Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: The Ladder Theory (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20245)

ClutchCityReturns 12-03-2006 04:03 AM

OT: The Ladder Theory

Extremely off topic so I apologize for that. I try not to post OT's in this forum unless I find a gem, and this is just that.

It's basically a very in depth theory about why girls can't have guy friends who are truly "just friends". Most everybody on this forum has had this argument with a girl at one point or another when they mention that they have a lot of guy friends or that "so and so is like a brother to me" when we know the dude really just wants to get her in the sack.

Anyway, it's a long read, but not a chore to read at all. Do yourself a favor and read the first couple of sections and keep going if you find it interesting. Just click the right arrow icon to move forward.

The Ladder Theory

Heilige 12-03-2006 12:06 PM

That was very insightful.

vapid 12-03-2006 12:24 PM

Wow thats one of the fossils of the internet.... but if anyone hasn't read it its still quite interesting.

thenextgreatbigman 12-03-2006 12:44 PM

time to take some notes.
it's funny but true

bagelred 12-03-2006 12:50 PM

Well put together theory.

It might be a bit exaggerated, but it's basically true. Money/power or perceived future money/power might be most important thing for a woman. We've all seen the wealthiest/most powerful men end up with most beautiful woman. Look at Howard Stern as an example. He's wealthy/powerful/interesting/different, but phyically below average. Supermodel girlfriend. One of many examples.

The one thing I didn't see is "confidence". REAL confidence, not a show. Women sense that. Confidence could go along with money/power and attraction, but you can't stress real confidence enough....

I've been saying this for years. Men have reputation of being more vain, but women are much more vain than men.

A man knows instantly if he wants a woman just by looking at her. It's an chemical physical attraction you can't control.

A woman looks at a man and STILL doesn't know if she's attracted to him or not. That's vain. She wants to know "who he is". If you tell her he's a wealthy businessman before she meets him, she will be instantly more attracted to him than if you tell her he's a janitor. THAT is vain.....

craigthomasb 12-03-2006 12:55 PM

thanks, im gonna go find n abyss an jump into it rahter than wait for some ***** to kick me in the head

TheBynumProject 12-03-2006 01:02 PM

Most broads like their men to be smart, funny etc. I find it interesting that this study dismisses those qualitites. That is incorret. One of the best ways to get alot of chicks is to be funny. Most girls like funny guys who can make them laugh.

bagelred 12-03-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Most broads like their men to be smart, funny etc. I find it interesting that this study dismisses those qualitites. That is incorret. One of the best ways to get alot of chicks is to be funny. Most girls like funny guys who can make them laugh.

Yes and no. Women like to be "comfortable" with a man. And humor breaks down the walls and makes guys more relatable to women. But confidence and attraction still need to be there first, I think, before humor.

craigthomasb 12-03-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

it covers it in the "10% women pretend to care about but really dont" in the womans rating section

so they say it doesnt mean anything, if she fidnd you fnny it just a coincidence

thenextgreatbigman 12-03-2006 04:39 PM

Jerm 12-03-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Things Women Say They Care About But Do Not: 10%...You forgot that part buddy. Keep telling jokes all over the place and we'll see how many girls will invite you in after a night of jokes. You think it's a joke in the bedroom, jokes don't give orgasms.

BankShot 12-03-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred

I've been saying this for years. Men have reputation of being more vain, but women are much more vain than men.

A man knows instantly if he wants a woman just by looking at her. It's an chemical physical attraction you can't control.

A woman looks at a man and STILL doesn't know if she's attracted to him or not. That's vain. She wants to know "who he is". If you tell her he's a wealthy businessman before she meets him, she will be instantly more attracted to him than if you tell her he's a janitor. THAT is vain.....

very interesting insight into vanity, especially in the true magnitude of shallowness between the sexes

AirGauge23 12-03-2006 06:32 PM

The other day a girl told me she didn't like me like that, but that she would gladly go out with me, as friends. :confusedshrug:

kentatm 12-03-2006 06:37 PM

ahh, i actually had never seen that but yep, its pretty true.

Jerm 12-03-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGauge23
The other day a girl told me she didn't like me like that, but that she would gladly go out with me, as friends. :confusedshrug:

Man, drop her for the next girl. I've always found that the ******* thing works, it's fool proof. It's in the past when I thought being "sweet" or "funny" will get the job done. Like the ladder theory will say, I was an intellectual whore and I've decided to be a fulltime outlaw biker. It's like magic guys, try it!