Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: RIP James Kim (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20753)

the even bigger black guy 12-06-2006 08:30 PM

OT: RIP James Kim

Some of you may have been following the story of the family that went missing in Oregon. The wife and two young daughters have been rescued and are safe, but the father, James Kim, was just found dead. He had gone to find help for his family.

James' sister is married to a friend of mine and this is really tragic.

Rest in Peace James

"James kept his wife and kids alive while sacrificing his own life and I believe all men who read this story will hold James in the highest regard as a man among men who gave his two children the rest of their lives," one reader wrote.

www.cnn.com and www.cnet.com for details

konex 12-06-2006 08:34 PM

:cry:

GOBB 12-06-2006 08:36 PM

How did he die?

JSub 12-06-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
How did he die?

Hypothermia I'm assuming, since he was lost in the Oregon mountains for days.

rezznor 12-06-2006 08:41 PM

ive watched and read alot of his reviews. gadget heads like me will miss him.

GOBB 12-06-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSub
Hypothermia I'm assuming, since he was lost in the Oregon mountains for days.

Ohhhh i seee. I was thinkin they were kidnapped, he went to rescue/find them and in exchange traded his life for thiers.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 12-06-2006 08:41 PM

re:

this is tragic news. I wish his family well.

anywya, i wonder if that guy ever read the book Hatchet.

StraightHustlinInTDOT 12-06-2006 08:52 PM

Kinda sad and ironic that the guy could've just stayed at the car and been rescued, but instead dies trying to be hero.

the even bigger black guy 12-06-2006 09:06 PM

James was a senior editor at CNET. his gadget collumn had a big following.

the family stayed in the car for a week, burnt the tires for warmth, james fed the little food they had to his family, and his wife even nursed the 7 month and 4 year old daughters to keep them alive. after a week they realized they couldn't just sit there and die, so james went out into the snow to get help. turned out he made it quite a distance before dying and the family was rescued on day 9.

it's really tragic, but james did what any father would do. risked his life to save his family

the even bigger black guy 12-06-2006 09:07 PM

on the news they just said..."his footprints in the snow led rescuers to the car so those children should know he saved their lives"

Smokee 12-06-2006 09:07 PM

thats got to be one of the worst ways to go out. Poor korean dude :cry:

rezznor 12-06-2006 09:08 PM

no, his family was saved 2 days ago, he left 4 days ago after they were in the car for 9 days. he tried to find help, but never made it back. he actually would still be alive today probably if he had stayed with his family, but he had to take the chance to try and find help.

StraightHustlinInTDOT 12-06-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the even bigger black guy
on the news they just said..."his footprints in the snow led rescuers to the car so those children should know he saved their lives"

Well.. at least his efforts weren't in vain

rezznor 12-06-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StraightHustlinInTDOT
Well.. at least his efforts weren't in vain

thats not how his family was saved, a helicopter spotted the mom waving an umbrella after the dad left. after they rescued the family, they followed footprints to find HIM.

StraightHustlinInTDOT 12-06-2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezznor
thats not how his family was saved, a helicopter spotted the mom waving an umbrella after the dad left. after they rescued the family, they followed footprints to find HIM.

that sucks then