Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Can't joke about Kramer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20712)

bagelred 12-06-2006 01:39 PM

OT: Can't joke about Kramer
 
You even have to apologize even if you are mocking Michael Richards:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ertainmentnews

Are we all way overly sensitive in our American society? Thoughts?

GOBB 12-06-2006 01:44 PM

Why would anyone want to mock that?

Knoe Itawl 12-06-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
You even have to apologize even if you are mocking Michael Richards:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ertainmentnews

Are we all way overly sensitive in our American society? Thoughts?


Overly sensitive? This society isn't sensitive enough when it comes to a variety of issues..........

bagelred 12-06-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Overly sensitive? This society isn't sensitive enough when it comes to a variety of issues..........


You are joking right? We live in the most politically correct society on the planet.

JtotheIzzo 12-06-2006 01:50 PM

do you think that guy who does the tours as the 'Real Kramer' is losing business? Do people unfairly associate him with Kramer's hate on for the balck man?

Rasheed1 12-06-2006 01:52 PM

I heard the club has a 'no N-word' policy now and Damon Wayans has already been banned for a couple months for using the word

Quote:

You are joking right? We live in the most politically correct society on the planet.

being politically correct and being sensitive are two different things.

In this country we sweep stuff under the rug and place restrictions on bringing it to light...thats not sensitivity

Knoe Itawl 12-06-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
You are joking right? We live in the most politically correct society on the planet.


I'm talking about sensitive towards the poor (wealth gap in this country growing more and more each year while people do nothing)

Sensitive towards the mentally ill (many mentally ill people are basically put out on the street to save money. Living in NYC you see mentally ill homeless people all the time. Many of them snap because they are not on their meds, but they cannot go back to a care facility. Shameful for a country that's spent 400 billion so far on an unjust war)

Sensitive towards other countries (Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens are dead because of this war and the average American citizen could hardly give a shyt when it's OUR GOVERNMENT'S fault)

I could go on and on.

Political Correctness is hardly an indicator of sensitivity.

bagelred 12-06-2006 02:24 PM

All I'm saying is people overreact to sensitivity, even when it has nothing to do with racism.

When Andy Dork says "You all are a bunch of n-----rs", he's not making fun of black people, he's making fun of Michael Richards. Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

If you are in the audience and are black or any other race, you shouldn't say "OMG, Andy Dork said the n word!", you should be laughing saying "Yeah, that Michael Richards, what a moron!." That's what comedy is all about.

That's what comedy is about - mocking all the strange happenings in society....no matter what the topic.

Knoe Itawl 12-06-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
All I'm saying is people overreact to sensitivity, even when it has nothing to do with racism.

When Andy Dork says "You all are a bunch of n-----rs", he's not making fun of black people, he's making fun of Michael Richards. Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

If you are in the audience and are black or any other race, you shouldn't say "OMG, Andy Dork said the n word!", you should be laughing saying "Yeah, that Michael Richards, what a moron!." That's what comedy is all about.


lmao at America being a "sensitive society".

Wake up.

bagelred 12-06-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
lmao at America being a "sensitive society".

Wake up.


You wake up. Go to other "civilized" nations around the world and you'd be in for a BIG SURPRISE...trust me. America is leagues better than any other society in this regard.

Knoe Itawl 12-06-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
You wake up. Go to other "civilized" nations around the world and you'd be in for a BIG SURPRISE...trust me. America is leagues better than any other society in this regard.


I've been to many, many countries around the world.

How many have you been to?

How much do you read up on the inequalities that exist in this society as compared to others?

Or do you just spout patriotic propaganda as if it's fact?

Rasheed1 12-06-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

If you are in the audience and are black or any other race, you shouldn't say "OMG, Andy Dork said the n word!", you should be laughing saying "Yeah, that Michael Richards, what a moron!." That's what comedy is all about.

^that made no sense at all...

why would you laugh at a lame attempt at humor?

comedy is about being funny....what richards and this guy did was not funny.....

bagelred 12-06-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasheed1
^that made no sense at all...

why would you laugh at a lame attempt at humor?

comedy is about being funny....what richards and this guy did was not funny.....


Ugh...just forget it....

Moderator....erase topic.

Smokee 12-06-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
All I'm saying is people overreact to sensitivity, even when it has nothing to do with racism.

When Andy Dork says "You all are a bunch of n-----rs", he's not making fun of black people, he's making fun of Michael Richards. Anyone with even a hint of an IQ can discern the difference.

If you are in the audience and are black or any other race, you shouldn't say "OMG, Andy Dork said the n word!", you should be laughing saying "Yeah, that Michael Richards, what a moron!." That's what comedy is all about.

That's what comedy is about - mocking all the strange happenings in society....no matter what the topic.



theres tons of double standards in todays society and we are overly politically correct but thats more soccer mom's, politicians, and public figures who uphold those extreme PC standards to appease all their constituents.

I feel sorry for Kramer even tho Sam Simon(creator of the Simpsons) said hes the most difficult person he has ever worked with and people fiinally got to see the real 'kramer'...

DCL 12-06-2006 02:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN2LJTCBPtg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy