Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Where Should I Live? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207540)

GatorKid117 02-02-2011 06:22 PM

Where Should I Live?
 
So I have a final interview for this potential job I want and as required, you have to put down your most and least preferred cities/states you would want to work in. Being in Florida my whole life, my opinion of each pretty much comes from what I've heard in the media so that can't be reliable. So if you've lived in or know what each city is like, care to give your opinion?

Chicago:

Boston:

San Antonio:

Colorado (Denver/Colorado Springs):

Baltimore:

San Fran:

Phoenix:

Charlotte:

Dallas:

Houston:

Kansas City:

There's 39 in all but these are what I'm most interested in. I'm leaning towards Denver right now because I like the mountains and I hear Colorado Springs is nice. But I really have no idea.

BankShot 02-02-2011 06:40 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
So I have a final interview for this potential job I want and as required, you have to put down your most and least preferred cities/states you would want to work in. Being in Florida my whole life, my opinion of each pretty much comes from what I've heard in the media so that can't be reliable. So if you've lived in or know what each city is like, care to give your opinion?


Out of those listed, I'd go Chicago.... as long as you think you can handle a cold winter.

-playmaker- 02-02-2011 06:46 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Of those listed I would prolly take the fresh air of Colorado...I aways picture that as my retirement state for some reason...

Dallas might give you the best cost of living of all those listed though...but I am not that familar with a few of them...

chazzy 02-02-2011 06:49 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
San Fran is nice. Being from California myself I'm biased obviously, but when I check the weather and see that half the country is in a snowstorm, I'm more appreciative of the weather out here lol. Lots to do in that town, good nightlife and the bay is cool. Haven't been there too many times but I've only heard good things from some cousins who go to school there. Chicago is awesome too, but I'm not sure how you would like the winters in some of those cold towns.

GatorKid117 02-02-2011 06:53 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
Out of those listed, I'd go Chicago.... as long as you think you can handle a cold winter.


I can handle the cold pretty well and living in a big city would be a huge change from suburban life. Really the only big city I'm considering. I don't think I could handle New York.

Quote:

Of those listed I would prolly take the fresh air of Colorado...I aways picture that as my retirement state for some reason...

Dallas might give you the best cost of living of all those listed though...but I am not that familar with a few of them...

Ya Colorado seems really nice. I've been there once and just loved the scenery. I think it would be pretty peaceful living there.

QUIZZLE 02-02-2011 07:00 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Chicago: Never been. Heard good things though. There's some really bad parts of the cities but if you can suck up the coldness it'd probably be worth while.

Boston: I loved Boston while I was there. It's probably the cleanest city I've ever been in.

Baltimore: Go here if you want to hate your life.

San Fran: Sexy choice.

Charlotte: Eh... Not good, not bad, IMO.

GatorKid117 02-02-2011 07:01 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chazzy
San Fran is nice. Being from California myself I'm biased obviously, but when I check the weather and see that half the country is in a snowstorm, I'm more appreciative of the weather out here lol. Lots to do in that town, good nightlife and the bay is cool. Haven't been there too many times but I've only heard good things from some cousins who go to school there. Chicago is awesome too, but I'm not sure how you would like the winters in some of those cold towns.


Haha I know what you mean. Same thing down here in Florida. It's like 68 right now, beautiful weather.

San Fran is high up on my list but I feel like the cost of living would be really high. Still I hear it's great culturally and living in California has always been interesting to me. The current state of California though kinda scares me. I admit I don't know much about it it but I know being in loads of debt isn't good lol.

pete's montreux 02-02-2011 07:01 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Chicago: Never been. Heard good things though. There's some really bad parts of the cities but if you can suck up the coldness it'd probably be worth while.

Boston: I loved Boston while I was there. It's probably the cleanest city I've ever been in.

Baltimore: Go here if you want to hate your life.

San Fran: Sexy choice.

Charlotte: Eh... Not good, not bad, IMO.


Wait what? :oldlol:

My definition of dirty must not be so bad if you think Boston is clean. That city has been in constant reconstruction for 50 years. It's awful.

QUIZZLE 02-02-2011 07:04 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Wait what? :oldlol:

My definition of dirty must not be so bad if you think Boston is clean. That city has been in constant reconstruction for 50 years. It's awful.


Maybe it was just where I was at. I'm not sure. I visited a friend up in Providence and we went to Boston for dinner and walked around. Where ever I was was very clean and really nice.

ProfessorMurder 02-02-2011 07:12 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Chicago: Nice big city, cold as shit, some really bad parts.

Boston: homier than Chi, cold as shit, construction everywhere.

Baltimore: C'mon, you're considering Baltimore? :lol

Phoenix: Very nice, always warm, some bad traffic on highways if you have to commute a ways.

Kansas City: Kansas?



The three I've been to, plus two you should toss out.

pete's montreux 02-02-2011 07:14 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Maybe it was just where I was at. I'm not sure. I visited a friend up in Providence and we went to Boston for dinner and walked around. Where ever I was was very clean and really nice.


Where'd you go if you remember?

GatorKid117 02-02-2011 07:23 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
The three I've been to, plus two you should toss out.

Chicago: Nice big city, cold as shit, some really bad parts.

Boston: homier than Chi, cold as shit, construction everywhere.

Baltimore: C'mon, you're considering Baltimore?

Phoenix: Very nice, always warm, some bad traffic on highways if you have to commute a ways.

Kansas City: Kansas?


Haha, ya. I didn't want to rule out anything just from what I've heard. But if Baltimore really is that bad then I'll scratch it off.

For Kansas City, I really know nothing about it. Figured it would be cool to get some insight before I rule it out too.

I had no idea there was so much construction going in Boston. That's a pretty big turn-off.

Dwade305 02-02-2011 07:24 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
:lol @ Baltimore

They got some nice strip clubs there though.

dkmwise 02-02-2011 07:34 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Haha, ya. I didn't want to rule out anything just from what I've heard. But if Baltimore really is that bad then I'll scratch it off.

For Kansas City, I really know nothing about it. Figured it would be cool to get some insight before I rule it out too.

I had no idea there was so much construction going in Boston. That's a pretty big turn-off.



The construction there is not a big deal, more just a running joke. Don't let that be the thing to dter you from the city

baseketball4life 02-02-2011 07:41 PM

Re: Where Should I Live?
 
Boston or Chitown! east side


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy