses.

ProfessorMurder 12-14-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
That's what you get for ignoring it all semester.

^ This. Just get shit over with.

I've taken 4 online classes, 3 in the summer, one this fall. There were weekly requirements for each so I couldn't wait even if I wanted to. All of them were at least 2 papers per week.

Hawker 12-14-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouCallILose

That's not because you're taking an online class. It's because you procrastinated.

Not saying I'm doing the same thing right now.

Jailblazers7 12-14-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyhey
damn that doesn't sound fun at all. Theological ethics is that in theology or philosophy. i'm interested in what type of readings you guys get assigned.

It was mostly stuff like St. Augustine and other readings on Catholic social thought but we also read stuff from Kant, Bentham, Plato, Rawls, and Nietzsche.