Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kings fine DeMarcus Cousins for incident with teammate, won't suspend him (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209009)

insidehoops 02-14-2011 04:38 PM

Kings fine DeMarcus Cousins for incident with teammate, won't suspend him

aside from the one game he missed which was not technically a suspension.

The Sacramento Kings today fined rookie forward/center DeMarcus Cousins for his involvement in a post-game incident with Donté Greene following Saturday’s (2/12/11) contest versus the Oklahoma City Thunder. Cousins will rejoin the team and be available for Tuesday’s rematch against the Thunder in Oklahoma City.

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7183

04mzwach 02-14-2011 04:40 PM

Re: Kings fine DeMarcus Cousins for incident with teammate, won't suspend him

Sacramento's spoiled rich kid gets away with everything.

ashbelly 02-14-2011 04:42 PM

They won't suspend him ??:wtf: he didnt play yesterday. If that aint a suspension i don't know what is.

allabouthawks 02-14-2011 04:45 PM

why isnt green fined or suspended? didnt they both hav a go or somthing

DeronMillsap 02-14-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashbelly
They won't suspend him ??:wtf: he didnt play yesterday. If that aint a suspension i don't know what is.

That was a team decision, not league.

Showtime 02-14-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Sacramento's spoiled rich kid gets away with everything.

If he got away with everything, he wouldn't have been punished for just about everything this season you dumbass.

04mzwach 02-14-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime
If he got away with everything, he wouldn't have been punished for just about everything this season you dumbass.

He obviously hasn't been punished enough. If he gets away with something so disrespectful to his team and doesn't get away with so many other things. What kind of message does it send? Is it okay? NO.

Anti Hero 02-14-2011 05:04 PM

Didn't play last night, and his team still killed the my beloved Suns :banghead:

D.J. 02-14-2011 05:06 PM

If nothing happened to Green, then Cousins had to have instigated whatever confrontation occurred. Also remember this is a team punishment, not a league one.

boozehound 02-14-2011 05:10 PM

good. while i dont know the details, it sounds like they both swung. They need a veteran big who will keep this kid in check a little with that shit. Sheed?

Showtime 02-14-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

He obviously hasn't been punished enough. If he gets away with something so disrespectful to his team and doesn't get away with so many other things. What kind of message does it send? Is it okay? NO.

How does he get away with it by missing a game + fine? I don't get what you are basing this on. This was two teammates fighting in the locker room. Most times, that's not even punished. What would be appropriate punishment according to you if this is nothing?

alwaysunny 02-14-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boozehound
good. while i dont know the details, it sounds like they both swung. They need a veteran big who will keep this kid in check a little with that shit. Sheed?

:roll: :roll:

boozehound 02-14-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

again,he missed a game and will be fined for it. While it is clearly not acceptable behavior (no matter how valid his point may have been), its not nearly the big deal that it was made out to be.

KG suckerpunched rik rickert and broke his face during a team practice cause he was getting embarrassed by him according to eye witness accounts. How is cousins upset over a botched/bad last possession worse than something like that. If you expect these dudes to play with passion, it is bound to overflow occasionally.

Showtime 02-14-2011 05:15 PM

BTW, punches didn't even land. It was a *****-swing fight.

04mzwach 02-14-2011 05:20 PM

I thought it was Cousin's decision to miss a game. The fine is a slap on the wrist. There's been so much trouble with this guy, I expected there to be severe punishment. It seems like it never stops. It's only his rookie year and there's been multiple problems and we're not even done yet.