Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: 50 cent's new beef... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20701)

rezznor 12-06-2006 12:06 PM

OT: 50 cent's new beef...

is with Oprah :roll:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006...f_the_wee.html

diabla 12-06-2006 12:07 PM

50 cent's an idiot. But what he said about Oprah is true.

rezznor 12-06-2006 12:10 PM

Oprah has done more to help black people then 50 ever has.

JtotheIzzo 12-06-2006 12:13 PM

it would be funny if Oprah is starting a beef with 50 to get some street cred and expand her empire into Hip Hop culture.

Oprah is slowly taking over America

JtotheIzzo 12-06-2006 12:15 PM

I heard Lloyd Banks has beef with Gayle and Tony Yeayo shot up that gay interior decorator's SUV outside Jimmy's Cafe.
:roll:

rezznor 12-06-2006 12:17 PM

May 01, 2006
Beef of the Week: Oprah vs. 50 Cent
Move over, The Game. 50 Cent will now duel with The Oprah.

The rapper accuses the Almighty Ms. Winfrey (pictured) of discriminating against hip-hop artists when it comes to booking guests. He also contends she caters primarily to middle-class, middle-aged white women -- a charge her marketing department would probably have a tough time refuting. Yes, it would certainly seem Oprah prefers guests who've faked a prison term over those who've actually done one.

But Fitty, why, exactly, are you trying to break the Oprah barrier? Frankly, I'd love to see Ice Cube on Oprah, in full-on buppie mode, talking about his kids, his hobbies -- Oprah-type stuff. But I'm not entirely sure rappers, even aging rappers, are ready to show their domestic underbellies to an Oprah audience. That's not to say Oprah shouldn't try booking them. Rappers expounding on thug life probably wouldn't be an intuitive fit with Oprah's audience -- but rappers discussing home decor, dispensing marital advice, and getting rheumy about their wives... that might work.

So what say, Fitty? Can you meet Oprah in the middle? Buppie it up for her, and I'll bet she'll totally doff her top for your next video.

Posted by Scott Brown | 05. 1.06, 12:39 PM

Comments
This is so hilarious. 50 cent is calling Oprah a white woman? Oprah spent 7 million dollars of her own money to put over 100 black men through college. I wonder what color they think she is. I wonder if they care. How many black men have you put through college 50?

holdup | Dec 6, 2006 6:18:29 AM

Hmmm... let's do little bio check here

50 Cent: arrests for gun charges, drug abuse... implicated in shootings and murder conspiracy investigations... song lyrics that insult women, advocate violence... infamous for starting "beefs"

Oprah: Business Week 2005's Greatest Black Philanthropist in history, raised over 3 million dollars to help Katrina victims, responsible for helping to catch 4 pedophiles, created the Angel Network which has raised over 7 million dollars in a single show for African children, created her own tv show, magazine & website to promote health, healing and charitable causes for people of all color across the globe...

50 Cent - do something good with your life, your money and your fame and THEN maybe you can earn the right to trash talk Oprah -- you petty ridiculous illiterate fool.

B-Low 12-06-2006 12:53 PM

Damn this dude is ignorant

saKf 12-06-2006 12:57 PM

Chachi-in-charge > 50.

haterofhaters 12-06-2006 01:10 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't know why people care so much about info like this. I mean come now, 50 says that Oprah discriminates against hip-hop artists and doesn't invite them on the show and all of a sudden it's beef?? Man, celebrity lives must suck that they have every little thing they say blown up like that.

Rasheed1 12-06-2006 01:12 PM

Im not a Oprah fan either.... but 50 aint the guy to call her out....

Younggrease 12-06-2006 01:12 PM

Oprah said something to Ludacris when he was on the show, than Luda and 50 got mad. The solved whatevr problem there was.

50 is lucky though because Oprah could squash him. He doesnt know what Oprah could do him if she wanted.

MaxFly 12-06-2006 01:20 PM

This is an automatic loss for 50. Heck, even Will Smith and Denzel couldn't take Oprah if they teamed up, even less 50...

And why does 50 want to be on Oprah? These cats are just embarrassing themselves now.

Fiyah 12-06-2006 01:26 PM

You guys are tools, seriously.

You think 50 cent really cares about Oprah or actually has "beef" with her? He's just trying to get some hype going and make people talk about him again.. and apparently yet again it's working. G-Unit is getting ready for a big year in 2007 and the hype machine has already started... 50 Cent's releasing an album, Young Buck, M.O.P, Yayo everyone. And 50 Cent/G-Unit are going to get everyone talking by doing what they know best, starting beef on wax. It's pretty funny actually how well it works and how time and time again people are fooled into believing it

JtotheIzzo 12-06-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiyah

You think 50 cent really cares about Oprah or actually has "beef" with her? He's just trying to get some hype going and make people talk about him again.. and apparently yet again it's working. G-Unit is getting ready for a big year in 2007 and the hype machine has already started... 50 Cent's releasing an album, Young Buck, M.O.P, Yayo everyone. And 50 Cent/G-Unit are going to get everyone talking by doing what they know best, starting beef on wax. It's pretty funny actually how well it works and how time and time again people are fooled into believing it

Fiyah is from the streets, word

Younggrease 12-06-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiyah

He needs to be careful even if its hype when messing with Oprah. She is one of the most powerful people in the country. Her she the ability to sway a lor of opinions which could indirectly hurt 50's career or help. He would just have to roll the dice.