Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kevin Love replaces Yao Ming on 2011 NBA West All-Star team (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207836)

DeronMillsap 02-04-2011 07:34 PM

Kevin Love replaces Yao Ming on 2011 NBA West All-Star team

Full info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7130

:mad: Aldridge SCREWED!!!!!!

Nash and Z-bo snubbed as well!!!

Updating with a link and article....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allsta...ory?id=6091625

Quote:

Minnesota Timberwolves center Kevin Love has been selected as the final Western Conference reserve for the Feb. 20 All-Star Game.

NBA commissioner David Stern made the selection Friday.

Love replaces Yao Ming, who is injured and out for the season.

Love is averaging 21.4 points and a league-best 15.5 rebounds and shooting 43.9 percent from 3-point range. He has 34 straight double-doubles but plays for a team with an 11-37 record.

West coach Gregg Popovich will determine who replaces Yao in the starting lineup.

YAWN 02-04-2011 07:34 PM

Re: Kevin Love replaces Yao in the ASG

hmm.. thought it was going to be Nash

lilWesleyJ4 02-04-2011 07:36 PM

I would've been fine with him missing it but since he made it:applause: :rockon: :cheers: :banana:

ashbelly 02-04-2011 07:37 PM

:oldlol: Aldridge got jobbed on this one. I don't see how he is not an allstar :facepalm

Allstar24 02-04-2011 07:37 PM

Good...it is stupid to punish a guy for playing on a shitty team. If you lead the league in rebounding and double-doubles, you are an All-star.

konex 02-04-2011 07:37 PM

Unbelievable. Love (do the Wolves have 10 wins) and washed-up Duncan over Parker, Z-Bo and Aldridge?

bdreason 02-04-2011 07:38 PM

I don't mind the selection all that much.... but it certainly doesn't fall in line with how All-Stars are traditionally picked. I mean, the TWolves are argueably the worst team in the NBA. :confusedshrug:

DaHeezy 02-04-2011 07:39 PM

Great news. I actually thought he should have been naturally selected

lilWesleyJ4 02-04-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
I don't mind the selection all that much.... but it certainly doesn't fall in line with how All-Stars are traditionally picked. I mean, the TWolves are argueably the worst team in the NBA. :confusedshrug:

No we aren't:lol It isn't even arguable that we are:facepalm

Kellogs4toniee 02-04-2011 07:40 PM

Based on how reserves and replacements are usually picked, VERY surprised that Aldridge, Z-Bo, and Nash were not picked over Love. I love the guy, no pun intended, but people don't go to the All-Star game to watch rebounding.

kaiiu 02-04-2011 07:40 PM

lol dude must be the most boring player to ever play in the ASG

ShaqAttack3234 02-04-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar24
Good...it is stupid to punish a guy for playing on a shitty team. If you lead the league in rebounding and double-doubles, you are an All-star.

When your team is THAT bad, you're not making that much of an impact. if he was even half as good as his stats suggest, the Wolves wouldn't be this pathetic. They're almost as bad as Cleveland.

There's no argument for Love over Aldridge, look what he's done in Portland with all of those injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by konex
Unbelievable. Love (do the Wolves have 10 wins) and washed-up Duncan over Parker, Z-Bo and Aldridge?

Agreed on Parker and Aldridge, but I'm cool with Duncan making the team. I have to admit, I just dislike Randolph(though I'm also not impressed with him), so me saying he shouldn't be an all-star is somewhat biased.

Lebron23 02-04-2011 07:40 PM

I hope the Grizzlies makes the playoffs this season. Poor Zach Randolph. He's currently averaging 20 ppg, and 13.2 rpg, and the Grizzlies are currently 26-24 in the Western Conference.

Grizzlies vs. Spurs in the First Round = Action Pack Playoffs Series.

konex 02-04-2011 07:42 PM

I can't blame Stern though. Without Nash, you need some white NA allstars :pimp:

bdreason 02-04-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilWesleyJ4
No we aren't:lol It isn't even arguable that we are:facepalm

The only team with a worse record is Cleveland... and they have a better record against Div and Conf opponents.

A team with a guy who drops 20/20 on the regular and still has the 2nd worst record in the league...