Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Stuckey #2 RFA 2011 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207407)

tbrulz 02-01-2011 08:27 PM

Stuckey #2 RFA 2011

From ESPN Insider

2. Rodney Stuckey, Pistons
Stuckey continues his steady improvement in Detroit. He appeared to be a steal as the 15th pick in the 2007 draft but hasn't really reached his ceiling. He's still more comfortable as a slasher/scorer than as a point guard, and he hasn't found a consistent stroke from long range. But at this point he's a big part of the future of the Pistons, and I doubt there's any chance they'll let him walk.

Quite a drop off in terms of talent from last year LOL.

Here is some of the rest of the list
RFA: 1. Gasol 2. Stuckey 3. Green 4. Oden 5. T. Young 6. Chandler 7. N. Young 8. Brooks 9. Afflalo 10. Thorton

I'd have Young and Brooks higher but I pretty much agree with the list.

Nastradamus 02-14-2011 03:42 PM

Re: Stuckey #2 RFA 2011

Young has FINALLY started to show something this year, but Brooks looks like shit. We may have seen his ceiling.

I'm glad Stuckey gets some love though. He's a damn good basketball player. As a SG he's a plus scorer,defender, rebounder and passer. As a PG, he takes a hit in the defending and passing categories. He needs a shot, but may never get it. Even then, he is a player you want on your team and a really good pick at 15. Joe has drafted well since Darko IMO, though we are still seeing what will happen with Daye and Monroe. Hopefully though, along with Gordon, Jerebko,Daye,Monroe and Stuckey will be our core going forward, with a true PG and a high level big added to the mix.

Nastradamus 05-11-2011 03:35 PM

Always looking for new members if you are legit. Welcome aboard.

As far as the thread, I'd love to land the top 2 RFAs somehow!

Interesting question to pose. Memphis wants to save salary, so they offer up Gasol for Monroe and Prince in a S and T. They replace Gasol and Battier for less than what it costs to sign Gasol alone. I just don't know if a team in Memphis can afford to pay Gay,Randolph,Conley and now Gasol too.

Why would we do it? We finally got a talented young big that we drafted who is cheap and good. However, I think Gasol is more of a true center and has a higher ceiling than Monroe to some degree. Gasol has the size to bang with guys like Dwight and Bynum as well as the strength and skill to be an offensive force on the low block, another thing we lack. Pair him with some athletic PFs like Jerebko and Vessely/Thompson/Biyombo and we have a nice looking frontline.

dd24 06-17-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

The Pistons have officially tendered guard Rodney Stuckey a $3.8 million qualifying offer, which makes him a restricted free agent. Monday was the first day the Pistons could offer Stuckey a qualifying offer, and the team had until June 30 to do so. Detroit News

Rodney is officially a RFA. It seems like he'll end up back in Detroit.

idizzle 09-01-2011 04:05 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls went after him and try to do a sign and trade.

They need a big SG that can take the pressure off Derrick Rose.

dd24 09-01-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls went after him and try to do a sign and trade.

They need a big SG that can take the pressure off Derrick Rose.

They can have BG back before Stuckey :D Not that it's possible but just sayin....