Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How good will Bass numbers be now? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201589)

DeronMillsap 12-18-2010 07:07 PM

How good will Bass numbers be now?

He's been playing PF in recent games but now without Shard it looks like Bass will be full-time starter at the 4. But they also have Arenas, J-Rich and Turk coming in.

Nelson, Arenas, Turk, Bass, J-Rich....who's stock gained the most and who's stock fell the hardest?

Nelson numbers will drop I assume but how much? Arenas should stay the same.
Will Turkoglo numbers stay or rise?

sportin_life 12-18-2010 08:05 PM

Re: How good will Bass numbers be now?

I was wondering the same. I just dropped Rashard last week too (to stash Mike Miller) and I'm debating if I should grab him again.

I think the trade is going to be hard to parse, although Hedo should benefit being back in Orlando. I also think Kirk gains a lot now that Arenas is gone and he might be on some waivers.

For the others, I'm not sure what's going to happen: Arenas, J-Rich, Rashard.

jazz873 12-18-2010 08:12 PM

Nick Young seems to be benefiting already. But too bad he only gets you 3s and points

benJAMin 12-19-2010 03:32 PM

Bass is prob too inconsistent to really help you, and he does almost nothing in steals/blocks. His value is pretty empty in standard leagues I'm guessing.

mattevans11 12-19-2010 03:44 PM

what about gortat... will he start in phx?

Zan Tabak 12-19-2010 06:51 PM

I have no insight to add, But it should be interesting to see how it all breaks down. Especially in Orlando..Who will play where? Will they run Hedo at the 4 and J-Rich and the 3? Will Gilbert or Richardson come off the bench? ... guess time will tell.

DeronMillsap 12-19-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11

lol....thread title should be "How good will Gortat numbers be now?" :lol

donxcore 12-20-2010 05:46 AM

Van Gundy said that Jameer Nelson's minutes will remain the same, he will not come off the bench. Either Arenas, Jason Rich, or Hedo will.

I'm guessing Gortat will get crucial minutes, Arenas starting at SG/scorer, and Hedo over Bass because Bass plays as much defense as Yao does (now).

benJAMin 12-20-2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11

I went ahead and speculatively added Gortat in my 10 team roto league, dropping Batum. I'm hoping for numbers similar to Tyson Chandler once he's able to establish some consistent mins, which shouldnt be hard to do since Robin Lopez managed just 4 boards in 30 mins last night. Maybe with Nash running the offense he scores a bit more.

If Gortat can get 28 mins per (which seems reasonable that Lopez gets the other 20), I think 9 pts and 9 boards is feasible with around 1.5-2 blocks per. Good fg% and horrid ft%, although he doesnt get to the line much so it hopefully wont hurt too badly. The biggest problem with that is Lopez is still there and these two will prob be in a timeshare at C, leaving mins for Frye and Warrick at PF.

benJAMin 12-20-2010 06:14 AM

I expect this to make things a lot better for Gortat and Hinrich, a little better for Hedo (prob worth an add if he's on waivers in a 10 team league), Rashard and Bass, and a slight loss for Jameer, JRich and Arenas. It would be my guess that everyone on ORL (except Dwight) has a scoring downtick similar to the way LeBron/Wade/Bosh have had playing together as there just arent enough shots in a game for Jameer/Arenas/JRich/Hedo to all get theirs (that basically accounts for 50 FGA per before Dwight). Jameer could have better assist numbers or they could be worse if Arenas dominates the ball when they play together.

dkmwise 12-20-2010 04:32 PM

Bass should at least be getting the minutes is nothing else, he almost has to

Stuckey 12-31-2010 06:32 PM

he'll get 20-30 minutes a night

average maybe 10/6

DeronMillsap 01-03-2011 01:01 PM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1535880.story

Quote:

After practice on Sunday, Magic starting PF Brandon Bass told the Sentinel that he might need arthroscopic surgery if his sore left knee doesn't improve.

"I might need to get it scoped, be out a few weeks," Bass said. "I don't know. We'll see."

Bass said he came down on his left knee in the second quarter of the game against the New York Knicks on Thursday night and "heard a pop."

Bass said his knee has been sore and has been swelling since then.

Stuckey 01-03-2011 08:23 PM

hurry and pick up deandre jordan

PicaChiqken 01-06-2011 05:39 AM

How good will Bass numbers be now

I was planning on starting him just had my doubts, I will roll with CJ Branch and Bryant

However I dont think that their first game has much relevance, because I think Chicago is a different team then they were early in the season.
by the way, im the manager of the site Smallest Spy Camera
and i hope i'll enjoy here :)