Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Suns trade for Aaron Brooks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210468)

Anti Hero 02-24-2011 03:03 PM

Suns trade for Aaron Brooks

No word on the details just heard it on ESPN

For Goran Dragic and a pick

Sawbucks23 02-24-2011 05:04 PM

Re: Suns trade for Aaron Brooks

I was disappointed that the Suns gave up a pick which means the Suns expect the draft to be a weak draft. hopefully we can sign Aaron Brooks to a multi-year deal. I also heard we almost trade Lopez and Pietrus for Milsap which would have made us an elite team. I honestly didn't think the Suns would make any trades at this point. :wtf:

Sawbucks23 02-24-2011 05:07 PM

I was disappointed that the Suns gave up a pick which means the Suns expect the draft to be a weak draft. hopefully we can sign Aaron Brooks to a multi-year deal. I also heard we almost trade Lopez and Pietrus for Milsap which would have made us an elite team. I honestly didn't think the Suns would make any trades at this point. :wtf:

Maniak 02-24-2011 06:30 PM

Giving up Goran Dragic?

Man...I just don't get it. Brooks better thrive in Phoenix or I will riot.

Anti Hero 02-24-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Giving up Goran Dragic?

He torches us when we play him, I think he'll thrive here.

Too bad we couldn't get Milsap.. although I really like Piet.. hmm I dunno what to think about that trade.

Jasper 02-24-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawbucks23

Suns training staff must of saw some future issues for Dragic ...
Nice pick up with Brooks''' probably will replace NASH when he retires.
That dude is FAST..

Milsap is a very good player .. would I consider him a star :confusedshrug:
It would of been neat to watch this team with that front line though :(

But the Suns IMO aren't using Pietrus enough.
They have two very good to good players in Pietrus and Lopez... and they just need to find minutes and stay within Gent's system.

As I said before , I still think the Suns make the playoffs.

Jasper 02-24-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Giving up Goran Dragic?

Brooks is a top 5-7 PG IMO ... .that dude is fast and quick.
He'll fill in nicely for Dragic ... problem is Dragic had a pretty good IQ about defense...

Anti Hero 02-24-2011 09:42 PM

Yea, I think Brooks is a capable pg for when Nash leaves. If we get some really good players around him that'd be ideal. If he's our pg and our best player then we are in trouble.

Piet is a good player and stands the most to gain when Hill leaves Imo. I really like him and I'm glad he didn't get traded

Not sure about Lopez, if he were good enough he'd be in the game during crutial moments. I think Gortat is and will be better than Lopez.

Maniak 02-24-2011 10:56 PM

Gortat will no doubt be a better than Lopez.

Anti Hero 02-25-2011 12:38 AM

Lon Babby talking about the trade

Xover 02-25-2011 02:15 PM

I posted this in a thread in the main forum but what I had to say could be more relevant here.

Quote:

real question is if brooks is happy with this trade ? if he is then he should thrive in phoenix but since he's been shipped off to a team where he has no choice but to play as a backup pg then wouldn't he be pissed off ? given those were the reasons behind his shitty attitude, while also playing bad all season.

Having a player like Brooks (when good) coming off the bench is a great boost for the suns but he might not play the role so enthusiastically as expected from the fans
:hammerhead: :confusedshrug:

Jasper 03-01-2011 09:27 PM

after the big trade and now Brooks , do you guys realize I maybe right -
Suns in the playoffs :confusedshrug: :applause: :applause: :applause:

IMO one of the neat teams to watch.

* still think N.O. fails to make the playoffs