Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wiz Khalifa??? Am I only one.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209983)

BMore 02-21-2011 08:53 PM

Wiz Khalifa??? Am I only one....

It seems like everyone I know is digging Wiz. He's got a decent flow, and I like his production but his lyrics are lacking hard most of the time. People around me think dude is the second coming. Everyone is jockriding hard. Am I the only one who feels like he's average?

Styles p 02-21-2011 08:55 PM

Re: Wiz Khalifa??? Am I only one....

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMore
It seems like everyone I know is digging Wiz. He's got a decent flow, and I like his production but his lyrics are lacking hard most of the time. People around me think dude is the second coming. Everyone is jockriding hard. Am I the only one who feels like he's average?

i agree with you.

Jailblazers7 02-21-2011 08:57 PM

He's not for everyone. I don't think he will ever be a universally respected artist but he's found a nice niche for himself.

Hawker 02-21-2011 09:12 PM

I'm glad we got a our weekly wiz thread outta the way. I was worried for a sec.

airchibundo507 02-22-2011 01:36 AM

Definitely average

PistonsFan#21 02-22-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Definitely average

definitely slightely above average in this current era of mainstream rappers but still nothing great

KingBeasley08 02-22-2011 08:21 AM

as my now-banned nig froman wud say, wiz got the potential to be one of the best when its all said and done

Slum Village11 02-22-2011 01:09 PM

wiz is probably one of the best out there right now. hes got mad swag and his music is crazy sick :bowdown:

Crown&Coke 02-22-2011 01:29 PM

He is decent, in todays rap game he is pretty good compared to the lames that are putting out songs.

The issue I have with Wiz Khalifa is he doesn't have an original sound. His voice sounds like felli fel and when you sound like someone else in the game its hard to make a unique impression without coming out with some chart topping hit, which normally only translates into commerical success but not "success" in terms of growing the game.

Harrison_Barnes 02-22-2011 01:51 PM

He is decent but by no means anything spectacular. :confusedshrug:

Q.E.C 02-22-2011 06:54 PM

These are the only 2 songs I can really jam from Wiz

Crazy since the 80s

Wiz and Curren$y - The Life

rosonviyavong 02-22-2011 07:24 PM

I prefer Tyga

VishaltotheG 02-22-2011 08:44 PM

Average rapper quality: 2/10

Wiz: 2.8/10

That sums it up

BMore 02-22-2011 09:58 PM

:applause: These answers are the exact opposite to what I've been hearing. Just glad I'm not the only one buying into the hype

AirTupac 02-22-2011 10:03 PM

I loved a lot of his older stuff. He's put out some dope songs recently as well but i was digging the other things more. It kind of irks me how many people are how man people are all of a suddenly worshiping Wiz. Definitely overrated but he's pretty good.

For Example - I know a couple kids who constantly talk to each other by using Wiz Khalifa lyrics. It's so stupid!!