Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Start Watson and Deron at the guards? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206907)

DeronMillsap 01-28-2011 10:54 PM

Start Watson and Deron at the guards?

Is this too small?

Seems like we run our best offense whenever these two are on the floor together.

Anything to get Bell out of the line up, I'll take it. He stinks!

El Kabong 01-28-2011 11:45 PM

Re: Start Watson and Deron at the guards?

I'd go for it. Sloan was playing Watson and Price together for a bit and it worked well.

UtahJazzFan88 01-29-2011 02:34 AM

I like the idea, but it sorta ruins the idea of playing Price or Hayward.

So it hurts the rotation a little bit in my eyes off the bench, but if it gets wins, I'm all for it.

Xiao Yao You 01-29-2011 05:14 AM

Too small. Might work at times but it makes more sense against other teams 2nd units that are often smaller as well.

DeronMillsap 01-29-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Too small. Might work at times but it makes more sense against other teams 2nd units that are often smaller as well.

Yeah, it's worked well whenever both were on the floor against opposing teams' 2nd units or a hybrid of 1st/2nd squad.

It could just be a gimmick line up that works great during stretches of the game.
Maybe we could use it for half of the 1st and half of the 3rd to start the halves.

I know we've been on Raja's case as of late but there was a stretch of weeks where he was making crucial shots when needed. Similar to Kirilenko's good perimeter shooting in November. Probably back in mid-November and early December, where Raja's FG wasn't this bad.

Raja needs to start doing that again.

UtahJazzFan88 01-29-2011 07:09 PM

If were not going to start Earl (and we're most likely not going to when Deron is back), then Deron needs to lead by example, and actually push the ball up the court and run the offense at a higher pace, I've heard him complain about it all the time, but he's really not doing it a lot himself, he needs to lead by example instead of saying something about it in the locker room.

Xiao Yao You 01-30-2011 11:19 PM

You sure Sloan wants it ran at a faster pace? The best I ever saw Stockton and Malone play was when they were running but coach preferred them slowing it up for the half court game.

DeronMillsap 02-02-2011 11:55 PM

Put Hayward or Miles there then, if not start then give the minutes to them.

Raja stinks!!! His defense is mediocre and his offense is one of the worst in the league.

Xiao Yao You 02-03-2011 03:04 AM

Problem is that Jerry loves Raja and he's not leaving the rotation.