Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Trade Help: B. Roy for W. Matthews (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203009)

dkmwise 12-29-2010 03:46 PM

Trade Help: B. Roy for W. Matthews

Someone offered me Brandon Roy for Wesley Matthews straight up. Both are SG/SF eligible in the league. It is not a category league, it is total points and Matthews has been getting about 35-40 fantasy points per game recently while Roy has been around 30. Roy has put up big numbers in the past, but Matthews is young and may have a better future.

Any thoughts?

D.Z.W. 12-29-2010 07:34 PM

Re: Trade Help: B. Roy for W. Matthews

I don't trust Roy's knees, I'll definitely keep Matthews over him. Even if Roy comes back, Matthews is still starting - at absolute worst, its even production/value from the both of them. No reason to take on a big question mark with no upside to gain from it. Its like high risk low reward imo.

benJAMin 12-30-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
I don't trust Roy's knees, I'll definitely keep Matthews over him. Even if Roy comes back, Matthews is still starting - at absolute worst, its even production/value from the both of them. No reason to take on a big question mark with no upside to gain from it. Its like high risk low reward imo.

Well said, completely agree

DeronMillsap 12-30-2010 11:18 AM

Matthews will be their guy for the rest of the season. He'll play SG if Roy whenever is out and he'll play SF if Roy is playing.

benJAMin 12-30-2010 11:06 PM

Update from Rotoworld:
Quote:

The latest report on Blazers' shooting guard Brandon Roy is that he is out 'indefinitely,' likely for 'an extended period.' This was the word given by Blazers GM Rich Cho, who said "in the short term, we're going to proceed with an extended period of rest."

It all depends on your league as far as whether you should keep hanging onto Roy or not. In daily leagues without a games max it's probably time to move on. In weekly leagues, or leagues where you can stash him on your bench without hurting your team, it's fine to hang on. But at this point, it's going to be harder to keep him around in most leagues than it will be just to cut him and grab a productive player who can help your team now. In other words, if you want to let him go, we're not going to tell you it's a bad idea.

Stuckey 12-31-2010 06:30 PM

do it

lakeshow2011 01-12-2011 07:44 PM

This was obviously posted a while ago but if the offer is still there, take it. Broy is probably getting shut down for the rest of the season.

Gfronning 01-13-2011 10:05 AM

keep matthews, roy might miss the season