Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tyrus Thomas out 8 weeks with knee injury (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205889)

insidehoops 01-20-2011 09:38 PM

Tyrus Thomas out 8 weeks with knee injury

Charlotte Bobcats forward Tyrus Thomas will be sidelined for approximately eight weeks after a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) revealed a tear of the lateral meniscus of the left knee. Surgery is expected in the coming days.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7053#ixzz1Bd6Rt8zE

Timmeh 01-20-2011 10:30 PM

Re: Tyrus Thomas out 8 weeks with knee injury

This definitely sucks. I can see a trade coming involving another of our bigs and a reserve to get some help in there.

Talent 01-20-2011 11:31 PM

changes what we want back if we dump Jackson.

onewickedlady 01-20-2011 11:42 PM

Why don't we just sign some ten-day contracts for the next couple of months while we're looking for a way to trade Jax?
I don't know who's available but I am just hoping that the FO doesn't let our roster get too thin while they're focused on saving money.

rufuspaul 01-21-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Why don't we just sign some ten-day contracts for the next couple of months while we're looking for a way to trade Jax?
I don't know who's available but I am just hoping that the FO doesn't let our roster get too thin while they're focused on saving money.

From Bonnell's blog:

Quote:

This Thomas injury is a big mess

This might be a problem without an answer.
The Bobcats just lost Tyrus Thomas for eight weeks (I had precisely the meniscus injury Thomas has, and while Glenn Perry is a marvelous doctor, there’s only so much you can do to speed that recovery time. So don’t assume Thomas will be back sooner).
The problem isn’t just Thomas’ value to the Charlotte Bobcats. It’s how poorly structured the Bobcats are to compensate for his loss.
As general manager Rod Higgins noted Thursday, they already have the maximum 15 players under guaranteed contract. And 13 of those are able-bodied, so there’s little reason to think the NBA would grant the Bobcats a roster exception.
What Higgins didn’t say, but obviously implied, is it’s not the NBA’s problem that the Bobcats roster is over-populated with 2s and 3s.
Higgins made it clear that Paul Silas will have to try to make due with the current mix. That means Dominic McGuire and Eduardo Najera must play more and Gerald Wallace will play as much 4 as 3 going forward.
I was the one who told Wallace that Thomas would be out eight weeks. You should have seen the look on Wallace’s face – somewhere between shock and dread as I asked him what he thinks about becoming a quasi-power forward again.
Gerald’s response was telling:
“If he wants me to go some (at 4), fine,’’ Wallace said. “But as far as labeling me a 4, I’m done with those days.’’
Translation: The more Wallace plays power forward, the faster his expiration date arrives. Colliding with someone 6-7 and 230 pounds is very different from colliding with someone 6-10 and 260 pounds.

:facepalm :( :rant :cry: :banghead:

onewickedlady 01-21-2011 04:12 PM

T2 and Diop are two terrific shot-blockers. And T2, in my mind, is a G-Dub in training because of the way he cuts to the basket. Can we stay with our current 13 players and still make the playoffs? I mean, figure 8 weeks out for T2 is basically the rest of the season.

rufuspaul 01-21-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

T2 and Diop are two terrific shot-blockers. And T2, in my mind, is a G-Dub in training because of the way he cuts to the basket. Can we stay with our current 13 players and still make the playoffs? I mean, figure 8 weeks out for T2 is basically the rest of the season.

Our only hope is that the combo of McGuire/Najera/Brown can get it done. I'm not holding my breath.

onewickedlady 01-21-2011 05:00 PM

Hey RufusPaul--Facebook's Bobcats link has pictures of 14 season-ticket renewers whose pics were taken with SJax. R U among them?

rufuspaul 01-22-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Hey RufusPaul--Facebook's Bobcats link has pictures of 14 season-ticket renewers whose pics were taken with SJax. R U among them?

No! Guess I'm not in the upper echelon of season tx holders.:(