Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cristiano Ronaldo is a disgrace ... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20443)

sydneyking 12-04-2006 08:51 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo is a disgrace ...
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwI99ZZxjY

(Manchester won the game 2-1)

Seriously, is there a more unlikeable athlete in the world right now? Dude has potential to go down as one of the greats but instead he'll be remembered for his cheating and theatrics.

What a d!ck.

Jailblazers7 12-04-2006 08:52 PM

What an idiot why wouldnt he just score the goal, what a dumbass

sydneyking 12-04-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

What an idiot why wouldnt he just score the goal, what a dumbass
Haha yeah, I didn't see that before but it's clear now: he could have scored the goal by himself quite easily.

He'd rather cheat than score.

JtotheIzzo 12-04-2006 11:50 PM

if soccer were hockey he'd get his falkin ass kicked

final.wrath 12-04-2006 11:53 PM

i dont see whats wrong with that video. it looks like he and the goalie went for the ball and ronaldo lost his balance. am i missing something?

telephone 12-04-2006 11:53 PM

ya hes a bastard but let me tell you nobody can dribble down the wing like he can. I mean NOBODY. He just flies down there and crosses and gives so many goal opportunities. Ferguson just needs to disipline him. Every time you dive, give him so many miles to run etc.

mswank 12-05-2006 12:13 AM

most of the furor is because the english couldnt do squat in the world cup against portugal and he ended up the scape goat...the first one looked more like a stumble than one of his signature dives...either way the dudes amazing.

Phesto 12-05-2006 12:28 AM

Did any of you actually watch the game?

The guy was moving at high speed, and made a sudden movement to avoid being fouled and lost his balance. Ever see a guy do that in midfield or running down the wing? Usually a foul is called. It just so happens he was in the box and had to avoid the goalie. Guess what? That's a foul and a deserved penalty.

Keep the Ronaldo hate bandwagon going though, he's playing better than he ever has as a United player and long may it continue!

telephone 12-05-2006 12:56 AM

portugal couldnt do squat to england either. portugal had no legitmate chances. All they could do was play it around 20-25 ayrds outside the box and shoot and miss every time. ronaldo had to be a little ***** and cry to the refs.

Juvenile 12-05-2006 09:18 AM

Even if that was diving, I fail to see how that provokes such an outcry. As if something like this has never happened.

Phesto 12-05-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile
Even if that was diving, I fail to see how that provokes such an outcry. As if something like this has never happened.


Like I said, everyone jumped on the Anti-Ronaldo bandwagon after the World Cup. At every away game this season, he's been booed whenever he is on the ball. I shouldn't really be complaining about that, as it seems he plays even better under adversity, but shouldn't those fans be more worried about their club team than what happened in the summer?

JtotheIzzo 12-05-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telephone
portugal couldnt do squat to england either. portugal had no legitmate chances. All they could do was play it around 20-25 ayrds outside the box and shoot and miss every time. ronaldo had to be a little ***** and cry to the refs.


English soccer sux

the Premiership is good but only because of the imports

The national side is unathletic and lacks the skill and flair necessary to win

David Beckham is overrated and hurts the team with his perdictable plays, and Steven Gerrard and Frank lampard are painfully mediocre

they will never win any important international trophy ever again

just not French I guess, I mean, the French, Germans and Ittalians can figure it out, why not the English?

The falkin Seppos willl win a world cup before the Bulldog

telephone 12-05-2006 12:10 PM

sven sux. He picked the wrong forwards and that is the reason they did so bad. Instead of crouch and walcott he shouldve chosen defoe and bent.

JtotheIzzo 12-05-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telephone
sven sux. He picked the wrong forwards and that is the reason they did so bad. Instead of crouch and walcott he shouldve chosen defoe and bent.

no athletes on that team

no superior skilled players

they were a bunch of boring utility men running around trying to keep up with the other team

luke warm
vanilla
mild
lame
melba toast

overrated

could only score on penalties

Rooney was the only baller but unfortuantely he cant keep his head on straight

craigthomasb 12-05-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
English soccer sux

the Premiership is good but only because of the imports

The national side is unathletic and lacks the skill and flair necessary to win

David Beckham is overrated and hurts the team with his perdictable plays, and Steven Gerrard and Frank lampard are painfully mediocre

they will never win any important international trophy ever again

just not French I guess, I mean, the French, Germans and Ittalians can figure it out, why not the English?

The falkin Seppos willl win a world cup before the Bulldog



amature

premiership is only good because of the imports....so what? its the best legaue in the world, and you agree congrats

the national side is unathletic in what way??? lacks flair???? err theres only one winning team in the world with flair and thats brazil, fancy tricks dont work, you dont see italians do them and they win the world cup

david beckham overated, yes hense why he isnt in the england squad since the world cup, thanks captain obvious

steven gerrard painfully mediocre.....

average


mediocre

poor

i think not, the best bit about the last 2 goals is the commentator andy gray used to play for everton (arch enemies of liverpool) and hates liverpool and he says things like "you beatuy" and "take a bow son"


fat frank lumpard is rubbish he just shoots on sight, sure scoring 20 a goals a season from midfield is impressive but when you take evry penalty and free kick your gona score a few (especially with the amount chelsea recieve)



ps. rooney is top 10 player in the world now and hes still only 20


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy