Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe > Wade. Stockton > Nash. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20727)

Vendetta 12-06-2006 03:28 PM

Kobe > Wade. Stockton > Nash.

Truth.

bigkingsfan 12-06-2006 03:30 PM

Kobe Tai > Kobe Bryant
Truth

Rasheed1 12-06-2006 03:31 PM

great topic.....the insight and depth of your analysis is staggering :rolleyes:

what a bball scholar

Xplicit 12-06-2006 03:32 PM

If you fart while you jump, you get more elevation. Truth.

Maximum310 12-06-2006 04:21 PM

KOBE > world

glidedrxlr22 12-06-2006 04:26 PM

MVP scoreboard:
Nash 2
Kobe 0

BankShot 12-06-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasheed1
great topic.....the insight and depth of your analysis is staggering :rolleyes:

what a bball scholar

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Where would we be not only in terms of basketball knowledge, but in our quality of life on earth, without breathtaking, insightful, commentary like that?

Bravo, man, bravo. I just called ESPN and they're gonna fire the entire Friday night commentary and analysis team so you can exclusively inform the NATION about your indepth basketball wisdom.

Anyways so i'm not a hypocrite by trashing a post for lack of depth, and not adding my own opinion.

I can not and will not place Steve Nash at the same level as John Stockton, not because of their court vision, playmaking ability, level of clutch, etc... but because of the OBVIOUS disparity between defensive abilities.

Stockton has the most steals in NBA history, and was a LOCKDOWN defender. Nash? A liability.

BankShot 12-06-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
MVP scoreboard:
Nash 2
Kobe 0

NBA Championship Scoreboard

Kobe - 3

Nash - 0

schyza 12-06-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
NBA Championship Scoreboard

Kobe - 3

Nash - 0

I would take the 3 championships over the MVP's any day of the week
:applause:

West-Side 12-06-2006 04:36 PM

Any person with half of brain would know that Kobe is better then Wade, and Stockton is easily better then Nash.

10 years from now some idiot will say that Nash is better then Stockton because of his MVPs...well Nash really doesn't do anything better outside of score/shoot...and John is a career 50% shooter anyways. And was a threat on defense and a better passer...so as far as pure PG's Stockton with ease.

Kobe is better then Wade, I don't need to explain that...better offensive player, better defensive player...Wade might slightly be a better passer and a more aggressive player.

BankShot 12-06-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West-Side
Kobe is better then Wade, I don't need to explain that...better offensive player, better defensive player...Wade might slightly be a better passer and a more aggressive player.

And Kobe has had so much more time in the league to allow his game to mature and, though i hate to be cliche, become more cerebral. Sans the last game in the Laker/Suns series last year, he's grown into a heady leader who can score and make the pass.

Wade will get there eventually, but right now thats not his game.

West-Side 12-06-2006 04:42 PM

So right now, Kobe is better then Wade...right now Bosh is better then Bynum...we can only assume what will happen in the future.

Wade will never reach Kobe's level, that's my assumption...so please quit trying to overrate him, he's effecient because he goes inside all the time, and half the time gets bailed out.

He's not a better scorer then Kobe, or a better defender...those two are the main criterias when comparing two SGs. Wade is probably #5 on my list, Kobe's #1.

Knoe Itawl 12-06-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West-Side
So right now, Kobe is better then Wade...right now Bosh is better then Bynum...we can only assume what will happen in the future.

Wade will never reach Kobe's level...so please quit trying to overrate him, he's effecient because he goes inside all the time, and half the time gets bailed out.

He's not a better scorer the Kobe, or a better defense...those two are the main criterias when comparing two SGs. Wade is probably #5 on my list, Kobe's #1.

The problem with people like you is that you dont' believe Kobe has any flaws, such as shot selection, ability to understand the flow of a game, leadership, efficiency, etc.

These things are important factors in a player, but Kobe fanatics like to pretend that they aren't important.

And Kobe has never gotten bailed out by refs? That's the type of biased nonsense Bryant fanatics come up with.

West-Side 12-06-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

And Kobe has never gotten bailed out by refs? That's the type of biased nonsense Bryant fanatics come up with.

Kobe has flaws, who said he doesn't? Try to not put words into peoples mouth, thanks.

Wade is a more aggressive player who many players complain about the frequency of him getting to the line, Kobe gets superstar calls, never said he didn't.

Like I said in my post, Kobe is the better scorer and the better defender (unless you're going to deny that, which I wouldn't be surprised...you love to label Kobe fans groupies...you're the biggest one I've seen on this board), which is what puts him above Wade...and if you actually think the margin of Wade being a better handler, slightly better passer is significant enough to put him above Kobe, then you're fooling yourself.

West-Side 12-06-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

These things are important factors in a player, but Kobe fanatics like to pretend that they aren't important.

Currently, leadership can be voided when it comes to Kobe...because he's being a great leader. He's shooting 49% last I checked from the field...he's better at selecting shots...so yeah currently he's better then Wade....I mean unless Wade improved as a perimeter threat and defense...or unless he turned into Magic Johnson, but he didn't...so Kobe is still the better overall player, hell watching Kobe pass this season...I don't even know if Wade is better at that either.