Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rockets suspend Aaron Brooks one game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=208029)

insidehoops 02-06-2011 01:47 PM

Rockets suspend Aaron Brooks one game

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7140

According to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, “Brooks was taken out of Saturday’s overtime win against the Memphis Grizzlies with 6:45 left in the fourth quarter, but instead of heading to the bench, went to the locker room. Brooks has said he had been frustrated with his role coming off the bench and with his play, but had gotten over it. He was not available for comment.”

L.Kizzle 02-06-2011 02:45 PM

Re: Rockets suspend Aaron Brooks one game

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops

According to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle, “Brooks was taken out of Saturday’s overtime win against the Memphis Grizzlies with 6:45 left in the fourth quarter, but instead of heading to the bench, went to the locker room. Brooks has said he had been frustrated with his role coming off the bench and with his play, but had gotten over it. He was not available for comment.”

Brooks for Melo. :rockon:

KB2009Champ 02-06-2011 09:54 PM

Aaron Brooks Suspended One game

Quote:

Houston Rockets guard Aaron Brooks has been suspended for tomorrow night’s game in Denver for conduct detrimental to the team.

The team will have no further comment regarding this matter.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7140#ixzz1DEoVdzM1

mateoboz 02-06-2011 09:59 PM

Re: Aaron Brooks Suspended One game

He's going to leave in the offseason. Not good! I LOVE Brooks!

AMISTILLILL 02-06-2011 10:04 PM

If he leaves, Miami should move heaven and earth to snag this guy. Of the point guards available, Brooks fills the slot perfectly. Literally a 10% chance they can afford him though.

Stuckey 02-06-2011 10:08 PM

this guy is awesome

ImmortalNemesis 02-06-2011 10:24 PM

Read this hours ago.

Even since coming back from his ankle injury, Aaron Brooks has been a disappointment. Apparently he got mad because Rick took him out of the game. He has no reason to complain, he's been playing pretty bad lately. In fact, I can comfortably say Lowry has earned his starting PG spot for the rest of the season.

I love Brooks but this guy has almost no basketball IQ. He is a scorer, that's it. He can't play defense and he can't set up a half court play, so I wouldn't be upset if Houston let him go. He needs to go to a team like the Lakers or the Heat. If you look at his numbers you'd think he's a chucker, but he's not. He's shooting what like 30 % from the 3 pt line? Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

noob cake 02-07-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
If he leaves, Miami should move heaven and earth to snag this guy. Of the point guards available, Brooks fills the slot perfectly. Literally a 10% chance they can afford him though.

Yup, excellent shooting point guard with no passing skills. Since Wade and LeBron can pass, Brooks is a great point guard for the Heats

LT Ice Cream 02-07-2011 12:26 AM

Why do you guys say he would be great for Miami? James, Wade, and Bosh suffice in the scoring department. What's needed is a defender at the PG spot because James or Wade can bring the ball up well enough.

Meticode 02-07-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL

I honestly feel they're fine at the point. I know Arroyo and Chalmbers aren't spectular or anything, but they've been very solid from outside teh arc this season.

I feel they should sure-up their center position. I don't see Dampier coming back next season. I'll be surprsied. The Heat didn't want to sign him in the first place thsi season then they were stuck with him. Then you have Big Z. He was ready to retire until LeBron reached out to him to try to snag a championship this season.

2012 Center Free Agents

Roy Hibbert (restricted)
Chris Kaman (unrestricted)
Andrew Bynum (team option)
Brook Lopez (restricted)
Robin Lopez (restricted)
Marcus Camby (unrestricted)
JaVale McGree (restricted)
Antonio McDyress (unrestricted)

...I think they should definitely try to get Camby if he's 100% healthy. Before he went down with injury he was over 11 rebounds per game with only 29 minutes per game. And was almost averaging 2 blocks. His salary should be taking a major dip too since he's 36 now and got over $11 this season.

StateOfMind12 02-07-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
Read this hours ago.

Even since coming back from his ankle injury, Aaron Brooks has been a disappointment. Apparently he got mad because Rick took him out of the game. He has no reason to complain, he's been playing pretty bad lately. In fact, I can comfortably say Lowry has earned his starting PG spot for the rest of the season.

I love Brooks but this guy has almost no basketball IQ. He is a scorer, that's it. He can't play defense and he can't set up a half court play, so I wouldn't be upset if Houston let him go. He needs to go to a team like the Lakers or the Heat. If you look at his numbers you'd think he's a chucker, but he's not. He's shooting what like 30 % from the 3 pt line? Those numbers don't tell the whole story.

I have always say that about Brooks. I remember in the 08-09 season (the season they traded Alston away, and acquired Lowry), I felt that Lowry should have been the one that started, not Brooks. I also remember that Lowry was a very poor shooter during that time. He vastly improved his shooting since.

ImmortalNemesis 02-07-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I have always say that about Brooks. I remember in the 08-09 season (the season they traded Alston away, and acquired Lowry), I felt that Lowry should have been the one that started, not Brooks. I also remember that Lowry was a very poor shooter during that time. He vastly improved his shooting since.

No dude. 08-09 Brooks was on another level. He was miles ahead of Kyle Lowry, not the case anymore. Brooks is an excellent 3rd or 4th option. Deadly shooter if left wide open. His role in Houston is to create his own shot or create for others, and that's when he gets in trouble; because he can't run an offensive play. I still think 2008-2010 Brooks >>> current Kyle Lowry.

StateOfMind12 02-07-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
No dude. 08-09 Brooks was on another level. He was miles ahead of Kyle Lowry, not the case anymore. Brooks is an excellent 3rd or 4th option. Deadly shooter if left wide open. His role in Houston is to create his own shot or create for others, and that's when he gets in trouble; because he can't run an offensive play. I still think 2008-2010 Brooks >>> current Kyle Lowry.

So you are telling me Brooks has just regressed this season? Nothing more? He was pretty tremendous last season, not gonna lie. The system favored him with the uptempo play. . Brooks and Yao couldn't co exist if you ask me.

AMISTILLILL 02-07-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
I honestly feel they're fine at the point. I know Arroyo and Chalmbers aren't spectular or anything, but they've been very solid from outside teh arc this season.

I feel they should sure-up their center position. I don't see Dampier coming back next season. I'll be surprsied. The Heat didn't want to sign him in the first place thsi season then they were stuck with him. Then you have Big Z. He was ready to retire until LeBron reached out to him to try to snag a championship this season.

2012 Center Free Agents

Roy Hibbert (restricted)
Chris Kaman (unrestricted)
Andrew Bynum (team option)
Brook Lopez (restricted)
Robin Lopez (restricted)
Marcus Camby (unrestricted)
JaVale McGree (restricted)
Antonio McDyress (unrestricted)

...I think they should definitely try to get Camby if he's 100% healthy. Before he went down with injury he was over 11 rebounds per game with only 29 minutes per game. And was almost averaging 2 blocks. His salary should be taking a major dip too since he's 36 now and got over $11 this season.

I'm still convinced Orlando makes a mad dash for Camby. Possibly not even waiting for the off season and trying to arrange a trade prior to the deadline so as to not risk being shorthanded in the post-season. Not entirely sure how motivated Portland would be to let him go though. I wouldn't be shocked if they're so tired of injuries that they're willing to entertain offers on almost everybody.

Camby would flourish in a bench role backing up Howard, while shoring up the need for a backup big in the process. Not expected to put up spectacular numbers in limited minutes, which is a win/win for both Orlando and Camby since his age and propensity for injury is high. Truthfully, he'll likely play more than Gortat did. Still though: those would be productive minutes and he could be one of the biggest weapons off the Orlando bench on both ends of the court. I would actually start to worry about Orlando in the playoffs if Camby went there.

Though he would make an instant impact on the Heat as well. Either team would benefit right off the bat. I'm interested to see how Arroyo/Chalmers fair for this Heat squad in the playoffs. I think how they do will answer a lot of questions about whether the FO makes moves in the off season to find a PG who better complements the Big Three.

I can't imagine Big Z playing another season in a Heat uniform. To be honest I can't imagine Big Z playing another. Period.

AMISTILLILL 02-07-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
Yup, excellent shooting point guard with no passing skills. Since Wade and LeBron can pass, Brooks is a great point guard for the Heats

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic. With ball dominant players like LeBron and Wade I wouldn't emphasize passing as much as I would for a PG on a lot of other teams. The guys passing skills aren't Hall Of Fame status but they aren't D-League worthy either.